PDA

View Full Version : Question For Dick Schmidt

Richard
05-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Dick,
Do you still have copies of PACE MAKES THE RACE available?If so,you just might get some business on the VDCMessengerService at the Yahoo Groups site .That title keeps coming up in the thread for good books concerning the Sartin Methodology.Just thought I'd let you know (heck,you probably know already).
Richard

Dick Schmidt
05-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Ya, I still got 'um. I sell them to PA and other online folks of $10 shipped. I've never heard of the group you mention, though I did join another Yahoo group that turned out to be run by a guy selling his own version of Doc's last program. If anyone is interested:

Dick Schmidt
1215 Alma St
Glendale, CA 91202

"No wife can endure a gambling husband, unless he is a steady winner." ~Thomas Robert Dewar

socantra
05-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Dick Schmidt
I did join another Yahoo group that turned out to be run by a guy selling his own version of Doc's last program.

Well, not exactly.

The yahoo group you are referring to is SartinAlums, which is a discussion group run by a man named Dylan Alliata, a longtime Sartin Client. He appears to have no connection to the program mentioned, other than saying nice things about it.

The program referred to is written, and sold by Guy Wadsworth, who was Doc's programmer for at least the Synthesis and Validator series.

The program was first mentioned in the group, by Peter Tolan, the screenwriter, who was another long term Sartin client.

Socantra...

First_Place
05-29-2004, 06:56 AM
"Ya, I still got 'um. I sell them to PA and other online folks of $10 shipped. "

Dick:

Hello. Do your copies include chapters by Doc and Pizzolla? If not, any reason for the deletions, i.e. info no longer relevant; or does it have something to do with a lawsuit?

Either way, it's a bargain. When you say that you sell 'em for "$10 shipped" I understand that to mean S & H included, right?

Let me know. Thanks.

FP

Dick Schmidt
05-29-2004, 05:36 PM
"Hello. Do your copies include chapters by Doc and Pizzolla? If not, any reason for the deletions, i.e. info no longer relevant; or does it have something to do with a lawsuit?"

No, this is the second edition, which Tom Hambleton and I did. Michael's contribution to the original book were a last second addition (the rest of the book was finished before he wrote anything), and we didn't think his stuff really added any functionality to TPR. Michael is an interesting thinker and writer on handicapping, but he never really used or understood TPR.

By the time the second edition was ready, Doc was no longer talking to us. Tom did a lot of work updating and reworking both the TPR numbers and the way they were used, and we included all new examples.

The only lawsuit I know of was when Pizzolla sued Howard, claiming he stole ideas without paying for them. Neither Tom or I was a party to the suit and it had no impact on the book.

"Either way, it's a bargain. When you say that you sell 'em for "$10 shipped" I understand that to mean S & H included, right?"

Ya, you send me ten bucks, I send you a book.

Dick

"German cultural heritage is not that complex, actually. You drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of Sauerkraut and pork, and every fifty years you get the urge to kick the snot out of the French." - Marko Kloos

First_Place
05-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Dick:

Thanks for taking the time to clear things up for me.

"Ya, you send me ten bucks, I send you a book."

Sold! I'll send you a money order for the book on Tuesday when the Post Office re-opens.

Best regards,

FP

foul
05-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Mr. Schmidt: I would also like a copy. Does your offer go to other members of the Forum? Thanks. foul

Dick Schmidt
05-30-2004, 02:48 AM
foul,

Sure, everyone in the pool.

Dick

British soldiers wore red coats so as not to be dispirited by bleeding in combat. Thus the French adopted brown pants.

schweitz
05-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Dick Schmidt

British soldiers wore red coats so as not to be dispirited by bleeding in combat. Thus the French adopted brown pants. [/B]

:D lol