PDA

View Full Version : The "new posts" option disappeared from my menu line

DeltaLover
06-02-2015, 11:57 AM
After having some trouble accessing the site, I can see that the "New Posts" menu option the appears on the menu line has disappeared.. If there a setting that I need to change from my configuration or it was done intentionally?

(I could not find a suitable forum to post this topic, so I have posted here)

BlueChip@DRF
06-02-2015, 12:06 PM
After having some trouble accessing the site, I can see that the "New Posts" menu option the appears on the menu line has disappeared.. If there a setting that I need to change from my configuration or it was done intentionally?

(I could not find a suitable forum to post this topic, so I have posted here)

I think the admin disabled "new posts"

Clocker
06-02-2015, 12:10 PM
"Search" also appears to be missing in action.

barn32
06-02-2015, 12:14 PM
"Search" also appears to be missing in action.New posts is back.

Tom
06-02-2015, 12:15 PM
So is Search.

DeltaLover
06-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Now is OK again

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Wow you guys are quick...lol

I had to disable search temporarily as I was doing some server intensive stuff that was bogging down the entire site.

I really need to find the time to sit down and upgrade all this software...it's so long in the tooth...I keep saying this every year...hopefully, this year will be the year.

senortout
06-02-2015, 12:30 PM
very strange, noted problems, couldn't even login, went and changed my password, login was refused(too many attempts) for 15 min. it said. Waited two min., not 15 and boom, logged back in using new password as noted above, all was normal again.....why not post if you are making some adjustments, before making them, so users can see its not(PROBLEM) at their end?

Just a friendly suggestion. Appreciate all you've done here!
senortout

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2015, 12:36 PM
The problems you had don't sound like they aren't related to what I was doing. Like I said, when I was doing my work, the site became completely unresponsive (which I did not expect, thus I did not warn everyone).

So I'm not sure how you were even able to get a login page or were able to change your password during this time, let alone log on incorrectly more than the allotted amount of times...like I said, the site crashed and was completely unresponsive...

But, I apologize for the inconvenience nonetheless...

DeltaLover
06-02-2015, 12:40 PM
Wow you guys are quick...lol

I had to disable search temporarily as I was doing some server intensive stuff that was bogging down the entire site.

I really need to find the time to sit down and upgrade all this software...it's so long in the tooth...I keep saying this every year...hopefully, this year will be the year.

We are here to help if needed!

Greyfox
06-02-2015, 12:41 PM
So I'm not sure how you were even able to get a login page or were able to change your password during this time, let alone log on incorrectly more than the allotted amount of times...like I said, the site crashed and was completely unresponsive...

But, I apologize for the inconvenience nonetheless...

The site was down for awhile, but when it came back up the "Search function" and "Today's Posts" and "New Posts" were missing for several minutes.
The site was not unresponsive.
I gained access to posts via the Forum Index.
It's quite possible that poster did log on and change his password even though the site was partially down.

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2015, 12:46 PM
The site was fine after it came back up without the search, new posts and today's posts functions, other than those three options missing, which was by design to lessen the load on the server.

What I'm talking about was before that...it was completely unresponsive for a good 15-20 minutes...

It would have been a miracle if anyone could accomplish anything during the down time.

Greyfox
06-02-2015, 12:48 PM
What I'm talking about was before that...it was completely unresponsive for a good 15-20 minutes...

It would have been a miracle if anyone could accomplish anything during the down time.

Yes, even google and firefox weren't bringing it up while it was down.

barn32
06-02-2015, 03:48 PM
I really need to find the time to sit down and upgrade all this software...it's so long in the tooth...Hey that would be great! Would that include the ability to post screen shots that don't take up an acre and a half, and make you have to scroll all the way to Albuquerque to read a post, and can default to a reasonable size? :ThmbUp::jump::eek:

PaceAdvantage
06-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Hey that would be great! Would that include the ability to post screen shots that don't take up an acre and a half, and make you have to scroll all the way to Albuquerque to read a post, and can default to a reasonable size? :ThmbUp::jump::eek:Most definitely

JustRalph
06-02-2015, 04:36 PM
If you're going to upgrade, Twitter and facebook linking would be nice

whodoyoulike
06-02-2015, 04:41 PM
If you're going to upgrade, Twitter and facebook linking would be nice

What does this mean?

JustRalph
06-02-2015, 06:14 PM
What does this mean?

There are different options for linking users accounts to Facebook and Twitter.

Keeping it simple, posts on this board could be tweeted, posted to Facebook (not the whole posts, but teasers like) or tweets could be easily included in posts.