PDA

View Full Version : NYRA commercial

dirty moose
06-06-2015, 01:38 PM
They are playing this commercial in between races tooting their own horn about this 3 day racing festival.

Chris Kay goes on to say that they are giving trophies away to the 1st 2nd and 3rd places owners, because "the owners are the life blood of the sport."

Does that bother anyone else or am I too sensitive? Just feels like a slap in the face.

Moose

edit: I'm not really one for politics, but that just feel like a slap in the face to bettors. I don't think he mentioned the fans anywhere in that commercial

elhelmete
06-06-2015, 01:42 PM
They give bronze medals in the olympics...

dirty moose
06-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Sorry, I meant for the bettors. The bettors are the life blood is what I was getting at. They can give medals to everyone for all we care.

Saratoga_Mike
06-06-2015, 02:20 PM
“Thoroughbred racing is an important part of the lives of so many—including the hundreds of thousands of fans who have loyally supported us through the years. I will work hard to earn their trust and respect as we embark upon an extremely important chapter of NYRA’s history." -Chris Kay

dirty moose
06-06-2015, 02:34 PM
I must have selective hearing.

Tom
06-06-2015, 02:56 PM
A free cup of beer is out of the question?

Rise Over Run
06-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Another Nattering Naybob of NYRA Negativity. It just doesn't end with some if these guys.....

dirty moose
06-06-2015, 08:20 PM
I've been called a lot of things.... Nattering Naybob is a new one. (Thank you urban dictionary)

dirty moose
06-06-2015, 08:21 PM
And why shouldn't the bettors be entitled to a lot?

Saratoga_Mike
06-06-2015, 08:57 PM
You're being overly sensitive. It's okay for NYRA to thank owners - I'm sure they'd like fuller fields for the entire BEL meet. What's the harm? Most of Kay's comments over time have focused on the customers' experience.

dirty moose
06-06-2015, 09:40 PM
You're being overly sensitive. It's okay for NYRA to thank owners - I'm sure they'd like fuller fields for the entire BEL meet. What's the harm? Most of Kay's comments over time have focused on the customers' experience.

You're right Mike. I will agree with you. Commercial just caught me off guard. We should be used to getting the shaft by now.

Saratoga_Mike
06-06-2015, 09:43 PM
You're right Mike. I will agree with you. Commercial just caught me off guard. We should be used to getting the shaft by now.

You really viewed that commercial as the shaft? If he said in the commercial "bettors are degenerates (ala Jeff Mullins a few yrs back)," I'd understand. He was trying to drum up biz and get more horses at NYRA tracks.

dirty moose
06-06-2015, 09:52 PM
No Mike, I overreacted a bit.

Saratoga_Mike
06-06-2015, 09:59 PM
No Mike, I overreacted a bit.

Wait, no one is allowed to admit they made even a minor mistake on here!

In all seriousness, he should run a commercial thanking bettors on a Wednesday afternoon - those are the lifeblood of the biz, not the majority in attendance today.