PDA

View Full Version : Cuba off terror list

zico20
05-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Check off another for Obama's to do list with Cuba. My buddy lives in DC and he has inside info on Obama's top 11 list before he leaves office. They are:

1) Appoint an ambassador
2) Open an embassy there
3) Normalize relations
4) Lift the embargo
5) Return Gitmo
6) Make a national television speech apologizing for the Bay of Pigs invasion
7) Sign a defense treaty with them
8) Get Cuba approved for NATO
9) Make reparations for the USA being a pain in their ass for decades
10 Lease for a buck the Florida Keys with an option to buy at 1902 prices
11 Give Raul and Fidel unlimited access to our best doctors so they can live to 100 or more.

If Obama dedicates the rest of his presidency to Cuba he may very well be able to pull off his ultimate goal with Cuba. :rolleyes:

RunForTheRoses
05-29-2015, 08:41 PM
11 Give Raul and Fidel unlimited access to our best doctors so they can live to 100 or more

I work with a left wing skunk who rhapsodizes about the superiority of Cuban medicine.

I guess it was inevitable, remember how unbelievable it was when we got friendly with Vietnam again. Cuba never really showed contrition though.

lamboguy
05-29-2015, 08:49 PM
i was watching television news and they had the exact same list!

Tom
05-29-2015, 09:32 PM
11 Give Raul and Fidel unlimited access to our best doctors so they can live to 100 or more

I work with a left wing skunk who rhapsodizes about the superiority of Cuban medicine.

I guess it was inevitable, remember how unbelievable it was when we got friendly with Vietnam again. Cuba never really showed contrition though.

That skunk posts here.

RunForTheRoses
05-29-2015, 09:48 PM
That skunk posts here.

LOL I'm sure they're siblings in Solidarity at the least.

mostpost
05-31-2015, 12:02 AM
Check off another for Obama's to do list with Cuba. My buddy lives in DC and he has inside info on Obama's top 11 list before he leaves office. They are:

1) Appoint an ambassador
2) Open an embassy there
3) Normalize relations
4) Lift the embargo
5) Return Gitmo
11 Give Raul and Fidel unlimited access to our best doctors so they can live to 100 or more.

If Obama dedicates the rest of his presidency to Cuba he may very well be able to pull off his ultimate goal with Cuba. :rolleyes:
One through five make sense. The rest are just silliness. I mean the silliness on the part of the list maker. I am quite certain Obama is considering none of them.

mostpost
05-31-2015, 12:10 AM

It wasn't unbelievable to some. I barely noticed it. I also missed any problems we had with VietNam after we normalized relations. What is Cuba supposed to apologize for? The Bay of Pigs? The Embargo? I also don't remember Vietnam apologizing for anything. Some people just move on instead of obsessing for fifty years.

Hank
05-31-2015, 09:50 AM

:lol:

Tom
05-31-2015, 10:02 AM
The left's support for dictators is amazing.
Have they forgotten was a tyrant Castro was, all those people trying to float the Miami in wash tubs, tires, whatever they could get? Just to be free?

I see no reason for sanctions anymore, but reparations? Apologies?
For crying out loud, They allowed the USSR to put missiles there in the heat of the cold war.

I guess that is why they support Castro.

acorn54
05-31-2015, 10:08 AM
mostpost, "obsessing" as you put it is a lighthearted way of saying forget. ask any jew that was in a concentration camp if we should forget about the holocast.
like santayana said "those that forget history, are doomed to repeat it".

Tom
05-31-2015, 10:19 AM
What is Cuba supposed to apologize for?

The missile crisis.
Did you forget that, or purposely omit it?

RunForTheRoses
05-31-2015, 12:05 PM
:lol:

I agree with ya Hank, it really is funny how far these left wing scumbags can stuff their heads so far up their asses.

zico20
05-31-2015, 01:37 PM
It wasn't unbelievable to some. I barely noticed it. I also missed any problems we had with VietNam after we normalized relations. What is Cuba supposed to apologize for? The Bay of Pigs? The Embargo? I also don't remember Vietnam apologizing for anything. Some people just move on instead of obsessing for fifty years.

I will tell you what Cuba is suppose to apologize for! For telling the USSR back in the early 1980s to launch a nuclear attack on the USA and wipe us out. The Castro boys have NEVER apologized or shown contrition for that incident. We should take both of them out with a drone attack, IMO. They are the devil. No relations should be restored until democracy and human rights are in place. And if by some chance a Castro should win a democratic election fair and square, a public apology for wanting the USA wiped off the earth.

Tom
05-31-2015, 01:59 PM
The enemy of America is the friend of the democrat.

Hank
05-31-2015, 02:24 PM
The left's support for dictators is amazing.
Have they forgotten was a tyrant Castro was, all those people trying to float the Miami in wash tubs, tires, whatever they could get? Just to be free?

I see no reason for sanctions anymore, but reparations? Apologies?
For crying out loud, They allowed the USSR to put missiles there in the heat of the cold war.

I guess that is why they support Castro.

Oh really,What about these fascist dictators all supported by the right. Turn off Rush grab a history book. :lol:

Fulgencio Batista (Cuba)
Somoza family (Nicaragua)
François Duvalier (Haiti)
Jean-Claude Duvalier (Haiti)
Omar Torrijos (Panama)
Manuel Noriega (Panama)
Augusto Pinochet (Chile)
Ferdinand Marcos (Philippines)
Saddam Hussein (Iraq)
Suharto (Indonesia)
House of Saud (Saudi Arabia)
Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa (Bahrain)
Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani (Qatar)
Qaboos bin Said al Said (Oman)
Hashemite Dynasty (Jordan)
United Arab Emirates
King Hassan II, predecessors and successors (Morocco)
Gaafar Nimeiry (Sudan)
Samuel Doe (Liberia)
Meles Zenawi (Ethiopia)
Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo (Equatorial Guinea)
Mobutu Sese Seko (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Hissène Habré (Chad)
Hosni Mubarak (Egypt)
Idriss Déby (Chad)
Yoweri Museveni (Uganda)
Zine El Abidine Ben Ali (Tunisia)
Paul Kagame (Rwanda)
Francisco Franco (Francoist Spain)
António de Oliveira Salazar (Portugal)

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2015, 02:43 PM
We trade with China, one of the largest scale violators of human rights in the world. If you support trade with China, you need to support trade with Cuba (and lifting the embargo - underway). One could make a Monroe Doctrine-type argument for the embargo with Cuba, but I don't think Cuba despite its close proximity is a national security threat, certainly less so than China.

As for the removal from the terror list, I don't think there's an issue with that. Who harbors more Islamic militants, the UK or Cuba?

The Republican-controlled Congress had an opportunity to object to dropping Cuba from the terror list (it's how the process works). They did nothing. So if you oppose this action, please criticize Obama and the Reps.

Tom
05-31-2015, 03:14 PM
Gee Hank, I must have missed those apologies.
And I must have missed the left severing relations with them.

davew
05-31-2015, 03:27 PM
I remember seeing the fat cat Michael Moore's documentary on how the health system there is nice

fast4522
05-31-2015, 04:07 PM
I remember seeing the fat cat Michael Moore's documentary on how the health system there is nice

This very long interview with Ann Coulter is 100 times more interesting than anything Michael Moore has ever done. Small tidbits about Joe McCarthy (less than 1/4 in 32:12) and Robert Kennedy are well worth the watch. What person in this thread has enough salt to watch the whole thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EkoV_PaeXU

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Actually they're both idiots. Anyone who can't see Coulter is putting on a show is blind. Is she a conservative? I'm sure she is. Does she believe half of what she says? No way, but she knows how to grab headlines. She's a terrific self-promoter.

JustRalph
05-31-2015, 05:56 PM
http://www.cnn.com/US/9602/cuba_shootdown/

Yeah, let's ignore and forgive

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2015, 06:07 PM
http://www.cnn.com/US/9602/cuba_shootdown/

Yeah, let's ignore and forgive

You're very intellectually honest, but I have to call you out on this one. If GWB had taken Cuba off the terror list, I don't think you would have posted this almost 20-yr-old link.

Who is more dangerous to US security Cuba or Saudi Arabia? Clearly the Saudis. Should they be on the terror list? I say yes. You?

fast4522
05-31-2015, 06:08 PM
Actually they're both idiots. Anyone who can't see Coulter is putting on a show is blind. Is she a conservative? I'm sure she is. Does she believe half of what she says? No way, but she knows how to grab headlines. She's a terrific self-promoter.

Most people who write books have a leaning, it does not matter which way they lean because if the content is not fiction facts can be verified. This is exactly why people run from the facts. This thread has commies (Cuba) in it, I think commies are fair game.

Saratoga_Mike
05-31-2015, 06:14 PM
Most people who write books have a leaning, it does not matter which way they lean because if the content is not fiction facts can be verified. This is exactly why people run from the facts. This thread has commies (Cuba) in it, I think commies are fair game.

I don't know who is running from facts. I just pointed out that Coulter is a wonderful self-promoter who makes outrageous statements to keep her followers interested. My guess is she's no different than Karl Rove in private, laughing at many of her followers (as he did certain GWB voters). Sorry, she's laughing all the way to the bank. Good for her, I say.

zico20
05-31-2015, 07:10 PM
You're very intellectually honest, but I have to call you out on this one. If GWB had taken Cuba off the terror list, I don't think you would have posted this almost 20-yr-old link.

Who is more dangerous to US security Cuba or Saudi Arabia? Clearly the Saudis. Should they be on the terror list? I say yes. You?

I am going with Cuba, hands down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/22/science/22nuke.html?_r=0

If GWB had taken them off the list the republicans should have started impeachment charges claiming he is delusional and mentally not competent to be president.

I don't ever recall the Saudis wanting to bomb us off the face of the earth, do you? The same regime in Cuba still exists that wants us wiped out.

fast4522
05-31-2015, 07:26 PM
There are plenty of reasons to view Cuba a threat, they are commies. Even JFK hated commies, RFK as well.

davew
05-31-2015, 08:45 PM
This very long interview with Ann Coulter is 100 times more interesting than anything Michael Moore has ever done. Small tidbits about Joe McCarthy (less than 1/4 in 32:12) and Robert Kennedy are well worth the watch. What person in this thread has enough salt to watch the whole thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EkoV_PaeXU

she is so hot - I wish there were not so many ads

zico20
05-31-2015, 09:28 PM
I thought of this analogy about Obama and Castro.You live in a house in a subdivision.Your next door neighbor is a complete jerk to everyone, however, he loves you and helps you out whenever needed. A guy one subdivision over comes by a lot and is liked by a lot of folks in the subdivision. He then starts wicked rumors about your neighbor. Your other neighbors help force him out. He sells his house and gets out of town. The guy buys your neighbors house and immediately becomes hostile towards you. One day he rapes and kills your wife. He gets off on a technicality and stays in the house next to you. You move out ASAP because you can't stand to be near him after what he has done. You don't even sell your house, you leave everything. He then goes about terrorizing the neighbors for 20 years but nobody can stand up to him. He sabotages every house that goes for sale, so nobody can leave. He makes the rules for the subdivision and everyone has to follow since they are too scared to do anything.

Lots of your neighbors hope you will come back and kill the SOB. Except when you finally return you want to patch things up instead of kicking the crap out of him. You ask him if he has any remorse for what he did and he says no. He then makes a list of demands for you to meet before the two of you can go about being buddies. You give in because making up is the right thing to do, no matter what concessions you had to make. Lots of your past neighbors are stunned by your new acceptance of the guy who killed your wife.

This is the USA-Cuba history for the past 50 plus years. You are Obama. Your first neighbor is Batista, and the guy who killed your wife is Castro. Now I ask you left wingers, do you really want to make up with the guy who killed your wife and give him everything he wants?

Obama is a fool in all of this. Along with all the Democrats and some Republicans. Time may heel a lot of wounds, but not this one. Only the assassination of the two Castro boys will bring about desperately needed change in Cuba.

mostpost
05-31-2015, 10:06 PM
The missile crisis.
Did you forget that, or purposely omit it?Neither. That happened fifty years ago and no Americans came to harm as a result. Anyway, the Cuban missile crisis was precipitated by the Soviet Union. I doubt that the Cubans had any real say in the matter.

Hank
05-31-2015, 10:08 PM
Gee Hank, I must have missed those apologies.
And I must have missed the left severing relations with them.

Your naivete is priceless Tommy boy. Does "operation Mongoose" ring a bell probable not, operation northwoods? No, The bay of pigs... apologies. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Project

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_of_Pigs_Invasion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

JustRalph
05-31-2015, 10:13 PM

Nope. This one hits close. I have some friends who escaped Cuba. They lost relatives several times. Most Americans are unaware of the political prisoners, the prisons. The fact that the government picks and chooses who gets extra food, rations etc.

Cuba keeps lots of bad stuff hidden.

mostpost
05-31-2015, 10:20 PM
I will tell you what Cuba is suppose to apologize for! For telling the USSR back in the early 1980s to launch a nuclear attack on the USA and wipe us out. The Castro boys have NEVER apologized or shown contrition for that incident. We should take both of them out with a drone attack, IMO. They are the devil. No relations should be restored until democracy and human rights are in place. And if by some chance a Castro should win a democratic election fair and square, a public apology for wanting the USA wiped off the earth.
Your history is a bit off. It wasn't the 1980s. It happened at the time of the Cuban missile crisis. Castro, fearing the United States would attack Cuba to get rid of the missiles-and him-wrote to Khruschev urging him to launch a nuclear strike on the United States. Khruschev's response was pretty much "Are You nuts?"

http://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/fidel-castro/videos/castro-urges-nuclear-attack-on-america

zico20
05-31-2015, 10:34 PM
Your history is a bit off. It wasn't the 1980s. It happened at the time of the Cuban missile crisis. Castro, fearing the United States would attack Cuba to get rid of the missiles-and him-wrote to Khruschev urging him to launch a nuclear strike on the United States. Khruschev's response was pretty much "Are You nuts?"

http://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/fidel-castro/videos/castro-urges-nuclear-attack-on-america

Did you miss my post where I cited the web page that it was in the early 1980s? Go back and find my post with the link to the NY times. You can read all about it. Sorry, but the Castro boys are that evil, you will need to accept that.

mostpost
05-31-2015, 10:51 PM
I thought of this analogy about Obama and Castro.You live in a house in a subdivision.Your next door neighbor is a complete jerk to everyone,
By complete jerk you mean he kills 20,000 people and imprisons tens of thousands more.

however, he loves you and helps you out whenever needed.
If you consider allowing the US Sugar industry in Cuba to run without oversight as helping out, then yes Bautista was a great friend. Personally, I choose not to have friends who enslave people.

A guy one subdivision over comes by a lot and is liked by a lot of folks in the subdivision. He then starts wicked rumors about your neighbor.
You mean like the one about your neighbor killing twenty thousand people?
The Cad!!!
Your other neighbors help force him out. He sells his house and gets out of town.
Bautista raped and pillaged the country, absconded with billions of dollars from the Cuban national treasury and lived out his life in luxury and you make it seem like he was unjustly evicted from a third floor walk up.

The guy buys your neighbors house and immediately becomes hostile towards you. One day he rapes and kills your wife. He gets off on a technicality and stays in the house next to you. You move out ASAP because you can't stand to be near him after what he has done. You don't even sell your house, you leave everything. He then goes about terrorizing the neighbors for 20 years but nobody can stand up to him. He sabotages every house that goes for sale, so nobody can leave. He makes the rules for the subdivision and everyone has to follow since they are too scared to do anything.

Lots of your neighbors hope you will come back and kill the SOB. Except when you finally return you want to patch things up instead of kicking the crap out of him. You ask him if he has any remorse for what he did and he says no. He then makes a list of demands for you to meet before the two of you can go about being buddies. You give in because making up is the right thing to do, no matter what concessions you had to make. Lots of your past neighbors are stunned by your new acceptance of the guy who killed your wife.

This is the USA-Cuba history for the past 50 plus years. You are Obama. Your first neighbor is Batista, and the guy who killed your wife is Castro. Now I ask you left wingers, do you really want to make up with the guy who killed your wife and give him everything he wants?

Obama is a fool in all of this. Along with all the Democrats and some Republicans. Time may heel a lot of wounds, but not this one. Only the assassination of the two Castro boys will bring about desperately needed change in Cuba.

Your analogy gets sillier the further it goes.

mostpost
05-31-2015, 11:44 PM
One day he rapes and kills your wife.
Castro has done a lot of terrible things. No one denies that. But what has he done that is equivalent to killing my wife. I mean what is equal on a personal level. If you are going to answer with that stuff about him asking the Soviets to bomb us; I would say that is more equivalent to him siccing his dog on her while the dog lays in the shade gnawing on a bone.

zico20
07-02-2015, 08:06 PM

1) Appoint an ambassador
2) Open an embassy there
3) Normalize relations
4) Lift the embargo
5) Return Gitmo

Holy sh!t! Obama is moving at lightning speed through this top 11. By the end of July the US and Cuba will have restored diplomatic relations AND opened embassies in each other's country. Plus, Obama is ready to name an ambassador real soon.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-ready-to-fight-over-u.s.-ambassador-to-cuba/article/2567500

I am telling everyone right now you better make plans to take a vacation to the Florida Keys real soon. Obama is ready to give that away very soon also. :D

JustRalph
07-15-2015, 12:27 PM
https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2015/07/07/obama-engagement-with-cuba-rulers-comes-expense-its-people/hdT49OQfjH7Y2UjC0bhEtJ/story.html#

Congrats Cuba! Nothing has changed. Lock them up!

Tom
07-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Obama doesn't care about this - after all, it is HIS legacy at stake.
What difference do mere people make in the grand scheme of things?
He only wishes he could community organize like that here.

zico20
08-10-2015, 10:20 PM
The Castro regime is doubling down on peaceful protests. I guess to all the liberals on here this is the fault of the Republicans. The Cuban people have a different take on who is at fault.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2015/08/10/days-before-reopening-us-embassy-in-havana-cuban-authorities-arrest-0/?intcmp=hplnws

zico20
08-15-2015, 04:33 PM
The US says Cuba owes us billions of dollars from seized assets in 1961. Fidel just went on record as saying the US owes Cuba many millions from the embargo. Looks like we are getting real close to utopia with them. :rolleyes:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/u-s-cuba-relations/fidel-castro-says-u-s-still-owes-cuba-many-millions-n409811

Tom
08-15-2015, 05:31 PM
This deal will do nothing to improve the lives of Cubans.
Even if we lift the trade embargo, the people will not get anything out of it.
Cuba is a dictatorship. End of story.

Clocker
08-15-2015, 06:29 PM
This deal will do nothing to improve the lives of Cubans.
Even if we lift the trade embargo, the people will not get anything out of it.
Cuba is a dictatorship. End of story.

Most countries have freedom to do business with Cuba right now. Very few do. US companies are presently allowed to do business with Cuba for health-related products and for most food products. Very few do.

To do business in Cuba, you have to deal with a government owned Cuban business and you have to comply with totalitarian rules and high taxes. And how much can you sell to "consumers" that make $20 a month?

Tom
08-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Hey, Obama is giving $140 Bills to Iran......how much will he give Cuba?

horses4courses
08-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Nice story yesterday on the 3 Marines who hoisted the US flag in Havana.
The very same guys who took it down in 1961 - still looking good. :ThmbUp:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/politics/marines-us-embassy-havana-cuba/

Tom
08-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Yeah, that was cool.
Personally, I have no problem lifting the embargo and restrictions.

But I see no reason to establish relations with the Castro government.
And no reparations. And we allow any companies who were robbed by Castro to seek damages.

Actor
08-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Neither. That happened fifty years ago and no Americans came to harm as a result.U.S. Air Force Major Rudolf Anderson was killed when the Russians shot down his plane.

Clocker
08-17-2015, 11:33 AM
And we allow any companies who were robbed by Castro to seek damages.

Given that history, why would any US company do business with Cuba today?

zico20
08-23-2015, 11:49 AM
If things could not get more screwed up with our new Cuban policy, here is a new one. We are denying Cuban doctors visas to come to the US. Some have waited over six months to come here. The State Dept. denies it has anything to do with our new relations with Cuba, but I do not believe it. Here we have immigrants who WILL contribute to society and we keep them out yet the uneducated, unskilled, non English speaking illegal lettuce pickers get to stay.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/L/LT_COLOMBIA_CUBAN_DOCTORS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

zico20
09-12-2015, 07:35 PM
While everyone knows I hate the Castro boys guts, I have to give them credit. They are not dumb. After seeing what Iran got from the US, they have upped the amount they are demanding from the USA for the embargo and other acts of aggression. Fidel originally said the USA owes Cuba tens of millions of dollars. Now the Castro boys are demanding 300 BILLION. They figure that Obama and Kerry will counter with 150 Billion and they will accept it while claiming they are going to take the offer to establish good will between the countries. Obama can then claim victory while getting a token gesture of a couple of human rights prisoners released in return.

People say things happen in three's. We have had Obama make deals with Iran and Cuba, wonder what country will be lucky number three before Obama leaves office.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/12/us-cuba-usa-idUSKCN0RC00620150912

LottaKash
09-12-2015, 08:47 PM
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/lottakash/Obama-Economic-Team_zps0b966bea.jpg (http://s405.photobucket.com/user/lottakash/media/Obama-Economic-Team_zps0b966bea.jpg.html)

Tom
09-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Now the Castro boys are demanding 300 BILLION. They figure that Obama and Kerry will counter with 150 Billion and they will accept it while claiming they are going to take the offer to establish good will between the countries.

Sit, Obama, sit.
Roll over, Obama, roll over.
Good boy, Obama, good boy.

Tom
09-12-2015, 11:24 PM
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/lottakash/Obama-Economic-Team_zps0b966bea.jpg (http://s405.photobucket.com/user/lottakash/media/Obama-Economic-Team_zps0b966bea.jpg.html)

:lol: :lol: KASH for Kourses! :lol: :lol:

zico20
11-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Looks like Obama is ready to take matters into his own hands. He is considering using executive power to transfer the terrorists off GITMO. The article says it is against the law to do it. I am sure that won't matter to Obama. I know what Obama is thinking. He figures if there are no prisoners left there he then can claim the US has no use for the facility and will give it back to Cuba, with our apologies, of course.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/259448-battle-over-gitmo-set-to-erupt

zico20
04-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Can someone on here please explain to me why we are opening relations with the Castro boys. Raul just called the USA "the enemy" and Cuba's foreign minister called Obama's visit "an attack on the foundation of our history, our culture, and our symbols."

Obama once again has been played for a fool. We never should have opened diplomatic relations with people who hate us and want to destroy us. Obama is the biggest freaking joke when it comes to handling foreign leaders. I don't understand how some conservatives on here want anything to do with dealing with Castro. They are the devil in disguise.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2016/04/19/cuba-officials-call-obama-visit-attack-raul-castro-labels-us-as-enemy/?intcmp=hplnws

Tom
04-20-2016, 09:41 AM
It is only about Lobama's legacy.
Nothing else.

Greyfox
04-20-2016, 10:39 AM
We never should have opened diplomatic relations with people who hate us and want to destroy us.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2016/04/19/cuba-officials-call-obama-visit-attack-raul-castro-labels-us-as-enemy/?intcmp=hplnws

The Castros hate America. The Cuban people, who suffer the most under the embargo, do not.
Trade Embargoes hurt the little guys, not the leaders.