PDA

View Full Version : Muslim woman claims discrimination on United flight

RunForTheRoses
05-31-2015, 08:25 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/30/us/united-flight-muslim-chaplain/index.html

"I have not received a written sincere apology for the pain and hurt I experienced as a result of the discrimination and hateful words towards me," she wrote. "This is not about a can of soda"

horses4courses
05-31-2015, 08:39 PM
If that isn't an example of racism, I don't know what is.
Seems United are taking note.

United spokesman Charles Hobart said a flight attendant had tried several times to accommodate Ahmad's beverage request but that there was a "misunderstanding."

Hobart did not elaborate on the so-called misunderstanding but said United officials spoke to the chaplain Saturday afternoon to "get a better understanding" of what happened and to apologize for "for not delivering the service our customers expect when traveling with us."

cj's dad
05-31-2015, 09:08 PM
Why should I care- go back to Syria, Lebanon, the UAR, Saudi or wherever the hell you came from and see how those countries handle people of differing cultures.

davew
05-31-2015, 09:17 PM
Why should I care- go back to Syria, Lebanon, the UAR, Saudi or wherever the hell you came from and see how those countries handle people of differing cultures.

ouch, are you a musliphobe? she could have been born in Baltimore...

edit to add it is convenient for minorities to claim discrimination whenever they do not get what they want. I am going to start bitching too as a white male conservative, who is in a persecuted minority...

mostpost
05-31-2015, 09:58 PM
ouch, are you a musliphobe? she could have been born in Baltimore...

edit to add it is convenient for minorities to claim discrimination whenever they do not get what they want. I am going to start bitching too as a white male conservative, who is in a persecuted minority...
Is he a musliphobe? You seriously have to ask? He was probably the guy screaming at Ms. Ahmed from across the aisle.

She wasn't born in Baltimore. She was born in India and grew up in Morton Grove, Illinois, which is not to far from Northwestern University where she works as a Muslim chaplain.

tucker6
05-31-2015, 10:50 PM
not getting into the discrimination assertion, but it appears she was trying to pick a fight to promote a cause. If she really is a premier flier, she knows that most airlines like United no longer give out free cans of soda, so to be declined on such a request is no big deal and happens thousands of times per day. She certainly knows the can is clean even though open. That was a rolleyes comment right there from her. She should also know that the guy got the can of beer because he paid for the whole can. Again, happens all day long and she knows this as a premier flier. So knowing that she is not on the up and up with her story, I would choose to question every other motivation she has with regard to this episode.

TJDave
06-01-2015, 12:25 AM
not getting into the discrimination assertion, but it appears she was trying to pick a fight to promote a cause. If she really is a premier flier, she knows that most airlines like United no longer give out free cans of soda, so to be declined on such a request is no big deal and happens thousands of times per day. She certainly knows the can is clean even though open. That was a rolleyes comment right there from her. She should also know that the guy got the can of beer because he paid for the whole can. Again, happens all day long and she knows this as a premier flier. So knowing that she is not on the up and up with her story, I would choose to question every other motivation she has with regard to this episode.

Agree.

Hoofless_Wonder
06-01-2015, 03:01 AM
"This time I was being treated as a threat to everyone around me 30,000 feet above the ground and being told that I could use a can of Diet Coke as a weapon," she said. "And no one said anything."

Apparently she's never seen the movie "Bad Boys" with Sean Penn.....

Inner Dirt
06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
How anyone could make a big deal out of not getting an unopened can of soda is beyond me. Also claiming a guy said to her "You Muslim, you need to shut the f*** up," she said. I really think is made up or inaccurate. Anyone who would use harsh language like that would probably use something other than Muslim to describe her.

Tom
06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
What did she think, Clarence Thomas was opening the cans? :eek:

horses4courses
06-01-2015, 11:50 AM
What did she think, Clarence Thomas was opening the cans? :eek:

Talk about a setup line! :lol:
I'm not going to touch that one.........

Inner Dirt
06-01-2015, 12:13 PM
The more I think about it the more it seems like a set-up. By the time that soda is consumed it has probably been handled quite a few times, a stray dog could have been licking it's ass then the top of the cans as a truck was unloading cases of sodas at the airport. Someone opening that can of soda isn't going to make it any more germy than is was. She just wanted to make a scene and did, then of course the liberal media ran with it, they love stories of supposed racism perpetrated by white people.

horses4courses
06-01-2015, 12:32 PM
they love stories of supposed racism perpetrated by white people.

Be nice for everyone if it was a little harder to find them :rolleyes:

woodtoo
06-01-2015, 12:51 PM

She's perpetually aggrieved, and this is not her first rodeo.

This is not racism, she's just a dork and would have complained if the can

wasn't opened. Its her higher calling. :bang:

Inner Dirt
06-01-2015, 01:56 PM

I said supposed, I think this case had nothing to do with racism. I don't usually order canned beverages but when I did I recall the server even if it was at a beer stand in the infield at Hollywood Park or an airplane open it before handing it to me. Any bartenders here want to chime in? I think it is a courtesy or on a plane a stupid regulation by TSA.

People of color, minorities, or whatever you call them are just as racist and bigoted on average as white people of European decent. The reason your average liberal thinks otherwise is because of how bigotry and racism is portrayed in the media as 99% perpetrated by white heterosexuals.

Of course any bigotry or racism perpetrated by a minority is explained away by liberals as something else. Would a lesbian who only wanted to hang out with large gatherings of homosexuals and patronize gay run businesses be considered a bigot? (They do exist, heard of many through a lesbian couple I played the horses with). She is a bigot who doesn't like straight people, but a typical liberal would not call her such.

Saratoga_Mike
06-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Is he a musliphobe? You seriously have to ask? He was probably the guy screaming at Ms. Ahmed from across the aisle.

She wasn't born in Baltimore. She was born in India and grew up in Morton Grove, Illinois, which is not to far from Northwestern University where she works as a Muslim chaplain.

You're right on this one.

woodtoo
06-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Ahmad was recognized by the Obama White House as leading
" muslim female in the United States"

She also hangs with the muslim brotherhood and other radical muslim groups.
That said, not surprised at all.

Maybe she'll be invited to an uncola conference at the Rose Garden, stupid flight attendant. :rolleyes: