PDA

View Full Version : What to do when your health insurance is cancelled.

DJofSD
06-08-2015, 11:11 AM
http://i0.wp.com/armstrongeconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/hreath.jpeg

Tom
06-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Join the 61% who do not favor Obama-care. 39% approval rating.

DJofSD
06-09-2015, 03:20 PM
I keep reading hints that it is going belly up sooner than later.

Just another example that government should not be trying run a business. You can't serve two masters at the same time.

Secondbest
06-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Don't get Sick.If you do your screwed.

Clocker
06-09-2015, 03:43 PM
I keep reading hints that it is going belly up sooner than later.

The SCOTUS decision on whether people buying on the federal exchange can get subsidies is due out this month. That would be a quick death. I look for more tortured language from the Chief Justice to back into a decision to save it.

Even with the subsidies, it is in a death spiral. A lot of insurance companies are asking for big rate hikes in 2016 because they never got the level of young and healthy customers needed to keep it afloat. (Who could have predicted such a thing? :eek: ) With higher rates, they will get even fewer young and healthy customers. Rinse and repeat.

Tom
06-09-2015, 03:46 PM
And as with ISIS, Obama has no strategy if it is shot down.

Clocker
06-09-2015, 03:48 PM
And as with ISIS, Obama has no strategy if it is shot down.

That is not true.

The strategy is to blame it on the Republicans.

classhandicapper
06-10-2015, 03:56 PM
The only solution is to become so wealthy you have enough money to retire in several currencies and possess gold located in a variety of countries that no one is aware of.

That way even if your local currency crashes (and many will in coming decades), your government institutes capital controls (and many will in coming decades), your government outlaws and confiscates things like gold that might be used as a currency instead of their devaluing printed toilet paper (and some might in coming decades) you can always leave and not ever have to worry about healthcare.

You can't be dependent on anything related to government services or institutions.

Governments are the enemy. It's not by design. It's an inevitability. They eventually become corrupt due to the politics of gaining and maintaining power. Then once they start heading down the shithole they will say and do anything required to retain power and push the day of reckoning forward onto some other schmuck in the future. It's a giant game of musical chairs except no one knows when the music stops. You can just know the direction we are heading and that we are getting closer.