PDA

View Full Version : help

bill
05-27-2004, 11:01 PM
we need everybodys prayers

my oldest sons wife went into a hospital six weeks ago staied in icu most of the time

hospital said didnt know what was wrong

moved her to parkland (in dallas) yesterday this morn they say lukemea

they start chemo tonite if it shows to help by tom she has a chance but if not two weeks so all help

billl

so.cal.fan
05-28-2004, 12:35 AM
Bill, we are very sorry to hear this.
You can count on my prayers for your daughter in law.
Please tell us her name?

They have made some very important advances in the treatment of this disease. We hope they can save this lady.

Please keep us posted.

Prayers and Hugs,
So. Cal. Fan

PaceAdvantage
05-28-2004, 01:53 AM
That's terrible. I am so sorry for you and your family. I would also be mad as hell at the doctors in the first hospital that took six weeks to diagnose the disease! That's a long time that could have been put to good use starting to fight the sickness!

I hope and pray your son's wife ends up one of the lucky ones and beats this disease.

bill
05-28-2004, 02:07 AM
her name is cathy the first hospital didnt know what was wrong tried to tell my son to transport her in his car

she was on liffe support at that time

we made amblance take her its about 50 miles even the amblance was no good had to stop and get more oxegen they are complete jokes

the big hospital only took 12 hours to diagnose we are very mad and very sad

bill

Lance
05-28-2004, 04:27 AM
You have mine, Bill. Prayers for Cathy and everyone who loves her.

CryingForTheHorses
05-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Many prayers for Cathy,Seems doctore can do so much these days, Hopefully make her better.Dont be down on the doctors,My dad had a double lung transplant 3 years ago and is now perfect. Please keep the faith and Godbless you and your family

ceejay
05-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Bill,

I'll be thinking about your family. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with lukemia 8+ years ago (she's living cancer free still), so I know what your family is in store for. Let's hope that they can put Cathy into remission. Be strong. There will be some tough days but I found that taking it a day at a time worked best for me.

Dan
05-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Bill,

Cathy and your family will be in our prayers.

Dan

Dave Schwartz
05-28-2004, 07:36 PM
Bill,

I will commit my family to pray for your daughter-in-law's recovery.

Warm Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Hammerhead
05-28-2004, 07:45 PM
Keep your faith in the Lord he always will do whats best.
You and your family will be in my prayers tonight.

JimG
05-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Hang in there Bill....and know there are many praying for Cathy and your family.

Jim

Tom
05-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Bill,
My prayers are with her and with you. Take care, and keep us posted. And if you need to talk, we are all here for you.
God Bless.

bill
05-29-2004, 12:52 AM
thanks to one and all for your prayers

they started the chemo this morn

they seemed to like the results of the first go round

will know more tom

bill

Secretariat
05-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Bill,

We're all praying here she pulls through and has a quick recovery. Best to you and your family in this rough time.

Sec

John
05-29-2004, 08:18 PM
BIll, I have good vibs for cathy. We all have prayers and the willpower to see her come through. Tell her to hang in there.

Best Regards to you and your family.

John

bill
05-31-2004, 12:19 AM
everyone keep those prayer wheels going

i know it way too early but she has improved so mutch from where she was

still a long long way to go

thanks to all

Tom
05-31-2004, 01:18 AM
You got it Bill. There is power in faith.
Glad to hear it is starting out promising.

bill
06-03-2004, 05:32 PM
really need help

need someone to set up a help line

cathy has a very rare form of this disease only 4 cases in usa

she worked for the school system and she has insurance but it has already been depleted

they say she has to have a bone morrow trans but that the ins wont pay they say it will cost in the millions

i am a proud old man never asked for mutch but i need help with this (not for me) but my son and her and their son

im typing with tears in my eyes so dont
blame me if a bit confused

any sugestions from any where will be welcome

bill

Dan
06-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Bill,

Here's is a website that I found through Hendrick Motorsports. Rick Hendrick who is in Nascar has created a foundation to those in need of bone marrow transplants. He had to have one himself.

http://www.marrow.org/NMDP/connecting_patients_donors.html

Also, here's some more information:

For information, contact the Hendrick Marrow Program, a partner of The Marrow Foundation, at teammarrow@hmsracing.com

I hope this helps my friend. I know what you are going through. My prayers are still with you.

Dan

Dan
06-03-2004, 07:42 PM
Bill,

There are many possible options which the doctor should know about it. You need get some of the family members to search the internet and the National Institutes of Health websites.

Since her disease is rare there could be possible clinical trials or studies underway where the cost would be lower. I would ask her doctor to see if they can find any institution that are studying this disease.

Here's some more sites:

http://www.nih.gov/

http://www.cancerindex.org/clinks4b.htm

Go into the NIH website and search for her disease. There should be information about clinical trials or researchers who have been given grants to study this disease. Also, there are many bone marrow foundations like the earlier one I listed.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Hammerhead
06-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Bill
I am 62 also and would like to know how I can be tested to donate anything that would be of any use. Sounds stupid but maybe something I have (excluding bad picks) could be of some assistance. Never know, I am in good health. How about a donation? e-mail me at bkhammer@optonline.net I don't have much but will gladly share.

John
06-03-2004, 07:59 PM
If we are going to setup a donation fund. I think we should get MIKE ,PACEADVANTAGE involed in this to do it right.

John

Dan
06-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Bill,

Since you are in Texas see if you can contact M. D. Anderson in Houston. They are one of the best Medical Centers in the country. Here's their link:

http://www.mdanderson.org/

I have been there and was a patient of theirs and they accepted me even though I was living here in North Carolina. My insurance company allowed me to do it because of their reputation and because they were researching this disease I had.

I don't know if it is possible but can you get a second opinion? I know that in cases like this it seems impossible but maybe try. I won't go into my own experience but we are glad we did. We used M.D. Anderson for our second opinion and they saved my life.

If this is that rare then the doctor or oncologist who is treating her probably has never had a case like this. That's why I suggested getting someone in your family to search the internet to find either doctors, hospitals, researchers, clinical trials, or support groups concerning this disease.

In this situation knowledge is power. Your family needs to get as much information as they can about this to make the right decision. I hope that helps.

Dan

bill
06-04-2004, 10:16 AM
thanks for everything

we will be in touch with every link

there has to be something somewhere

god bless each of you

bill

bill
06-06-2004, 11:18 PM
it seems as tho they are going to go ahead with the transplant

they will be using her as a study like i said only 4 cases in usa

hope they learn and help her

thanks to all

bill

John
06-07-2004, 10:53 AM
BILL, my fingers are crossed. Somehow I feel she is going to be alright. The medical field does wonderful things these days.

John

bill
06-11-2004, 10:05 PM
i wish to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for kathy

but we lost her at 8:45 this eve

thanks to all

bill

Tom
06-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Bill,
I am very sorry for your loss.
You did what you could for her, and you can be proud of that.
More prayeers are on tap tonight for her.
And you stay in touch here, too.
Take care,
Tom

John
06-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Bill and GIN,

Its never easy for those left behind.
But when you lose someone so senselessly and
unexpectedly. We all feel the shock

May it help to know how many of us share your sorrow
and stand with you in your time of need.

MANY SHARE YOUR SORROW

John

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2004, 01:28 AM
Bill, I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. My condolences to you and your family.