PDA

View Full Version : Ian O'Conners poses the question..

Kash$
06-07-2015, 09:30 AM
This morning on espn radio Ian O'Connor ask the question,

Now that the triple crown drought is over will racing lose interest?

How many of the 90,000 will return if there isnt a triple crown on the line next year?

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Probably the same amount who would have showed up had AP not won and there was no TC on the line next year.

A TC winner won't change racing. But it won't hurt it, that's for sure.

By most accounts, yesterday was a great time at Belmont Park.

Kash$
06-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Probably the same amount who would have showed up had AP not won and there was no TC on the line next year.

A TC winner won't change racing. But it won't hurt it, that's for sure.

By most accounts, yesterday was a great time at Belmont Park.

Agree racing fans will show up regardless

thespaah
06-07-2015, 11:38 AM

How many of the 90,000 will return if there isnt a triple crown on the line next year?
O'Connor poses a silly question here.
Sports fans will always show up when there is something of extraordinary interest at stake.
I guess the one factor regarding AP is whether or not AP's connections retire the horse.
I'd like to see AP go in the Travers and culminate his season in the Breeders Cup Classic.

DeltaLover
06-07-2015, 11:50 AM

The new Triple Crown winner alone, is not going to change the destiny of horse racing, as we know it today. It is now in the hands of those who are running the industry, to take advantage of the new super star, promoting it to the mazes both as a sport and a game.

It was a welcomed surprise for me, the listen to clueless about the game people, discussing how great the upcoming weekend was going to be, since we not only had the final of Champions League but we also had 'that' horse trying to win something that is called a "TC"... Friday night, while riding the subway, I even participated in this kind of chat, with strangers who were obviously very casual fans...

There are many things that need to be changed in the way the game is conducted and it would be great if we, the horse bettors, had something to say in the upcoming evolution of it.. I really believe that nobody else knows better what needs to happen, in order to re-estate the game as the KING OF ANY GAMBLING ACTIVITY

Appy
06-07-2015, 01:14 PM
How many NEW horse racing fans are joining up because of a new TC win?

I suspect the thrill of victory will be fleeting and the crowd will disperse, leaving the normal number of panhandlers standing at the corner waiting for the next bus.