PDA

View Full Version : Where Is Teddy Roosevelt When We Need Him?

Overlay
06-08-2015, 11:11 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/delta-declares-war-on-online-travel-agencies-and-fliers-are-casualties/ar-BBkQNHq

Delta Air Lines is blocking online travel sites from accessing its fare structures in order to prevent comparison shopping for air fares, and to force consumers to purchase tickets directly from the airline. This effort is aided by the fact that mergers and acquisitions in the industry have reduced the major carriers down to only four airlines that control 80% of the market -- Delta, American, United, and Southwest. (Apparently, Southwest has never supplied its fare data to online travel agencies.)

Sounds like a little "trust-busting" might be in order.

lamboguy
06-09-2015, 04:34 AM
interesting, whenever i try to book a flight, Delta is always the most expensive way for me to go. i had been flying that airline when they were called Northeast Airlines. i haven't been that loyal to them for the past 30 years though.

boxcar
06-09-2015, 09:15 AM
interesting, whenever i try to book a flight, Delta is always the most expensive way for me to go. i had been flying that airline when they were called Northeast Airlines. i haven't been that loyal to them for the past 30 years though.

There you go. There's your answer. It's no wonder Delta wants to do all it can to discourage comparison shopping.