PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Park Pace Numbers for Thursday, June 4th

ChristianBlake
06-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Gulfstream Park Pace Numbers and Turf Report for Thursday, June 4th, 2015

Hi guys and gals. I've been on a road trip the past few weeks, getting input from players in vegas, tahoe, and southern CA.

The pace numbers sheet has improved:

1) You can see whether or not the race is on dirt, synthetic, or turf.
2) "Layoff" has been changed to actual days since last race. Now YOU can make the call if the layoff is significant or not.
3) Each race distance and surface is displayed.

Other than those changes, the pace numbers are the same.

New -----> Turf Report <----- NEW

I'll be honest here, I've never been interested in pedigree other than occasional turf recommendations by friends. I trust numbers, plain and simple. However, a friend of mine lives and dies by turf sires, and based on his devout faith in turf pedigree for first time starters and horses returning to grass, I decided to produce a turf sire report for turf races.

Keep in mind this is a new idea....so any input would be appreciated. And, if you spot any obvious errors, let me know.

The turf report shows sire and dam sire turf rankings based on 2014 earnings. It's not complicated, but it shows when there are first time starters in a turf race that have proven turf pedigree. Knowing when a highly ranked turf pedigree is a first time starter on grass can be very profitable (just occurred on Sunday at Belmont with Draft Day by Kitten's Joy/Candy Ride....FTS on turf paid $22 and won easily, wire to wire).

Other than first time starters on grass, there are horses returning to a turf race that have been racing on dirt/synthetic. This is also important to know because there is a good chance you can safely disregard the previous races on non-turf surfaces. Example: a turf horse has raced 5 consecutive times on dirt and gave dismal performances each time. Now it's racing on Turf, and it has a very respectable turf pedigree. While you might not play a straight win bet on this horse, you should seriously consider it for your exotics.

Click here to view the Pace Numbers and Turf Report for Gulfstream on Thursday, June 4th (http://howtopicklongshots.com/blog/2015/06/03/gulfstream-park-pace-numbers-turf-report-thursday-june-6th-2015/)

Any and all input would be appreciated. Good luck!