PDA

View Full Version : Wiggle it jiggle it A monster?

mrroyboy
05-28-2015, 06:18 PM
I can't believe this horse. Not only undefeated but has a mark of 149 at Harrington a half mile track. That probably equals 147 at Meadowlands. And he is only a three yr old.
He keeps going like this he will break every record on the books!!!

EdZone
05-28-2015, 06:43 PM
149? Do you mean the time 1:49 or something else? His time was 1:56 as I know. Not 1:49.

mrroyboy
05-28-2015, 07:15 PM
Tried to copy and paste but he is in the 12 race at Hoosier Sat night.
The race I was talking about was May 11 at Harrington 8th race. his second to last race. 149 flat.

EdZone
05-28-2015, 08:08 PM
No Wonder. I was checking yesterday May 27 Harrington Race 5.

Sinner369
05-28-2015, 08:31 PM
I can't believe this horse. Not only undefeated but has a mark of 149 at Harrington a half mile track. That probably equals 147 at Meadowlands. And he is only a three yr old.
He keeps going like this he will break every record on the books!!!

Is the horse eligible for the NA Cup..........??? Like to see how he will do against the big boys like............Artspeak.

jtschmidt
05-28-2015, 09:33 PM
I think he is cup eligible but not pace. Maybe someone can confirm though.

EdZone
05-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Forty-Seven N.A. Cup Eligibles

ALLBEEF N NOBULL
AMERICANPRIMETIME
AMORA BEACH
ARQUE HANOVER
ARTSPEAK
ASAP HANOVER
BETTING EXCHANGE
DEALT A WINNER
DRACHAN HANOVER
DUDES THE MAN
EDWARD TEACH
FIRST CLASS HORSE
GALLIC BEACH
GO DADDY GO
GOOD FRIDAY THREE
HARFO HANOVER

HURRIKANE ALI
IF YOU WANT FIRE
IN THE ARSENAL
JO PAS WELL SAID
JOE HILL
LYONS AGAIN
LYONS GEOFFJNR
LYONS LEVI LEWIS
MAXDADDY BLUE CHIP
MITT JAGGER
ONEISALONELYNUMBER
PAPARAZZI HANOVER
PENJI HANOVER
PHYSICALLYINCLINED
PIERCE HANOVER
REVENGE SHARK

REVEREND HANOVER
RICH WISDOM
ROCK N ROLL WORLD
ROCK THE NITE
SICILY
SOMWHEREONTHEBEACH
SPLIT THE HOUSE
STOVER
THE SPY
THE WAYFARING MAN
TRACEUR HANOVER
TRADING UP
WAKIZASHI HANOVER
WIGGLE IT JIGGLEIT
YANKEE BOUNTY

mostpost
05-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Tried to copy and paste but he is in the 12 race at Hoosier Sat night.
The race I was talking about was May 11 at Harrington 8th race. his second to last race. 149 flat.
Won gate to wire in 1:49.3. Race was delayed fifteen minutes by a monsoon.

outofthebox
03-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Made his 4yo debut at Dover today (10th) gate to wire winner in 1:51 4/5 over Rockeyed Optimist. His stride was smooth and steady and he won very comfortably.

cmp92
03-29-2016, 04:27 PM
He's entered in the Levy Series at YR this Saturday.

jtschmidt
03-30-2016, 12:00 PM
Post 7 at Yonkers, first start against some decent FFA pacers. Will he gun out or try racing from off the pace some? If he is going to be a force this year, he will need to continue to learn the latter. His race in pocono last summer where he came first up is a sign he can do it. Assuming he will not walk over the competition this year against ABM, FFP, ST, etc... the drives by Montrell may be that much more important.

chaz63
03-31-2016, 07:16 AM
Yea.....WIJI is pretty good. Lol

outofthebox
04-02-2016, 09:46 PM
They schooled the kid pretty good. 4th over and last with 3/8 to go, brushed 3 wide and closed gamely for 2nd.

MutuelClerk
04-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Raced great!! Lets just say the horse is a little better than the driver.

outofthebox
04-03-2016, 08:05 AM
What i found amazing about his effort was he came home the back 1/2 in 53 4/5 while running most of that 3 wide uncovered.

camluck49
04-03-2016, 09:22 AM
The horse would never lose a race with a sears, tetrick, etc driving him.

pandy
04-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Wow, every time this horse loses you guys blame the driver. Yannick Gingras was driving Foiled Again when he lost from post 7 at Yonkers. I don't know why Yonkers starting line/finish line change hasn't been approved, but the way the race starts right near the turn, it's tough to leave from the outside. He took a look but decided against it, and then he was 4th over behind horrible cover. Believe me, if this had been the FINAL of the Levy, I would be all over Montrell. But it wasn't. Many drivers would have done the same thing. Sears, who is a great talent, has lost with many top horses because he raced them conservatively, which is his style, he's a finesse driver. This was not the final.

Wiggle It was awesome though, :53.4 last half and he was wide part of turn one and wide around turn four.

Stick
04-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Was the Cane the final? Every time the race does not go according to plan the guy can not make the adjustment. This is what separates drivers. The horse that is getting the lead is just inside of him. Pushing past to the 1st quarter can not be much worse on the horse than driving 3 wide for half a mile. I can't believe he got that close at the wire.

zico20
04-03-2016, 09:37 PM
If there ever was a 2-5 shot in harness racing to bet against, this was it. He should have gunned him from the start. At the half mile I knew he had no shot at winning.

pandy
04-03-2016, 11:40 PM
If there ever was a 2-5 shot in harness racing to bet against, this was it. He should have gunned him from the start. At the half mile I knew he had no shot at winning.

If Cam Fella, Niatross, or Nihilator, had post 7 at Yonkers and was 2-5, I wouldn't bet any of them. There's a lot of dead money in the pools bet on posts 7 and 8. I haven't bet a horse from 7 or 8 on a half mile track in over two years. Years ago they were my two most profitable post positions...how times change.

pandy
04-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Was the Cane the final? Every time the race does not go according to plan the guy can not make the adjustment. This is what separates drivers. The horse that is getting the lead is just inside of him. Pushing past to the 1st quarter can not be much worse on the horse than driving 3 wide for half a mile. I can't believe he got that close at the wire.

When I watched the race, at the start, there was no way Teague could have known that the first quarter would be so slow. With the stupid way Yonkers runs their races, starting close to the turn, horses that look like they are about to leave suddenly take back for fear of getting caught wide and burned up into the turn. Even George Brennan said that starting the races that way is dangerous and caused him to fall out of the bike recently. Yonkers is awaiting approval from the state racing board to change it...why it's taking so long is anyone's guess. But, this should have been done years ago.

zico20
04-04-2016, 11:00 PM
If Cam Fella, Niatross, or Nihilator, had post 7 at Yonkers and was 2-5, I wouldn't bet any of them. There's a lot of dead money in the pools bet on posts 7 and 8. I haven't bet a horse from 7 or 8 on a half mile track in over two years. Years ago they were my two most profitable post positions...how times change.

If you ever watch Yonkers open races the best horses are assigned the outside posts and they almost always leave from the start, even if they are parked out for the first 1/2 mile or so. They eventually get the lead or get in 2nd or 3rd at some point. Teague had no clue how to drive him, and it showed.

zico20
04-04-2016, 11:02 PM
When I watched the race, at the start, there was no way Teague could have known that the first quarter would be so slow. With the stupid way Yonkers runs their races, starting close to the turn, horses that look like they are about to leave suddenly take back for fear of getting caught wide and burned up into the turn. Even George Brennan said that starting the races that way is dangerous and caused him to fall out of the bike recently. Yonkers is awaiting approval from the state racing board to change it...why it's taking so long is anyone's guess. But, this should have been done years ago.

If Bartlett was driving him, he would have won. Bartlett is great at getting horses to go to the front, from any post position, if the horse has some speed.

pandy
04-04-2016, 11:06 PM
If Bartlett was driving him, he would have won. Bartlett is great at getting horses to go to the front, from any post position, if the horse has some speed.

I can't argue with that. Bartlett is the best gate driver in the sport and he may be the most naturally talented driver in the sport. He's certainly one of the best. I'm surprised that he isn't getting stakes horses to drive at other tracks. Leaving is so critical in harness racing now, and since Bartlett is the best on the front end or in the pocket, if I had a top horse, he would be driving my horse.

caper
04-05-2016, 07:41 PM

He would be absolutely insane to do that. Top horses on his first start of the season for a horse that has years left to race. That's how you put a great horse into a 40k claimer.

pandy
04-05-2016, 07:45 PM
That's the thing, it wasn't the final. People who bet him are sucker's, terrible bet.

jimnancy
04-06-2016, 07:57 AM
He will probably need to win the last two legs to get into the final. He drew the rail this week.

camluck49
04-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Second start he won a 60k race at dover the week before. The horse also had 2 qualifiers. One that went in 150 and a piece. So really the horse was tightened up. Montrell is a B driver at best. Like Paul Mac driving SBSW. That said Wiggle should win the final.

mrroyboy
04-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Not true. He would have still lost a few. But I stand by my original idea. Horse is a monster.
To this day I think that race at Harrington proved it.

zico20
04-16-2016, 11:25 PM
Great race tonight at Yonkers. He was 3-5 and the other horse was 4-5 and they finished in a dead heat. Wiggle broke from the 7 hole and came from 2nd last. :ThmbUp:

MutuelClerk
04-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Watching the video afterwards the two horses were next to each other waiting on the result of the photo. It looked like Montrell got word and left the track thinking they lost by a nose then suddenly it was a dead heat. Did WIJI make the finals?

camluck49
04-17-2016, 01:02 PM
He didnt get enough points. However i think Yonkers will put him in anyways?

pandy
04-17-2016, 01:06 PM

I don't think you can do that. Funny thing, Yonkers moved the finish line but for some reason the NY racing board hasn't approved it. If last night's race had been raced with the shorter stretch and longer start, it would have been an entirely different race. Even if the two favorites had raced off the pace, they would have had to try to go three wide at the three quarters because the stretch wouldn't be long enough. Of course, chances are with the longer distance before the turn they both would have left the gate and the pace would have been a lot faster.

Sea Biscuit
04-17-2016, 03:28 PM

WIJI is out of the final. I think it was stupid of George Teague to miss two prelims legs with WIJI for the Levy.

Here is the list for the final

The probable Levy Series finalists and their points totals are:

1-Bit Of A Legend N 375
2-Mach It So 305
3-Take It Back Terry 275
4-P H Supercam 230
5-All Bets Off 224
6-Lucan Hanover 208
7-Texican N 208
8-Texas Terror N 200​

http://www.drf.com/news/yonkers-wiggle-it-jiggleit-and-bit-legend-n-dead-heat-final-levy-prelim

MutuelClerk
04-17-2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks SB.

titans1127
04-17-2016, 08:19 PM
If the points weren't split for a dead heat, I believe WIJI would have qualified for the final.

Sea Biscuit
04-18-2016, 05:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/iLJ6Qyr.jpg

Video replay

8kqw8c_HRY0

Sea Biscuit
04-18-2016, 04:52 PM
If the points weren't split for a dead heat, I believe WIJI would have qualified for the final.

WIJI would have tied with Texxas Terror N with 200 points.

The only person to blame here for WIJI to miss out on the final is none other than the owner of the horse Mr George Teague himself. The first leg of the Levy was on Mar 19 and WIJI was still on a layoff from last year. The 2nd leg was played out on Mar 26 and what does Teague do? He goes for easy pickings and opts to race WIJI at Dover for a $60,000 purse on Mar 28. Each of the preliminary legs of the Levy had a purse of $50,000 and the final will have a purse of at least $600,000 if not more. If Teague had entered his charge in either of the first two legs or both, he is sure to be in the final. Stupidity beyond belief.Take a look at the final points standings of the Levy eligibles and you will understand better.

http://i.imgur.com/z4gE3nf.png

castaway01
07-23-2016, 09:47 PM
I am only a casual---very casual---harness racing fan, but I've seen this horse win and win and win. For those of you who know something about the sport, how good is he? Is he an all-time great, a great, something less than that?

cj
07-23-2016, 09:59 PM
I am only a casual---very casual---harness racing fan, but I've seen this horse win and win and win. For those of you who know something about the sport, how good is he? Is he an all-time great, a great, something less than that?

He isn't even the best pacer this year, that would be Always B Miki. He beat WIJI pretty easily last two times they faced each other.

pandy
07-23-2016, 10:55 PM

It's so hard to say because the times are so much faster now. I personally would not put him in the class of the all time greats, but I wouldn't argue with anyone who called him a great horse. As CJ noted, right now Always B Miki is the king.

SharpCat
07-24-2016, 05:03 AM
Heres an all-timer maybe the best ever. 20 wins from 21 starts. The one time he lost he was 3 wide threw the 1/2 in 51-4/5 after a 2nd 1/4 in 24-4/5 LOL.

jJvtDaLZ8FQ

XW8C17RqyaA

pandy
07-24-2016, 06:36 AM
On my personal list I don't rank Somebeachsomewhere as high as Cam Fella, Niatross, and Nihilator, because they raced as older horses and accomplished much more. Cam Fella won 28 races in a row. But certainly Somebeachsomewhere was one of the all time great pacers. Funny thing, I never bet him, and I bet against him once in the Meadowlands Pace where I picked Art Official and boxed the exacta and hit it. Albatross was also a great horse that I was fortunate enough to see race the second time I went to the track. Of the horses I didn't see race, you'd have to include Bret Hanover and of course, Dan Patch. But there are others, Adios Butler was the first pacing Triple Crown winner and although I didn't see him race, he is generally regarded as one of the fastest horses of all time and he won 37 of 50 starts.

camluck49
07-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Heres an all-timer maybe the best ever. 20 wins from 21 starts. The one time he lost he was 3 wide threw the 1/2 in 51-4/5 after a 2nd 1/4 in 24-4/5 LOL.

jJvtDaLZ8FQ

XW8C17RqyaA

He had a B driver at best with Paul McDonnell. Wiggle got the 29 3rd quarter and won easy. Despite being parked for 1/2 the mile. Saratoga pools are horrible. I never bet the track. I played a pk4 singling Wiggle. 5k in the pool.

tanner12oz
07-24-2016, 01:30 PM
im not super into harness but even I could see that was a HUGE performance last night..horse is a monster for sure

castaway01
07-25-2016, 10:32 AM
im not super into harness but even I could see that was a HUGE performance last night..horse is a monster for sure

Yeah, that was the race I saw that really impressed me, how much ground he lost early and still won. Good to hear the opinions of those who know a lot more about these horses and get their perspective.

Jess Hawsen Arown
07-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Drawing away with a trip like that on a half mile track is off-the-charts great. Keeping his form for so many races == he is one of the all time greats.

Saratoga_Mike
07-25-2016, 04:05 PM
When's the last time 800 to 900 people gathered around the Saratoga Harness winner's circle area to greet a winner?

cj
07-25-2016, 04:41 PM
When's the last time 800 to 900 people gathered around the Saratoga Harness winner's circle area to greet a winner?

Maybe Foiled Again a few years ago?

Saratoga_Mike
07-25-2016, 04:56 PM
Maybe Foiled Again a few years ago?

Did he win at Saratoga or just race in the Gerrity? Maybe the race attracts a big crowd around the winner's circle every yr. I don't know - this was the first time I've attended it. To me, it felt like when Mack Lobell raced at Saratoga Harness in the mid 80s (almost the entire crowd behind one horse, whether you bet him or not)... much bigger crowd for Mack, though.

cj
07-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Did he win at Saratoga or just race in the Gerrity? Maybe the race attracts a big crowd around the winner's circle every yr. I don't know - this was the first time I've attended it. To me, it felt like when Mack Lobell raced at Saratoga Harness in the mid 80s (almost the entire crowd behind one horse, whether you bet him or not)... much bigger crowd for Mack, though.

Not sure to be honest, I know a world record was set the day I was there but maybe he didn't win.

Saratoga_Mike
07-25-2016, 05:49 PM
The announcer said Dancin Yankee broke the world record in the race a few years back, maybe that's the one.

Zaf
07-25-2016, 11:19 PM
I was there for the Gerrity Saturday night, watched the race outside right next to the winners circle. There was a nice buzz on the apron, nice to see :ThmbUp:

Z

cmp92
07-26-2016, 06:07 PM
The announcer said Dancin Yankee broke the world record in the race a few years back, maybe that's the one.
Yes, Dancin Yankee in 1:48:4. Bolt the Duer set the record in the Gerrity a year before going in 1:49:0, before DY broke it one year later.

I don't believe Foiled Again ever won the Gerrity, he was there when Bolt the Duer won it (FA and Clear Vision raced as an entry that night) and probably when Dancin Yankee won. I was there for Bolt and for WIJI, far bigger crowd and pool for WIJI. I missed the year when Dancin Yankee won and the following year when PH Supercam won it. The applause was much louder for WIJI than it was for Bolt.

The pools may be small but unlike most harness tracks in NY, they actually take care of the place in Saratoga. I love the thoroughbred and harness double header. We've been doing it for years.

cj
07-26-2016, 06:11 PM

Looked it up, was Bolt The Duer in 2013.

cmp92
07-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Looked it up, was Bolt The Duer in 2013.
Broken the following year by Dancin Yankee in 1:48:4.

outofthebox
08-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Great week of racing, with the US Pacing Championship last saturday at the BigM, and tonight the Dan Patch at Hoosier. Have to love the durable standard breeds. WIJI off a second place finish to Shambala last weekend, turned the tables on his weekly rivals and sat a two hole trip after surrendering the lead to favorite Always B MIki, and stormed by way of the passing lane to a one length victory over Miki.
Fan favorite and local hero Freeky Feat Pete suffered his fifth straight loss with another first over trip and faded bad once again in the stretch.
There is no rest planned for WIJI who is scheduled to compete north of the border in Canada in the upcoming weeks. Sure is fun following this sport...

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-14-2016, 10:22 AM
Freaky Feet Pete has certainly taken a step backwards. He needs to dominate some lesser competition for awhile before jumping in with the big boys again.

WIJI is amazing. I can only think of one race where he was not in top form, and in that race he finished second.

zico20
08-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Great week of racing, with the US Pacing Championship last saturday at the BigM, and tonight the Dan Patch at Hoosier. Have to love the durable standard breeds. WIJI off a second place finish to Shambala last weekend, turned the tables on his weekly rivals and sat a two hole trip after surrendering the lead to favorite Always B MIki, and stormed by way of the passing lane to a one length victory over Miki.
Fan favorite and local hero Freeky Feat Pete suffered his fifth straight loss with another first over trip and faded bad once again in the stretch.
There is no rest planned for WIJI who is scheduled to compete north of the border in Canada in the upcoming weeks. Sure is fun following this sport...

I agree. It is great that the top horses run so much, unlike the thoroughbreds who take months between starts.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-14-2016, 05:36 PM
I agree. It is great that the top horses run so much, unlike the thoroughbreds who take months between starts.

The "idiots" running this game don't publicize this enough. Your t-bred virtual stable next-time-outer can stay dormant for months while your s-bred next-time-outer is usually a week or two away.

Plus, when your t-bred next-time-outer goes, he might be at a different distance and/or surface. Then what do you do? :bang:

castaway01
08-14-2016, 09:50 PM
The "idiots" running this game don't publicize this enough. Your t-bred virtual stable next-time-outer can stay dormant for months while your s-bred next-time-outer is usually a week or two away.

Plus, when your t-bred next-time-outer goes, he might be at a different distance and/or surface. Then what do you do? :bang:

You could also argue that that is what makes handicapping thoroughbreds so much more interesting, but you probably wouldn't argue it on the harness racing side of the board (such as ii is).

outofthebox
08-19-2016, 11:16 AM
WIJI traveling up to Quebec this weekend. Once again draws great post #1 of 5. in the $200k Prix D'Ete.

Jess Hawsen Arown
08-19-2016, 03:21 PM
You could also argue that that is what makes handicapping thoroughbreds so much more interesting, but you probably wouldn't argue it on the harness racing side of the board (such as ii is).

I also love handicapping t-breds BECAUSE of all the variables. I shake my head in disbelief when I see somebody betting serious money on the t-breds with that non-DRF book and using some cockamamie system that could not possibly take all of the important variables into consideration.

I was specifically emphasizing the elements that make handicapping harness racing unique and why our dying breed will miss it when it disappears forever in the not too distant future.

IMO, t-bred handicapping is 70% angles and 30% recent past performance while harness racing is 80% past performance and 20% angles. While I truly enjoy cappin' the runners, you have to admit there is significantly more chance of a standardbred keeping his form week-to-week than his high strung, fragile counterpart.

outofthebox
08-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Rockin Ron and Gingras take it to WIJI in the slop and take down the prize money. Gingras smartly popped the gate from the outside and got away with an easy 1/2 in 56 4/5, when WIJI and Montrell Teaque pulled first over by the stands Gingras went in an all out sprint and refused to let WIJI clear and parked him the final i/2 and held on for the win. Excellent drive and race...

Zaf
08-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Yannick Gingras knows that track well hailing from Sorely Tracy Québec. Great recap Outofthebox. :ThmbUp:

Zaf
09-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Did you see that race at Scioto Downs tonight. WOW !!!! :ThmbUp:

Z

Zaf
09-10-2016, 10:24 PM
25.3 53 119 147 world record according to the track announcer.

Z

titans1127
09-10-2016, 11:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dagCNbRta6o

Might have been one of the greatest races I've ever seen.

Zaf
09-10-2016, 11:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dagCNbRta6o

Might have been one of the greatest races I've ever seen.

Yep !

thespaah
09-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Did you see that race at Scioto Downs tonight. WOW !!!! :ThmbUp:

Z
Best darned slug fest I have seen on a harness track in quite some time. And I have seen a lot of them

thespaah
09-11-2016, 06:32 PM
25.3 53 119 147 world record according to the track announcer.

Z
Ties the world record for a 5/8ths mile track. 1:47.0 with Sweet Lou( 2014)
All time all age record is 1:46.4 by Somebeachsomewhere
http://www.ustrotting.com/trackside/world_records/world_records.cfm?list=pace

Augie16
09-11-2016, 07:48 PM
and it was also over an off track.

Zaf
09-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Wiggle it Jiggleit loves an off track as much as Exaggerator :D

Z

cj
09-19-2016, 06:59 PM
You can watch him here tonight in about 40 minutes, race 10 at Harrington.

http://www.harringtonraceway.com/liveracing/video/

Zaf
09-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Thx :ThmbUp:

Z