PDA

View Full Version : Tonalist looks like a good bet in MET MILE

DeltaLover
06-06-2015, 03:43 PM
In this year's MET MILE, Tonalist seems like a cinch.

Private Zone will take the lead something that will hurt the chances of Bayern, will both will have a hard time as they will approach the sixteen pole.

The closers that I am concerned are Honour Code and Tonalist.

I have HC's best race (in GP) in the same exact level as Ready for Rye's who ran the same day and failed today.. This is enough for me to focus on Tonalist, who is exiting a spectacular race and seems to own Belmont.. I think he is a very good bet at anything above 2-1...

Kash$
06-06-2015, 04:09 PM
Im in on Honor Code

Some_One
06-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Im in on Honor Code

Same here, with PZ on top of WS & KB in the exotics

Plus maybe a show lay on Bayern depending on what he settles at on BF.

JustRalph
06-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Like the :1:

Speed Figure
06-06-2015, 04:26 PM
A box of the top 5 looks best!

Tom
06-06-2015, 04:47 PM
:4: :6: :9:

But I would throw :8: Pants on fire in the mix here.
I have a saver on him.

depalma113
06-06-2015, 04:47 PM
:9: :7: :4:

Tee
06-06-2015, 04:49 PM
:6: Wicked Strong - also intersted in how :5: Tamarkuz runs.

depalma113
06-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Faster than Ghostzapper!

JustRalph
06-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Pedroza just ruined Private Zone for the future. He was barely able to stand as he crossed the finish

Weaving like a drunk on New Years eve

Some_One
06-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Faster than Ghostzapper!

To be fair I think Zapper was hand ridden and held back the last quarter mile.

Kash$
06-06-2015, 04:57 PM
How was he 7/1 and Bayern 7/2

Some_One
06-06-2015, 05:00 PM
How was he 7/1 and Bayern 7/2

Bayern and others had better speed figures (at least on Bris)

ArlJim78
06-06-2015, 05:07 PM
What an exciting race.

Kash$
06-06-2015, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=Some_One]Bayern and others had better speed figures (at least on Bris)[/QUOTE

Put the fork in Bayern..Missed training due to injury just isnt the same horse

Some_One
06-06-2015, 05:22 PM
He just needs an easy lead and he isn't getting that in a one turn G1 mile race. Really I would try turf with him, he'll get the easy lead.

cj
06-06-2015, 05:27 PM
He just needs an easy lead and he isn't getting that in a one turn G1 mile race. Really I would try turf with him, he'll get the easy lead.

Doubt that would enhance his value much after winning the BC Classic, but it could open his options a little. I'd try two turn dirt races first, he'll get the lead in those as well.

Ocala Mike
06-06-2015, 10:34 PM
All day long listening (AND IGNORING) this from my "expert" handicrapping buds -

"A mile is too short for Honor Code."

Man, Shug had him WIRED today. When I heard the fractions, I knew it was going to be collection time! Awesome performance, last to first.

Robert Fischer
06-13-2015, 08:27 PM
Really a nice performance by Honor Code.

He had a dream trip, considering that he sat off the hot pace, but he sure looked great doing it.

RacingFan1992
06-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Really a nice performance by Honor Code.

He had a dream trip, considering that he sat off the hot pace, but he sure looked great doing it.

"And here comes Forego gaining ground on the far outside". Honor Code is not in the same league as Forego but he has a running style just like him. That was a beautiful performance by HC. I knew he was going to be something special even though most people discounted him. Good Job Honor Code. Good Luck in the Whitney and Breeders' Cup Classic.

chadk66
06-14-2015, 09:40 AM
I feel the last thing anybody wants to do is bet against Shug at Belmont in a big race. Shug is an amazing trainer I think. Very under rated.

classhandicapper
06-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Bayern is an interesting case study.

I argued strongly all last year that I had never seen a horse accomplish so much partly because of a series of bias aided and soft pace aided trips. I was hoping he would come back strong just to demonstrate that he was a good horse, but nearly as good as some people thought.

Now I'm not sure what to think.

By sending him to the Met Mile instead of the Stephen Foster, Baffert was expressing confidence that the horse was doing very well. The Met was clearly the tougher spot.

Given his performance there, either Baffert was wrong or this horse is even more dependent on soft leads, golden rails, speed biases etc... than I thought.

Grits
06-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Bayern is an interesting case study.

I argued strongly all last year that I had never seen a horse accomplish so much partly because of a series of bias aided and soft pace aided trips. I was hoping he would come back strong just to demonstrate that he was a good horse, but nearly as good as some people thought.

Now I'm not sure what to think.

When he's been beaten by 12 lengths in his first race back, and beaten by 28 lengths last Saturday in the Met? Last in both races.

Remember when everyone said Rachel was not the same horse at 4 years old? Maybe Bayern isn't either. Maybe the Classic winner needs softer spots, for now. (Though, this wouldn't be a good thing.)

You're honest and you're fair.. for even bringing the horse up, acknowledging your thoughts today, given many felt the horse was the "second coming". Your observations are not attached to a stance, demanded and carried over, from last year. .... Maybe his 3 year old form will return.