PDA

View Full Version : Horseplayer Monthly Mag- Belmont issue free

DeanT
06-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi Folks,

It's here and free to download. http://horseplayersassociation.org/hanamonthly.html

Some quips from this month's articles:

" If you go five deep in all four legs of a 50 cent pick 4, you will on average hit it more than half the time, but you won’t recoup your $312.50 ticket cost because the average payoffs won’t be enough to make you any money"

"Frosted is the only runner with lineage on both the sire and dam side with proven distance ability at the Belmont Stakes distance of a mile and a half"

"Any reporter who knew about the colic and didn’t report it, I’d say dropped the ball and let the game and the players down

"I realize that NYRA is taking some serious flak for capping attendance - they should be squeezing every last dollar out of the event, so people tell me. To them it’s clearly much more than that. They are being driven to create a better customer experience on Belmont Day so fans can come back in non -Triple Crown years."

"Business was good at the drugstore but not that good. Doc needed a supplementary source of income to support these expenditures. Enter Hall-of-Fame trainer "Sunny" Jim Fitzsimmons"

"The bettor flattened the owner, shoved his tickets in the guy’s mouth and by the time security got there nobody saw NUTTIN..."

Thanks for reading and sharing it everyone. Appreciated.

Charli125
06-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Good info from Timeform at the end. Funny that I mostly play tracks high on the average mutuel scale and low on the winning percentage of favorite scale. Value baby!

cutchemist42
06-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Great stuff as always!!

DeanT
06-05-2015, 01:35 PM
I had nothing to do with this one, but I must say I am digging Vin Rogers. I didn't grow up in NY racing, nor was I around back when Vin was cutting his teeth at the track. I really enjoy those stories.

Bob Marks' story is similar (the one about Roosevelt).

I'm a history buff, generally, and like hearing stories. Add betting and the track, and well, I'm sold.

Vin has been a great addition to the mag.

Tom
06-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Good stuff on a professional level, as usual.
You guys are a bright spot in this game.

highnote
06-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Not bad for a bunch of idealistic horseplayers who were never expected to be able to pull this off. You've outrun your odds. ;)

Good stuff!