PDA

View Full Version : DVD Help

Tom
05-29-2004, 12:09 PM
Just bought a DVD player. Not impressed so far. I hooked it up using S-Videao -- that is great-real sharp picture.
Used the audio cable from playter to TV, LH and RH plugs.
Cannot get any sound at all. Of course, the manual is absolutely no help at all. All it talks about is how to set up dolby, surround sound, stereos. etc, All I want is to listen to it thorugh my TV.
My quesiton, is this possible? Do I have to have a third device in this set up in order to hear the sound?
Frankly, VHS was fine and much more versitle than DVD.

BillW
05-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Make sure it is the right audio input. Each channel (video1, video2 etc) has a pair of audio inputs.

chickenhead
05-29-2004, 12:29 PM
it probably depends on what mode it is set up for right now, I beleive with surround sound the TV uses the center channel, if your DVD has a center channel try that.

Tom
05-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by BillW
Make sure it is the right audio input. Each channel (video1, video2 etc) has a pair of audio inputs.

WOO-HOOO!

It would have killed them to mention that in either the TV manual or the DVD manual. The labels for the channels on the TV are molded in the case, same color (black) and about a font size of 3!

Thank you, BillW......now I can work on my "project today."

sq764
05-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Watch Seabiscuit and RUDY on DVD.. You will reconsider..

Tom
05-30-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by sq764
Watch Seabiscuit and RUDY on DVD.. You will reconsider..

I have Seabuscuit and just bought Return of the King. That is my entire collection. Great Memorial Day weekend to watch both.
Now, got to find Survivor-First season.

BillW
05-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I have Seabuscuit and just bought Return of the King. That is my entire collection. Great Memorial Day weekend to watch both.
Now, got to find Survivor-First season.

If you're into videos of concerts, the digital audio (Dolby 5.1) makes a big difference.