PDA

View Full Version : It's been two full days.

mostpost
05-30-2015, 02:30 PM
And not a word about this on Off Topic General.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/29/politics/dennis-hastert-indictment-questions/
No phony moral outrage. No condemnation of immoral politicians. If this was about Harry Reid instead of Dennis Hastert there would have been ten pages by now.

fast4522
05-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Former politician's long gone you expect to get traction from, you are desperate. :lol:

Clocker
05-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Sadly, there are stories about teachers preying on kids regularly in the media. They are mostly ignored here because they are tragic for the individuals but have no impact on the government or the nation. There is no evidence of any connection between Hastert's alleged perversion and his actions as a politician.

The difference is that Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader was doing to the country what Hastert is alleged to be doing to a kid.

Saratoga_Mike
05-30-2015, 03:00 PM
He was a horrible Speaker. It appears he's a horrible person (if the abuse allegations are correct). What else is there to say?

Saratoga_Mike
05-30-2015, 03:02 PM
Sadly, there are stories about teachers preying on kids regularly in the media. They are mostly ignored here because they are tragic for the individuals but have no impact on the government or the nation. There is no evidence of any connection between Hastert's alleged perversion and his actions as a politician.

The difference is that Harry Reid as Senate Majority Leader was doing to the country what Hastert is alleged to be doing to a kid.

Except one thing: his oversight of the Mark Foley case (former House member who sent explicit emails to male pages). Hastert did not pursue the matter until it was all over the media.

thaskalos
05-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Former politician's long gone you expect to get traction from, you are desperate. :lol:
Bill Clinton is long-gone too, and yet, his in-office sexual exploits still get regular play on this board.

Clocker
05-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Except one thing: his oversight of the Mark Foley case (former House member who sent explicit emails to male pages). Hastert did not pursue the matter until it was all over the media.

Could be a connection. But it could be just as easily attributed to sleazy politics as usual. Plenty of that to go around on both sides of the aisle over the years, usually by the party in charge at the time.

Tom
05-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Bill Clinton is long-gone too, and yet, his in-office sexual exploits still get regular play on this board.

Not long gone - he is actively lying and breaking the law for the front runner of the democrat party.

Pretty relevant. Remember, the potential POTUS he represents also lied about his crimes, so it natural to assume she is either as crooked as he is or dumber than a box of rocks. Right wing conspiracy......come on man, you want a lying bitch like her in charge of the bomb?

Saratoga_Mike
05-30-2015, 03:30 PM
It isn't like Bill Clinton was the head of Foundation, and the Foundation received donations from foreign businesses, and then magically a few months later the State Dept granted favorable rulings to those businesses, at a rate much higher than historical levels for such appeals. Nothing like that. :rolleyes:

thaskalos
05-30-2015, 03:39 PM
Not long gone - he is actively lying and breaking the law for the front runner of the democrat party.

Pretty relevant. Remember, the potential POTUS he represents also lied about his crimes, so it natural to assume she is either as crooked as he is or dumber than a box of rocks. Right wing conspiracy......come on man, you want a lying bitch like her in charge of the bomb?

No, Tom...I don't want her in charge of the bomb. The only problem is though, that I look at all the other candidates of both political parties...and I don't want any of THEM to be in charge of the bomb either. And I doubt that my opinion will change a year from now.

So...what do I do come election time next year? Where are all the great brains of this great country...and why are they staying away from the political scene?

boxcar
05-30-2015, 03:43 PM

If Clinton had quietly faded into the sunset, as the former Speaker did, most people would have gladly forgotten him, and perhaps even admired him for showing a modicum of class and dignity. But instead he has chosen to bask himself in the rays of political spotlights whenever he can to bring himself glory.
Therefore, many still hold him in disdain at which he worked so hard to earn.

Inner Dirt
05-30-2015, 03:50 PM
If Clinton had quietly faded into the sunset, as the former Speaker did, most people would have gladly forgotten him, and perhaps even admired him for showing a modicum of class and dignity. But instead he has chosen to bask himself in the rays of political spotlights whenever he can to bring himself glory.
Therefore, many still hold him in disdain at which he worked so hard to earn.

Well spoken, I agree 100%.

Clocker
05-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Where are all the great brains of this great country...and why are they staying away from the political scene?

Perhaps your question contains the answer?

thaskalos
05-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Perhaps your question contains the answer?
Yes. And then we here at Paceadvantage argue endlessly about which dummy will lead the country next...

zico20
05-30-2015, 06:38 PM
No phony moral outrage. No condemnation of immoral politicians. If this was about Harry Reid instead of Dennis Hastert there would have been ten pages by now.

Hastert is from Illinois. They all get nailed eventually. Most crooked state in the union, by far. Plus the most broke state. Not a good combination.

Tom
05-30-2015, 07:01 PM
Most crooked state?
What about NY? :eek:

thaskalos
05-30-2015, 07:06 PM
Don't fool yourselves. The crooked politicians are widespread.

fast4522
05-30-2015, 07:23 PM

OK, so the rich have extra boner power.

dartman51
05-30-2015, 07:43 PM
No, Tom...I don't want her in charge of the bomb. The only problem is though, that I look at all the other candidates of both political parties...and I don't want any of THEM to be in charge of the bomb either. And I doubt that my opinion will change a year from now.

So...what do I do come election time next year? Where are all the great brains of this great country...and why are they staying away from the political scene?

The problem is, they're too smart to get caught up in the quagmire that is American politics. If you aren't a crook when you get in office, you soon will be. :ThmbUp:

dartman51
05-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Most crooked state?
What about NY? :eek:

Illinois might dispute that one. :D

MutuelClerk
05-30-2015, 08:43 PM
Hypocrites. Pass the toilet paper Mr. Foley. tap tap

ReplayRandall
05-30-2015, 09:07 PM
If Jean Hastert was running for POTUS, then you would have a valid point Thask. However, since Hillary IS running and Jean isn't, then Bill is fair game.......

Pick 'em Charlie
05-31-2015, 08:40 AM

Good observation.

Tom
05-31-2015, 09:46 AM
No, stupid deflection. The two men are hardly at all in similar situations.
Had this come out when the pervert was in office, you can bet that, unlike the lefties here, the righties would have been all over this guy.

But mostie only sees things though political filters.
He has no concern for the victims here, just the political snowball he can through.
Obviously, if any of this is true, Hassert needs to go to prison for a long time, as does ANYONE who knew about it.

Clocker
05-31-2015, 10:28 AM
But mostie only sees things though political filters.
He has no concern for the victims here, just the political snowball he can through.

Hastert may have been as dirty a politician as Dirty Harry, but this story has no relevance to that.

This story alleges that Hastert was a child molester and that he was paying blackmail to keep it quiet. That makes him a pervert, if true, but it doesn't make him an "immoral politician" as claimed in the OP. It just makes him immoral.

TJDave
05-31-2015, 11:49 AM
Obviously, if any of this is true, Hassert needs to go to prison for a long time, as does ANYONE who knew about it.

This happened long ago. Lying to the Feds will likely put him away for a bit. Maybe he'll get Martha Stewart's cell.

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2015, 02:50 PM
Could be a connection. But it could be just as easily attributed to sleazy politics as usual. Plenty of that to go around on both sides of the aisle over the years, usually by the party in charge at the time.

Oh come on - pull the video of his appearance on MTP. And now we know the reason behind his inaction.

davew
05-31-2015, 05:04 PM

all parties as well - there are many names that could be substituted there without surprising many

Robert Goren
05-31-2015, 05:38 PM
There is a Hell of difference between what Hastert is to alleged to have done and what Bill Clinton did. When minors are involved, the story changes. If Hastert did what they say he did, then he is no different than the former Penn St asst. coach. If you can't see that, then you are letting your politics get in the way of your judgment. The question now is whether they can nail for the sexual part or whether they will have to settle on just getting for the cover-up.
For the record, Hastert was a staunch conservative. The American Conservative Union rated him at 88. The liberal Americans for Democratic Action rated him at zero. None of that matters if he did what is alleged except he is an embarrassment for so called Christian conservative groups like the Christian Coalition who backed him and rated him at 100.

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2015, 05:43 PM
There is a Hell of difference between what Hastert is to alleged to have done and what Bill Clinton did. When minors are involved, the story changes. If Hastert did what they say he did, then he is no different than the former Penn St asst. coach. If you can't see that, then you are letting your politics get in the way of your judgment. .

I want to apologize for all the Reps/conservatives in this thread who equated Bill Clinton's illicit affair with Hastert's alleged sexual abuse of a student....only problem is NO ONE equated the two. You have a vivid imagination. Of course the Hastert allegations are worse, but keep imagining posts exists that don't.

Tom
05-31-2015, 06:42 PM
If you can't see that, then you are letting your politics get in the way of your judgment. .

Apparently, you and the OP are the ones who are letting politics in the way.

Hoofless_Wonder
05-31-2015, 06:48 PM
There is a Hell of difference between what Hastert is to alleged to have done and what Bill Clinton did. When minors are involved, the story changes...

Ummm, rape is rape, is it not? And even though Monica may not have been a minor, she was still a wide-eyed intern being taken advantage of by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

I hardly think it's out of line to be critical of Clinton in that sense - the bar does not need to be that low.

thaskalos
05-31-2015, 06:52 PM
Ummm, rape is rape, is it not? And even though Monica may not have been a minor, she was still a wide-eyed intern being taken advantage of by the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

I hardly think it's out of line to be critical of Clinton in that sense - the bar does not need to be that low.
How do you know that Monica was "wide-eyed"? She could easily have had her eyes shut.

dartman51
05-31-2015, 08:41 PM
How do you know that Monica was "wide-eyed"? She could easily have had her eyes shut.

Under the circumstances, I think that's a real possibility. :lol:

cj's dad
05-31-2015, 09:13 PM

Mainly in Chicago. Do you remember Mayor Daly ?

classhandicapper
06-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Where are all the great brains of this great country...and why are they staying away from the political scene?

They are handicappers. ;)

Tom
06-01-2015, 03:47 PM

The fact that so many on the left want to give this POS pervert a pass on this says a lot about them. They whine about family values, but isn't this a classic example of them? No one but a slime-sucking bottom feeder does what Clinton did. If Monica's father had shot the bastard, I would have voted to acquit. Face, it, Billy is as low as you can go. Except for Hillary, who tried to cover for him by blamint it on a vast right-wing conspiracy.
Dumber than dirt and could not satisfy her own man. Great presidential material.

Saratoga_Mike
06-01-2015, 03:51 PM
The fact that so many on the left want to give this POS pervert a pass on this says a lot about them. They whine about family values, but isn't this a classic example of them? No one but a slime-sucking bottom feeder does what Clinton did. If Monica's father had shot the bastard, I would have voted to acquit. Face, it, Billy is as low as you can go. Except for Hillary, who tried to cover for him by blamint it on a vast right-wing conspiracy.
Dumber than dirt and could not satisfy her own man. Great presidential material.

While I have no respect for Bill Clinton's personal behavior in the Oval Office, she was 19. I'm not sure what her father has to complain about. If she were 11, we'd agree.

reckless
06-01-2015, 04:06 PM
This thread was started by an ill advised partisan lefty who wished to make political hay from vile, criminal actions many, many years ago by a former Republican House Leader, Dennis Hastert.

Now, this creep's story (Hastert's, not our friend mostpost) is out there due to the FBI investigating him pertaining to illegal money transfers, etc., which is another criminal act.

There is a third criminal act in this saga that has been missed by the self-absorbed brainiacs in both the main stream media and here in PA Off Topic General, notably by our resident genius (just ask him), mostpost, and others who shall remain nameless. That other criminal act is called blackmail, of which that SOB creep Hastert is a 'victim' of.

Now, hold on to your hats boys and girls because I am about to agree with mostpost that there really, really is, in fact, a political aspect to all this! But mostpost totally was wrong in his reasons why this story wasn't played out to his satisfaction.

Hastert's lifestyle and his penchant for young boys was well known in Washington for many years. It was out there even without Hastert himself ever coming out. Some conservatives have felt that one reason Hastert had folded on almost every conservative issue and bill was because he feared he'd be outed as the creep and child molester that he is now known to be.

But there was a political reason then on why our congressional representatives and our 'trusted' media never made this an issue in all his years as a GOP 'Leader' and Speaker of the House: he is a homosexual, and the gay lobby in Washington DC is too powerful to mess with. This gay lobby protects its own, especially those that like and molest young, innocent boys.

If a straight Hastert preyed on young girls or catted about with female lobbyists or even other men's wives, he'd have had his dirty lifestyle exposed all over the media in a heartbeat, easily forcing his resignation ASAP, followed by his cursory press conference admitting a 'sickness' and promising to seek therapy. Yada, yada.

But note again, Hastert is homosexual and the mea culpas aren't necessary nor is an admission of any wrongdoing required nor expected.

In a nutshell, being a homosexual child molester is a protected, privileged political demographic that crosses all party lines.

Saratoga_Mike
06-01-2015, 04:23 PM
What if the victim simply entered into a nondisclosure agreement with Hastert?

Victim's lawyer approaches Hastert. "My client suffered tremendously from your actions. We believe some type of monetary damages are in order. We believe $3.5 million is the right number. As part of a private settlement, my client will sign a nondisclosure agreement."

Do we definitively know this did not happen? I hope that's how it happened, because it will be a disgrace if the victim is charged. Also, did the victim report the monies to the IRS???

fast4522
06-01-2015, 06:53 PM

There is no defending anyone caught being a whore master, the big to do was a sitting President at the time. But it is old news, just as the former speaker of the house is old news but the twist the meat grinder for a thirty year old transgression and the crime of the cover up with today's moneys. Its great this story is around for the President so someone else is getting singed, but soon enough it will be buried in the previous months headlines. That is all it is and will become trivia at next months cocktail party's, the desperate will continue to try to beat this one but it will be just like the blue pill that does not work for them.

Robert Goren
06-01-2015, 07:07 PM

I hardly think it's out of line to be critical of Clinton in that sense - the bar does not need to be that low. Really? What Clinton did was not rape by any stretch of the imagination. And certainly not legally. What is alleged that Hastert did was probably rape legally. We do not know the age or even the sex of the victim, but I think since Hastert was laying out that kind of money was long after he left office, he or she was a lot younger than 19.

Robert Goren
06-01-2015, 07:14 PM
This thread was started by an ill advised partisan lefty who wished to make political hay from vile, criminal actions many, many years ago by a former Republican House Leader, Dennis Hastert.

Now, this creep's story (Hastert's, not our friend mostpost) is out there due to the FBI investigating him pertaining to illegal money transfers, etc., which is another criminal act.

There is a third criminal act in this saga that has been missed by the self-absorbed brainiacs in both the main stream media and here in PA Off Topic General, notably by our resident genius (just ask him), mostpost, and others who shall remain nameless. That other criminal act is called blackmail, of which that SOB creep Hastert is a 'victim' of.

Now, hold on to your hats boys and girls because I am about to agree with mostpost that there really, really is, in fact, a political aspect to all this! But mostpost totally was wrong in his reasons why this story wasn't played out to his satisfaction.

Hastert's lifestyle and his penchant for young boys was well known in Washington for many years. It was out there even without Hastert himself ever coming out. Some conservatives have felt that one reason Hastert had folded on almost every conservative issue and bill was because he feared he'd be outed as the creep and child molester that he is now known to be.

But there was a political reason then on why our congressional representatives and our 'trusted' media never made this an issue in all his years as a GOP 'Leader' and Speaker of the House: he is a homosexual, and the gay lobby in Washington DC is too powerful to mess with. This gay lobby protects its own, especially those that like and molest young, innocent boys.

If a straight Hastert preyed on young girls or catted about with female lobbyists or even other men's wives, he'd have had his dirty lifestyle exposed all over the media in a heartbeat, easily forcing his resignation ASAP, followed by his cursory press conference admitting a 'sickness' and promising to seek therapy. Yada, yada.

But note again, Hastert is homosexual and the mea culpas aren't necessary nor is an admission of any wrongdoing required nor expected.

In a nutshell, being a homosexual child molester is a protected, privileged political demographic that crosses all party lines. I don't think you are correct about that. As of this time, there is evidence that anybody other than Hastert and the victim knew about it while Hastert was in congress.

NJ Stinks
06-01-2015, 07:15 PM
While I have no respect for Bill Clinton's personal behavior in the Oval Office, she was 19. I'm not sure what her father has to complain about. If she were 11, we'd agree.

Monica was 22.

fast4522
06-01-2015, 07:23 PM
My wild guess is that it might be a pregnancy cover up. The cover up the crime, or could involve blackmail for decades.

Saratoga_Mike
06-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Monica was 22.

Thx - didn't remember for sure (knew she was over 18, which was the point) when I posted - didn't bother to ck.

Clocker
06-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Monica being an adult doesn't change the fact that what Clinton did was work place sexual harassment by any measure or standard of those whining about the war on women.

Tom
06-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Yes, and she was in a program designed help young people get training and prepare them for a career. Not supply fresh meet to a Pervert N Chief, which all Bill ever was. A sexual scumbag.

reckless
06-02-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't think you are correct about that. As of this time, there is evidence that anybody other than Hastert and the victim knew about it while Hastert was in congress.

I beg to differ Robert -- there is a powerful left wing homosexual 'lobby' that permeates throughout the once hallowed halls of Congress.

Homosexual congressman Barney Frank supplied his paramour, a gay street hustler, complete access to his (Frank's) tax-payer funded residence to be used to conduct 'business' of the gay prostitution kind. Frank never paid for his crimes in any real shape or form.

Gay congressman Jerry Studds sexually molested young male Congressional pages and interns during his tenure in Congress. He was censured and -- not surprising -- won re-election in Massachusetts. There was also no real media coverage or outrage of the work-place crime and molestation of the young pages at Studds' deviant behavior.

Please note that there were no calls for either of these two scoundrels to resign by the media, or by other Democrats, nor from the GOP, who is scared sh*t-less of the radical gay agenda.

I'll repeat myself: if Hastert was a straight man, a trailer thrash predator just like their darling B.J. Clinton, the liberal press then and now would have vilified Hastert, and would have published all the gory details as well.

thaskalos
06-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I beg to differ Robert -- there is a powerful left wing homosexual 'lobby' that permeates throughout the once hallowed halls of Congress.

Homosexual congressman Barney Frank supplied his paramour, a gay street hustler, complete access to his (Frank's) tax-payer funded residence to be used to conduct 'business' of the gay prostitution kind. Frank never paid for his crimes in any real shape or form.

Gay congressman Jerry Studds sexually molested young male Congressional pages and interns during his tenure in Congress. He was censured and -- not surprising -- won re-election in Massachusetts. There was also no real media coverage or outrage of the work-place crime and molestation of the young pages at Studds' deviant behavior.

Please note that there were no calls for either of these two scoundrels to resign by the media, or by other Democrats, nor from the GOP, who is scared sh*t-less of the radical gay agenda.

I'll repeat myself: if Hastert was a straight man, a trailer thrash predator just like their darling B.J. Clinton, the liberal press then and now would have vilified Hastert, and would have published all the gory details as well.

I wasn't around then, so I don't know; were choice words such as these also hurled at JFK...or wasn't he considered a "trailer trash predator", because he was only entertaining Hollywood starlets at the White House? Do you suppose that JFK might also have preyed on his female staff? You were in the newspaper business...is it news to you that presidents have long been engaging in suspect behavior...usually under the protection of the press?

TJDave
06-02-2015, 02:08 PM
Bill's greatest sexual transgression happened on October 11, 1975.

Tom
06-02-2015, 02:15 PM
I wasn't around then, so I don't know; were choice words such as these also hurled at JFK...or wasn't he considered a "trailer trash predator", because he was only entertaining Hollywood starlets at the White House? Do you suppose that JFK might also have preyed on his female staff? You were in the newspaper business...is it news to you that presidents have long been engaging in suspect behavior...usually under the protection of the press?

JFK had a lot of sextracurricular activity, both in the WH and and elsewhere. and there is still a huge difference between staff and intern. I doubt JFK hit on the interns.

Clocker
06-02-2015, 02:27 PM
I doubt JFK hit on the interns.

Actually, he did. At least 3, all of whom have confirmed it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2497991/Letters-White-House-interns-JFK-allegedly-affairs-with.html

Tom
06-02-2015, 02:29 PM
But you know what my problem is with all this stuff?
If a guy's wedding vows to his wife mean nothing to him, why should I think his oath of office means anything?

TJDave
06-02-2015, 02:55 PM
But you know what my problem is with all this stuff?
If a guy's wedding vows to his wife mean nothing to him, why should I think his oath of office means anything?

If honesty is one of your qualifiers then good luck ever finding someone to vote for.

Saratoga_Mike
06-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Monica being an adult doesn't change the fact that what Clinton did was work place sexual harassment by any measure or standard of those whining about the war on women.

1) I'm not defending his actions - he disgraced his office.

2) No, it was no sexual harassment.

Clocker
06-02-2015, 04:12 PM
2) No, it was no sexual harassment.

It is by definition in the current liberal narrative. Sexual relations with a subordinate are assumed to be coerced.

reckless
06-02-2015, 04:23 PM

Gus, being a 'swordsman' -- to use a 1940-50s term, if I may -- is quite different than being a trailer thrash predator sexually harassing a young intern such as a Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.

JFK doing the nasty with a Marilyn Monroe or Judith Campbell is quite different than a Clinton exploiting a 22-year-old intern, her being over the age of consent notwithstanding.

Would you think it was no different if your 22-year-old daughter was Monica? I don't think so. At one time, Monica's dad is all happy and proud that his girl got a job in the White House as an intern. Then, later on, dad learns that the president of the US is calling her up at 2 in the morning and having her come down solely to give him a hum job. Again, I ask, would you really give Clinton a pass on this type of conduct, especially under the guise... 'presidents have long been engaging in suspect behavior...usually under the protection of the press ...??'

What Hastert did was equally horrible and exploitive -- he violated the trust of the older teacher or coach over a young student; Clinton exploited the power of his most powerful office and violated the trust of all women in the workplace and of all fathers everywhere who hope their young girls get a real true opportunity at a promising career, especially in a glamorous and important situation such as the White House.

Saratoga_Mike
06-02-2015, 04:39 PM
It is by definition in the current liberal narrative. Sexual relations with a subordinate are assumed to be coerced.

True enough

Clocker
06-02-2015, 04:42 PM
JFK doing the nasty with a Marilyn Monroe or Judith Campbell is quite different than a Clinton exploiting a 22-year-old intern, her being over the age of consent notwithstanding.

It appears that JFK was as slimy as Clinton, he was just able to keep a better image about it, especially after being killed in office.

From the link in Post #53 above:

Mimi Alford said that Mr Kennedy took her virginity in his wife's bed in the summer of 1962.

Extracts from her memoir have detailed how she was shocked when on her fifth day as a White House press aide he led her away from co-workers who were having cocktails down the hall to his wife's bedroom where they had sex for the first time

Aged 19 at the time, she writes that 'short of screaming' there was nothing she could do to get Mr Kennedy off her.

In her book, 'Once Upon a Secret: My Affair with President John F. Kennedy and Its Aftermath,' Miss Alford writes how she went from being a debutante from a prominent New Jersey family to a White House press aide - and into the president's bed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2497991/Letters-White-House-interns-JFK-allegedly-affairs-with.html#ixzz3bwIuPemV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

reckless
06-02-2015, 09:58 PM
It appears that JFK was as slimy as Clinton, he was just able to keep a better image about it, especially after being killed in office.

From the link in Post #53 above:

Well, slime and the Kennedy family go greasy hand-and-hand that's for sure.

Is Mimi Alford the same chickie poo that once gave JFK advisor Kenny O'Donnell a Monica at the president's request? If so, I think Mimi was 'appalled' by being asked -- doing such a thing didn't bother her, mind you, but being asked by the president was just too much. And she was a debutante, no less. :lol:

Robert Goren
06-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Monica being an adult doesn't change the fact that what Clinton did was work place sexual harassment by any measure or standard of those whining about the war on women.Probably true. But there is hint of anything other than advances by Bill toward Monica were welcome.
The country prospered under Bill Clinton. More so than either of the Bushes that proceeded or followed him. That is why Hillary will be likely elected. The country gets the prosperity without the sexual drama is the implied message of her campaign. It is tough message to counter and so far the republicans wantabees have found a way to attack it. They talk about emails instead that nobody but the hard right cares about.

thaskalos
06-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Hillary won't win on her own merit. She'll win because the people will see this as a "two-for-one" sort of deal. After the two colossal failures that we have witnessed back-to-back as presidents...having Bill Clinton back at the White House is looking like a pretty good deal.

Robert Goren
06-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Hillary won't win on her own merit. She'll win because the people will see this as a "two-for-one" sort of deal. After the two colossal failures that we have witnessed back-to-back as presidents...having Bill Clinton back at the White House is looking like a pretty good deal.That is the message they are trying to push without coming right out and saying.