View Full Version : NYRA SHAKEUP?

NY BRED
05-30-2015, 10:04 AM
HORRIBLE PUBLICITY ONE WEEK FROM BELMONT PARK'S
BIGGEST DAY.

CHECK TODAY'S PAULICK REPORT

Saratoga_Mike
05-30-2015, 10:43 AM
NY state may be more politically corrupt than any other state, and that comment isn't party-specific. It's across the board.

HalvOnHorseracing
05-30-2015, 10:59 AM
NY state may be more politically corrupt than any other state, and that comment isn't party-specific. It's across the board.

It's a mindset that has been part of northeastern politics since somewhere around the time of the Boston Tea Party. New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania - they all have a history of politicians being indicted for bribery and corruption. The only thing surprising is that anybody is surprised.

Saratoga_Mike
05-30-2015, 11:04 AM
It's a mindset that has been part of northeastern politics since somewhere around the time of the Boston Tea Party. New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania - they all have a history of politicians being indicted for bribery and corruption. The only thing surprising is that anybody is surprised.

Not sure about the northeastern part of your claim - see Louisiana.

It is surprising when both the head of the state senate and assembly (a Rep and a Dem) are in big-time legal trouble at the same time. I believe it's unprecedented.

OTM Al
05-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Not sure about the northeastern part of your claim - see Louisiana.

It is surprising when both the head of the state senate and assembly (a Rep and a Dem) are in big-time legal trouble at the same time. I believe it's unprecedented.
There is nothing difference in the parties here. My guess is that these are just a preliminary. The Feds are slowly but surely closing in on Cuomo himself. Standard approach not going after the top guy until you have him dead to rights. Do hope they pull him down too.

tanner12oz
05-30-2015, 12:58 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/report-indictment-of-new-york-senator-points-to-nyra-chairmans-company/

Flysofree
05-30-2015, 12:59 PM
You might want to see Virginia's ex Governor McDonald also..

Saratoga_Mike
05-30-2015, 01:08 PM
You might want to see Virginia's ex Governor McDonald also..

McDonnell, another good example, OR take your pic of past Illinois govs.

thespaah
05-30-2015, 09:24 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/report-indictment-of-new-york-senator-points-to-nyra-chairmans-company/
These people make gobs of money in their normal jobs.....And it's never enough..
Stack 'em up bonfire style. Add lighter fluid. Strike a match...
If their friends want to put out the flames, limit them to water pistols.
I am SICK of corrupt politicians.....SICK.

burnsy
05-31-2015, 06:57 AM
These people make gobs of money in their normal jobs.....And it's never enough..
Stack 'em up bonfire style. Add lighter fluid. Strike a match...
If their friends want to put out the flames, limit them to water pistols.
I am SICK of corrupt politicians.....SICK.

A friend of mine and I were talking about this yesterday. These people make good money and his kid probably got in any college the old man could get him in. They probably have a nice house and any cars they want......a good life compared to most. Yet, they are scum bags that can't resist trying to get more for nothing.....up here in NY state greed and stupidity seem to run rampant in supposedly solid people because jail for these people sleeping in silk sheets will be a rude awakening and just punishment. People that seemingly have it all.....caught stealing. Pretty sick.....and people thought the state of NY could clean up NYRA...I laughed on here when people suggested that......that was like taking the operation from the wolves and handing it to the cheetahs (cheaters).

Robert Goren
05-31-2015, 07:52 AM
In politics, there is no escaping the crooks. We even have our fair share in Nebraska. The only question when voting, "Is the guy I am voting for is so dumb that he will get caught and embarrass me?" Just to be on the safe side, I never put a political bumper sticker on my car. I have learned over the years, the more moral the candidate claims he is, the more likely he is to get caught. Having seen local government close up, I can assure you they are all crooks. The amazing thing is how small their price is.

SandyW
05-31-2015, 10:16 AM
Can anyone name the one honest politician out of a hundred, I sure can't.

classhandicapper
05-31-2015, 11:44 AM
Can anyone name the one honest politician out of a hundred, I sure can't.

Possibly Ron Paul.

burnsy
05-31-2015, 12:01 PM
Possibly Ron Paul.

Yeah, and they paint him as a "kook"...same with his son and Bernie Sanders. If we are not bailing people out, throwing money around to other countries, spying on Americans or getting into another war......there's something wrong????? What a freaking world! No one ever stops to think about who gets rich off this nonsense, they just "buy in" through fear and stupidity. Oh, until someone gets popped, then its an outrage.....

There were people on here cheering for NY state to take over NYRA, I warned what a joke that would be because I've lived in the state most of my life. Cruise line director for chairman and Ticketmaster for tickets, the money must of poured in to NY state campaign funds......lol. That 15 dollar ticket for the Belmont is 19.50...Ticketmaster gets their pound of flesh. Gee, that's gotta help attendance throughout the year! :bang: The food and service is worse, not better and the people in charge of it all are getting indicted left and right....it was a great move...... :lol:

Lets fire the admissions people and get Ticketmaster in.....then charge more for tickets...more money to slush around for everyone....gangsters in politician suits.....

At least we are not Texas (even worse)....we are going to succeed from the country.....A month or two later....It rained were flooded someone please save us.........Ok, be right there......Oh, now you want back IN? :cool:

whodoyoulike
05-31-2015, 03:40 PM
Since the chairman's appointment by the N.Y. governor was only in April, I wonder what the governor's vetting process involves. Someone should also be looking into this part of the scandal.

Tom
05-31-2015, 03:50 PM
Since the chairman's appointment by the N.Y. governor was only in April, I wonder what the governor's vetting process involves. Someone should also be looking into this part of the scandal.

I would say it has something to do with how much $$$ he gave the little tyrant.

NY BRED
05-31-2015, 04:20 PM
. That 15 dollar ticket for the Belmont is 19.50...Ticketmaster gets their pound of flesh. Gee, that's gotta help attendance throughout the year! :bang: The food and service is worse, not better and the people in charge of it all are getting indicted left and right....it was a great move...... :lol:

Just to clarify, Mr. B. the 15.00 preferred seat for the Belmont
is now going for about 1,800.00.

Uncertain how the split is handled between Ticketmaster and NYRA.

Practicing my rain dance, looks like it is working at least in NJ

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :eek:

Robert Goren
05-31-2015, 05:53 PM
Racing in NY is run by the state government, pure and simple. Some time ago the create NYRA to give appearance that there was some distance between horse racing and state government. The amazing thing is that it has worked to some extent with some people. I always seem to underestimate how naive otherwise intelligent people can be at times.

whodoyoulike
05-31-2015, 08:43 PM

Well, so soon after the appointment should raise concern of the governor's judgement and how he or who he has assigned to research his upcoming issues. And, I'm not suggesting that this is only occurring in NY. I usually have been paying attention to CHRB appointments and I think they are part of the state's racing problems instead of solution (where there are also billions [with a B] of $$$$ and thousands of jobs involved).

Noticed I added the extra $ for Cali.

thespaah
06-01-2015, 12:31 PM
I believe Andrew Cuomo has so many skeletons in his closet, every time he coughs, a bone flies out of nose.
I realize political discussions are usually a no no here, but unfortunately this topic is dripping with political nonsense.
My wish is that save for the regulatory end( which will always be there) NY does the same as NJ and get out of the horse racing business.
Let NYRA find a private sector entity to run it.

thespaah
06-01-2015, 12:32 PM
. That 15 dollar ticket for the Belmont is 19.50...Ticketmaster gets their pound of flesh. Gee, that's gotta help attendance throughout the year! :bang: The food and service is worse, not better and the people in charge of it all are getting indicted left and right....it was a great move...... :lol:

Just to clarify, Mr. B. the 15.00 preferred seat for the Belmont
is now going for about 1,800.00.

Uncertain how the split is handled between Ticketmaster and NYRA.

Practicing my rain dance, looks like it is working at least in NJ

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :eek:
Thirty percent fee tacked on the price. That's absurd.
I hate ticketmaster. The company is a parasite.

biggestal99
06-01-2015, 04:36 PM

250,000 buys you that position.

Lets see. Bonomo donates 250,000 to cuomo, gets appointed chairman of the nyra, and gives a 100,000 a year noshow job at his firm to adam skeltos, son of former just resigned in disgrace dean skeltos, talk about playing both sides.

Allan

OTM Al
06-01-2015, 08:41 PM
250,000 buys you that position.

Lets see. Bonomo donates 250,000 to cuomo, gets appointed chairman of the nyra, and gives a 100,000 a year noshow job at his firm to adam skeltos, son of former just resigned in disgrace dean skeltos, talk about playing both sides.

Allan
In NY it is very clear there aren't two sides.

foregoforever
06-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Bonomo takes leave of absence:

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/NYRA-board-chairman-taking-leave-of-absence-6302489.php

Sepp Blatter is available for the job.