PDA

View Full Version : Met Mile

Cholly
06-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Where's the love for this race? About a zillion posts on The Belmont, but squawck zippo for a race that features Bayern, Tonalist, Private Zone, Honor Code,Wicked Strong, & Pants On Fire. Nothing in the sports media either that I've seen.

I know the handle gets driven upwards, and the race does get more exposure being part of the Belmont Stakes undercard...but the move sure has turned what is annually one of the country's greatest races into a bridesmaid.

ILovetheInner
06-04-2015, 01:26 PM
That is such a sensational field. I have decided to just watch it with no investment. The BC can't pull off a field of that magnitude, not at least with so many coming in in primed position. So exciting!

BlueChip@DRF
06-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Bay of Plenty. Probably not, but will swing anyway.

PhantomOnTour
06-04-2015, 01:38 PM
May take a shot with a runner I've never been a fan of...Kobes Back

Comes in off a solid effort that puts him in this company, ran down a mediocre pace in that race, brief freshening with many works, price and pace look right.

andtheyreoff
06-04-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm using Private Zone, Tonalist, and Honor Code in the pick 4.

Bayern has zero chance. He's never won without a clear lead, and he's not getting that in the Met Mile.

PICSIX
06-04-2015, 03:46 PM

Bayern has zero chance. He's never won without a clear lead, and he's not getting that in the Met Mile.

If all the speed stays in, Tonalist will be ultra tough to beat :ThmbUp:

Cholly
06-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Bayern has zero chance.

I think you have may just slightly underestimated Bayern's chances, but it's good to hear somebody getting emotional about this truly great race.

I mean, come on--this is a collection of REAL race horses, not the one with Snow White and the 7 dwarves that are going to be running later in the card.

BlueChip@DRF
06-04-2015, 05:49 PM
I think you have may just slightly underestimated Bayern's chances, but it's good to hear somebody getting emotional about this truly great race.

I mean, come on--this is a collection of REAL race horses, not the one with Snow White and the 7 dwarves that are going to be running later in the card.

Yeah, Frosted does have kind of a white patch on his forehead.

OTM Al
06-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Tamarkuz on vitamin L. In the exacta with Tonalist but have to use Bayern just a little.

EMD4ME
06-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Frosted does have kind of a white patch on his forehead.

I agree, Frosted does resemble her. I wish Tom Durkin was still calling. Would love to hear "AND as they arrive at the top of the stretch, Frosted takes command with devastating ease!!! American Pharoah is Tooooiiiilllinng."

Lemon Drop Husker
06-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Honor Code/Wicked Strong/Tonalist/Tamarkuz

Ridiculously tough and loaded field.

La billos
06-05-2015, 12:06 AM
I've bet Private Zone on the nose pretty much every race for the last 2 years, but not too sure if I can take him again this Saturday since I also think 2 turns isn't what he loves.

Watched Tonalist's last race and he just didn't look that convincing in the victory(Broke slow, soft field, and he just didn't look right. Not to mention Rosario is off him)so I'll be leaving him out.

That being said I'd probably take Zone, Tamarkuz and Pants on Fire in verticals

BlueChip@DRF
06-05-2015, 06:11 AM
I've bet Private Zone on the nose pretty much every race for the last 2 years, but not too sure if I can take him again this Saturday since I also think 2 turns isn't what he loves.

Watched Tonalist's last race and he just didn't look that convincing in the victory(Broke slow, soft field, and he just didn't look right. Not to mention Rosario is off him)so I'll be leaving him out.

The Met Mile is a one-turn race.

dirty moose
06-05-2015, 07:19 AM
Will NBC be airing this race?

philofbelloni
06-05-2015, 08:07 AM

He did not have a clear lead in the Woody Stephens last year. Dueled early w/Pure Sensation. I'm using him due to the fact he's won every race following a clunker. Also, he's won at Belmont.

I was excited when I first saw Kobe's Back in this field but I can't see him outrunning Tonalist who has the horse-for-course angle locked down in this race.

My P4 will be pretty chalky w/PZ, Bayern, Tonalist & Tamarkuz.

rastajenk
06-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Will NBC be airing this race?
Looks like it comes on at 4:30, so with a 4:49 post, it should.

La billos
06-05-2015, 09:04 AM
The Met Mile is a one-turn race.

My bad, either way I think Private Zone is best is 6-7F races

BlueChip@DRF
06-05-2015, 09:44 AM
My bad, either way I think Private Zone is best is 6-7F races

If he is dominant at 7F, he should be a good bet at 1M.

jettroofer
06-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Don't forget, Shared Belief and Palice malice would be in this race if they weren't hurt. Definitely better than a classic at that point.

Secondbest
06-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Anybody have any thoughts onThe foreign horse? 4 for 4 in dubai at a mile.great trainer with shippers.

onefast99
06-05-2015, 03:18 PM

Pants on fire vs this group not a chance.

Lemon Drop Husker
06-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Anybody have any thoughts onThe foreign horse? 4 for 4 in dubai at a mile.great trainer with shippers.

His numbers transfer over pretty well and his Sheets numbers are respectable.

He has won a number of races by daylight, and I can definitely see him being a part of this one and maybe even pull off the upset. Keep in mind he has American breeding with Speightstown on the sire side and Lemon Drop Kid on the dam side. Pulls in the best jockey at the track and one of the best trainers as well. Has been here a while and working well along with first time lasix.

That's my 2 cents.

Secondbest
06-05-2015, 04:01 PM
His numbers transfer over pretty well and his Sheets numbers are respectable.

He has won a number of races by daylight, and I can definitely see him being a part of this one and maybe even pull off the upset. Keep in mind he has American breeding with Speightstown on the sire side and Lemon Drop Kid on the dam side. Pulls in the best jockey at the track and one of the best trainers as well. Has been here a while and working well along with first time lasix.

That's my 2 cents.
Thanks