PDA

View Full Version : Breeding pigeons? Not if you are a muslim.

DJofSD
06-02-2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3107027/ISIS-bans-pigeon-breeding-punishable-public-flogging-seeing-birds-genitals-overhead-offends-Islam.html

Senior clerics fighting for the Islamic State in Syria and Iraq have issued a diktat banning pigeon breeding as they claim the sight of the birds' genitals as they fly overhead is offensive to Islam.

Wow.

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2015, 04:14 PM
So when an ex says "You're hung like a pigeon," one should take that as a compliment?!?!?!? :lol:

Tom
06-02-2015, 04:18 PM
I can kind of relate....there is something else about a pigeon that is visible when flying over that is very offensive to ME, too. Especially if I see it too late! :mad:

TJDave
06-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Likely story. Probably tired of getting shat on. ;)

But it's not against any religion
To want to dispose of a pigeon
Tom Lehrer

Steve 'StatMan'
06-02-2015, 09:04 PM
I have never ever thought about looking at a bird's genitals. Never ever noticed them once while walking around Chicago for over 30 years. Sure, pideons must have genetallia, but one doesn't need to notice or care. What does this tell us about people who go out of their way to notice and then complain about bird genitalia? More than bird brained to me.

highnote
06-02-2015, 10:01 PM
It's about power and control over your subjects. This sort of micromanaging is caused by extreme insecurity. The person issuing this order knows he cannot control external factors so he tries to control little things through micromanagement so that at least he feels like he has some control.

I have seen this happen hundreds of times -- even at the highest levels of corporate America. A big executive tells people to clean up the work area before a big showcase event, even though no one except the workers will see or use the area. The big executive is nervous about the big showcase. He can't control the outcome of the event -- the outcome is now in the hands of the people who did the actual work -- but the executive feels like he has some control if he can get people to do some mundane task that has no bearing on the big event.

I just shake my head and let it pass. The event goes on without a hitch. The big executive is happy. Next time the executive is more relaxed and the work area is a mess before the event.

davew
06-03-2015, 01:21 AM
I have never ever thought about looking at a bird's genitals. Never ever noticed them once while walking around Chicago for over 30 years. Sure, pideons must have genetallia, but one doesn't need to notice or care. What does this tell us about people who go out of their way to notice and then complain about bird genitalia? More than bird brained to me.

You can only see them by cutting them open. The people that complain about seeing them are delusional....

highnote
06-03-2015, 02:54 AM
I have never ever thought about looking at a bird's genitals.

Me neither! :D