PDA

View Full Version : Troop Re-enlistment

Secretariat
05-27-2004, 07:52 PM
http://www.sftt.org/cgi-bin/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=Hacks%20Target%20Homepage.db&command=viewone&op=t&id=67&rnd=441.6411948845369

Tom
05-27-2004, 08:32 PM
OK......Ljb.
Read this then you will understand what the war is all about!

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/osama_dummies.jpg :D

Ta-da!

ljb
05-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Wait a minute Tom isn't that Osama on the cover?
Osama is in Afghanistan/Pakistan planning his next attack on innocent Americans. What the hell are we doing in Iraq tearing down and the rebuilding prisons ?
Glad to see you can now post images. Can I expect more humorous photos?

ljb
05-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Sec,
I wonder what some of the rightys in the military have to say about the link you posted? It doesn't look good for them.

hcap
05-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Ljb

In order to understand what we're doing in Iraq you can read extensive geopolitical historical works, but be prepared for weeks of study. However for a simple answer, saving oodles of effort, and eliminating overstressing your brain, take the EASY route. Just like our fearless leader. Just don't think too much, mostly look at the pi'tures. Pesky words give ya headaches

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/bush_presidency_for_dummies.jpg

Secretariat
05-27-2004, 10:49 PM
I think Pa may begin to have reservations about all these postings of images. He must have some kind of space. I know I would although both Tom's and yours are humorous.

PaceAdvantage
05-27-2004, 10:57 PM
You read my mind Sec. That is why I have lowered the limit on picture size. The pictures Tom posted are way too big, and those without a cable modem are going to be a little bothered while they wait for them to load....

That, and I'm already blowing out my bandwidth and disk space limits on a monthly basis....

cj
05-28-2004, 02:59 AM
As a military man, not necessarily a righty as ljb often insists, I am not in the least surprised by this. Of course many won't reenlist. I stated before, when many people enlist, the last thing on their mind is fighting in a war. The are looking for a skill, or college education, or just a way out of a current situation at home. Now that we are at war, reality sets in. There is no school, little family, and it sucks. Some people can do it, some can't. I am not knocking those that can't. It is no fun being in the middle of a foreign land with none of the comforts of home, little contact with family, no leisure time, and most importantly, no set time you can leave.

The military has to get the rotations sorted out or the number of people leaving will continue to grow. I have yet to see a troop complain when sent away for 6 months, at least they have a window and a return date to embrace. Its when you approach that date and find out its not really going to happen that the negativity sets in. It happened to me in Saudi even before the war set in, so I can't really say I am even a little surprised it would happen during the war. I wasn't happy at all, and I've been in 19 years. Imagine how a soldier or airman who has only been in a year or two takes the news!

Secretariat
05-28-2004, 05:24 AM
CJ,

Do you foresee a draft initative after the election? - no matter who gets in.

ljb
05-28-2004, 08:16 AM
cj,
I agree with your post except, the part where you say you are not a righty.
Carry on, carry on....

Tom
05-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Sorry for the big picture, PA. Ljb doesn't see it anyway (hehehe)
Not that I understant it, I won't post big stuff anymore.:D

PaceAdvantage
05-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Actually, there are ways to display big pictures that aren't so big in file size....you just have to reduce the quality a bit....

cj
05-29-2004, 02:59 PM
I don't really see a draft. That is supposed to be what the ANG and Reserves are for these days. The troop management just needs to be handled better.

sq764
05-29-2004, 04:38 PM
A draft would be interesting.. Particularly after they just put the news out that Pat Tilman was killed by friendly fire, most likely..

I am sure that for those people that underestimated the ugliness of war, it may have hit home even harder.. Not to mention increased people's fear of going into the services..