PDA

View Full Version : Mike Francesa critical of Kay

Kash$
06-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Francesa doesnt understand why Kay would inform the fans attending the Belmont there will be a 2 hour wait for the train after the last race.

Tom
06-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Who is Mike Francesa and why does he oppose honesty and showing respect for your customers?

Did he play football without a helmet?
Sounds like a real jerk to me.

OTM Al
06-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Who is Mike Francesa and why does he oppose honesty and showing respect for your customers?

Did he play football without a helmet?
Sounds like a real jerk to me.
Self absorbed self important sports radio fixture in NYC. He does like racing though.

Kash$
06-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Self absorbed self important sports radio fixture in NYC. He does like racing though.

Owns a 2 year colt named Jordi Nelson with a Green Bay fan

Jordy (KY)

DK B/, C, foaled March 7, 2013

( Arch - Ranter, by Storm Cat)

nads1420
06-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Michael Kay sucks

Kash$
06-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Michael Kay sucks

It was Christopher Kay

OTM Al
06-04-2015, 08:04 PM
It was Christopher Kay
Yeah, I was a little confused there too.

nads1420
06-04-2015, 08:05 PM
It was Christopher Kay

oh... whoever that is... Michael Kay still sucks however :)

dirty moose
06-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Francesa is the worst sports talk radio guy in NY. But he's being doing it for 25 years, he used to have a partner and it was a MUCH better show. Now it's just him talking and getting annoyed at every other caller that calls his show. Pretty much un-listenable. But because he's being doing it forever, he does get great guests. Still IMO he's the pits. Michale Kay show much better.

FantasticDan
06-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Francesa is the worst sports talk radio guy in NY. But he's being doing it for 25 years, he used to have a partner and it was a MUCH better show. Now it's just him talking and getting annoyed at every other caller that calls his show. Pretty much un-listenable.Totally agree. Mike and the Mad Dog was often entertaining. Mike on his own, especially over the last couple yrs, has been a complete bore who truly acts like he has no interest in being there. The simulcast debacle with Fox Sports has made him even more miserable.. :ThmbDown:

OTM Al
06-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Totally agree. Mike and the Mad Dog was often entertaining. Mike on his own, especially over the last couple yrs, has been a complete bore who truly acts like he has no interest in being there. The simulcast debacle with Fox Sports has made him even more miserable.. :ThmbDown:
I was pretty sure Chris Russo never had seen most of the sports he talked about. He just yelled a lot.

onefast99
06-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Francesa is the worst sports talk radio guy in NY. But he's being doing it for 25 years, he used to have a partner and it was a MUCH better show. Now it's just him talking and getting annoyed at every other caller that calls his show. Pretty much un-listenable. But because he's being doing it forever, he does get great guests. Still IMO he's the pits. Michale Kay show much better.
He is better without Russo by his side. I see him every summer at Saratoga he is a huge race fan and has Brad Thomas as well as trainers, jockeys and owners on his show a lot. Very good when he is on, but recently he got a bit crabby I'm sure retirement is right around the corner.

Secondbest
06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Baffert is supposed to be on at 3 Zayat at 4 today. Also bailey at some time and Brad Thomas. He's doing his show from Belmont today.

Canarsie
06-06-2015, 10:25 AM
He is better without Russo by his side. I see him every summer at Saratoga he is a huge race fan and has Brad Thomas as well as trainers, jockeys and owners on his show a lot. Very good when he is on, but recently he got a bit crabby I'm sure retirement is right around the corner.

He is crabby but at least he probably watches the games he is talking about. The other guy is a baseball announcer who proudly says he watches every Yankee game whether he announces it or not. The chances of him watching other sports when baseball is on is slim. Who would you rather talk or listen a guy who fakes it or a crab?

My friend is an avid listener and he says Francesa always has Brad Thomas on before all the major races that are televised.

He used to and still might own a broodmare or two. Think he was partners with Parcells but wouldn't bet the bank on it.

Run Nicholas Run
06-06-2015, 02:48 PM
WOW , that POS is still on the air back there.
Rather listen to the national shows( DAN PATRICK, and JAY MOHR is the Best) than windbag francessa,
and russo carried that show in the early 90's and was
more entertaining alone, although Jody Mac was better than both.

Redbullsnation
06-06-2015, 06:35 PM
I enjoy me some Mike Francesa. Hes a lot better than Michael kay. The only thing Michael Kay does well is announce baseball games. Everything else, not so much :D

Tom
06-06-2015, 07:00 PM
With a Triple Crown Winner on the grounds, I would not be in any hurry to leave today. This is party time.