PDA

View Full Version : Question on Eliminating horses in a race

sq764
01-14-2002, 11:53 AM
When approaching a race, I find it much easier to go backwards, that it, throwing out everyone I do not like before I try to find who I like. Sometimes I find it difficult to decide between a couple of horses and whether to throw them out. Often I am left with 5 horses in a 12 horse race fitting the 'can win' category. At this point, I try to pick the horse who is the biggest overlay.

The problem is that I miss out on a lot of huge exactas and trifectas by neglecting the exotics, basically because I cannot narrow the field down to less than 5.

I was curious if anyone else goes through the elimination process first, and if so, what 'rules' you go by to start throwing horses out of a race..

Scott

ranchwest
01-14-2002, 12:23 PM
My eliminations are geared toward patterns that consistently show a very poor ROI. This is more of a starting point than a final elimination. I use this only for win and parlay win wagering.

GR1@HTR
01-14-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by sq764
[B
The problem is that I miss out on a lot of huge exactas and trifectas by neglecting the exotics, basically because I cannot narrow the field down to less than 5.

Scott [/B]

Scott, I would recommend to look at the other side of handicapping to solve this issue-->On how to construct wagering tickets to meet your needs. Here is one book that might help:
http://www.gamblersbook.com/cgi/shop/cashcart.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=542105.htm&ORDER_ID=197881072

ranchwest
01-16-2002, 11:55 PM
GR1,

The link you supplied does not work. Could you otherwise reference what you were telling us?

Thanks!

GR1@HTR
01-17-2002, 12:16 AM
Lets try this one:

http://www.gamblersbook.com/cgi/shop/cashcart.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=542105.htm&ORDER_ID=233684233

Name of the book is Exotic Wagering Formulas by Thomas Walters. The book opened my eyes not only to his wagering formulas but also on how to develop your own to suite your style. If will help those who have 5 contenders in a race and don't know how to bet them. ie do i bet the exacta or trifecta?

ranchwest
01-17-2002, 06:56 AM
Thanks. For others reading, the link leads to a page that says the following:

You cannot revise an order after checking out. You must enter the shop again if you wish to order more items, or contact the merchant directly if you need to cancel an order.

Press the button below if you wish to start a new shopping session.

Now that we have the name of the book, we should be able to find it. Thanks.