PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Getaway Part ll

Suff
05-27-2004, 04:15 PM
I know a few guys sent me a note they've been trying to call me.

I'm tough right now. I took a Job 4 nights a week 6-10Pm and no sooner did I grab that, did the union hall call and brought me into the office for the summer. I'm working 2 jobs... 8-4:30 m-f and sunday to thurs 6-10... I'm humping. Need the cake.

Anway.. Great news! We have the festival tents seats paid for. All set.. TRravers Day to the 28th... Locked and loaded...

Got this from Helena today , re: the cottages

Good Morning Mike ,

How are you doing this morning? I finally got to my desk last night and I wanted to get through to you and let you know that I am holding 2 places (#6 & #7) for you. The cost would be $590.00 per week for each places and if you want extra days, it would be $84.oo per day. I would not put more than 3 men in them, if I were you, so if you need more room let me know as soon as possible. I had penciled you in on another place if you need it. The price is the same as the other 2. Remember there is a 4% tax that the county is making us charge, so add that to your cost. I will be looking for your email.

Take care.

Its on Boys.

Best time to reach me by telephone is 5:am to 6:00 am
or between 10:30 and 11:00pm DURING THE WEEK.. NO LATER.
781-285-0586 ROOM 101.

I'm straight out building my kitty back up... I'll be around the board this weekend. Can't wait to see all you guys..

SUFF

BillW
05-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Medium rare with a baked potato? :D

8/21/2004 The Alabama I 750,000 F3YO 1 1/4
8/21/2004 The Hopeful I 250,000 2YO 7 Furlongs
8/22/2004 The Saratoga Breeders' Cup II 250,000 3&UP 1 1/4
8/23/2004 The Lake Placid Handicap II 150,000 F3YO 1 1/8 (Turf)
8/25/2004 The Albany Stakes NYB 150,000 added 3YO 1 1/8
8/26/2004 The Union Avenue NYB 65,000 added F&M 3&UP 6 Furlongs
8/27/2004 The Personal Ensign Handicap I 400,000 F&M 3&UP 1 1/4
8/28/2004 The King's Bishop I 250,000 3YO 7 Furlongs
8/28/2004 The Travers I 1,000,000 3YO 1 1/4
8/28/2004 The Fourstardave H. II 200,000 3&UP 1 1/16 (Turf)
8/28/2004 The Victory Ride 65,000 added F3YO 6 Furlongs
8/29/2004 The Ballerina I 250,000 F&M 3&UP 7 Furlongs

That's all the formatting I have the patients for, you get the idea :cool:

No, the 29th isn't a mistake, just wishful thinking.

Bill

IRISHLADSTABLE
05-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Bill,
Looks Good Cant Wait

Jimmy

Tom
05-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Nuthin like a nice "stake" dinner. :D

Maxspa
05-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Suff,
I had the unfortunate luck(for a YankeeFan) to attend my daughter's graduation at Bentley in Boston on the 15th. When I asked if I could make a Preakness bet, I was told go to Suffolk I guess Beantowners don't have access to O.T.B. CURSE of the BABE????
I am not definite at this time for a return Spa visit. Should I see my way clear, I will be staying at my son's place so I won't affect the motel numbers. However, should my situation include the Spa, I volunteer to make three airport trips to pick up P.A. members. I'll let you know for sure as early as possible.
Glad you are back out of harms way!
Maxspa

Suff
05-28-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Maxspa
Suff,
I had the unfortunate luck(for a YankeeFan) to attend my daughter's graduation at Bentley in Boston on the 15th. When I asked if I could make a Preakness bet, I was told go to Suffolk I guess Beantowners don't have access to O.T.B. CURSE of the BABE????
Maxspa

Nope.. No OTB's in MA. Just the 5 or 6 tracks. Congrats on your daughters graduation! How's your son's training going?

Helena says 3 but we all know the Couch in the little Living room opens to a full... so its 4 easy.. couple of nights we had 5 in my place. Probably going to end up getting cottages 5 and 5a as well...

We'll see how the next month shapes up. . I have a big group committed ... It'll be a hum dinger.... another free for all of all horse all day , all night...

Breakfast with the horseys. Seminars, Backside, The oklahoma, Raucus festival tent, Hall of fame.. THE NEW RACINO across the street, Polo Match's, Saratoga Springs downtown, Golfing the dark day, Big Dinners out after a great day at the track, POLO! , Lake George! We are taking the place by storm again!!!!

PurplePower
05-28-2004, 11:40 PM
These are best dates for me. Suff I sent you a more detailed message but your box is full (and your plate, too it sounds like.)

joeprunes
05-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi Mike how could it be Travers day to the 28th when Travers is the 28th, maybe I missed something??jp

IRISHLADSTABLE
05-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by joeprunes
Hi Mike how could it be Travers day to the 28th when Travers is the 28th, maybe I missed something??jp

Joe ,
I think Mike meant The Alabama 8/21 Thur The Travers 8/28 .

Jimmy

stuball
05-30-2004, 02:28 PM
Hi

Can anyone tell me what airport I would arrive at for Saratoga getaway? I want to check out airfare.....

Stuball

Whirlaway
05-30-2004, 02:42 PM
Albany is about a half hour away; Boston about 3 hours.

BillW
05-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by stuball
Hi

Can anyone tell me what airport I would arrive at for Saratoga getaway? I want to check out airfare.....

Stuball

Albany is where we are expecting arrivals. Because of the small number of arriving flights (and the options on arrival time) some of us are arriving the night before so we will be ready to head up the road early Sat.

This year will be quite a bit easier though, we are not getting there on Travers day. Last year we saw the worst (traffic/crowds etc.) on arrival.

BillW
05-30-2004, 04:06 PM
As a follow up to arriving last year on Travers day, this year we will be there for the whole week building up to the Travers. I understand it gets pretty crazy in town in the evenings., and it wasn't bad last year. :cool:

Bill

Suff
05-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by PurplePower
These are best dates for me. Suff I sent you a more detailed message but your box is full (and your plate, too it sounds like.)

Reid

You were a great part of the fun last year and I'm sure the guys you met are looking forward to seeing you again. And the guys that missed you last year are in for a treat. Resend that PM. I emptied my Box... Gracias

Mike

Tom
05-30-2004, 07:08 PM
I am looking forward to meeting the Great Purple One! :D

Suff
06-20-2004, 02:28 AM
Gents

We're all set for Toga Deuce. We got the Tickets for the festival Tents in the Mail this week.!@ I sent Whispering Pines a small deposit.. and that that. Its stone. Start Your engines. I have a very Full slate of guys that are either Bunking down at WP and/or Joining is in the Tent. Good crowd. Another Classic No Doubt.

Please drop me a line if your thinking of Coming or what your tentative Plans are.

Off the Top of my head while sitting here at 2:33 AM,,

I expect to see.. Myself and 2 friends of mine, Charlie, Johhny, CJ, PA, Zafonic, hammer with a friend, Trijack, Bhudda, Andicap, Purple Power, RedKnave, Tom, Bubble and his Dad, JOe Prunes, Winmanwin, Sam I am, Bill W, Joe G, Maxspa, Pat, Irishladstable,

And I'm probably forgetting 4 or 5,,,and we'll no doubt Pick up a few late stragglers.

This year might be a wee different. We talked alot of Politics and I was thinking about a rule,,, actually I'm torn

Either

1. No Talking Politics , or

2. You can only talk Politics if your drunk and Holding a stick!

hehe

Tom
06-20-2004, 08:53 AM
Can we bet on #2? LOL

BillW
06-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Suff

1. No Talking Politics , or

2. You can only talk Politics if your drunk and Holding a stick!

hehe

How about stall muckings at 10 paces :eek:

Bubbles
06-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Me and SilverSow will be up at Saratoga for a few days, don't know exact dates yet, though. We DO know that we won't be staying overnight up there.

Buddha
06-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Right now it is looking good for me ot be there the whole week. All I can say is that Suff is da man for setting this up, and no better place to do it than 'Toga.

Storm Cadet
06-20-2004, 03:36 PM
We start sports the week before at my university, but I'll definitely try to make it there sometime that week...I'll be staying in Albany and drive in each day!

I hope Elliott WAlden schedules a race for my horse sometime that week!

Ron

Suff
06-20-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Storm Cadet
We start sports the week before at my university, but I'll definitely try to make it there sometime that week...I'll be staying in Albany and drive in each day!

I hope Elliott WAlden schedules a race for my horse sometime that week!

Ron

Yea.. Last year it hit at the same time. I thinks its time you used the old saver
"I can't make it to work this week"

Why?

"Personal family business" "Its urgent and unavoidable"

Thats what I'm using... I have two months to fine tune it.

I never mis toga , therfore I bring out my big guns

Crocidile tears, A medical File in my hand, Unshaven, the whole works.

andicap
06-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Looks like the last weekend for me....not sure how many days, probably about three, Thurs-Sat. I'll try and get Wed. as well, but I'm going to have to do something extraordinarily nice for my wife to get her to stay with our daughter an extra day (she's on vacation for two weeks. We're actually coming up to the Spa the following week after our outing for a three-day mini vacation.)

Would have been easier for me to extend the trip at the end, through Monday the 30th, but c'est la vie.

Is anyone thinking of staying past the 28th at other accomodtations???

joeprunes
06-21-2004, 07:03 PM
Hey guys last year it seemed we all kept our horses to ourselves and we cheered against each other.

How about we all chip in with a kitty so we all can handicap a certain race together and cheer together ,at least for one race any way.

Were family now and I think it would be fun and we can party with our winnings, thoughts..jp

Suff
06-21-2004, 07:26 PM
you remember last year when we put together a PIK4 ticket.. and I ran up to put it in,, and the lines were soooo long that I knew I wasn't going to get in it,,, and Jerry Porticelli was walking by and I was screaming at him,,, JERRY<<< GET ON YOUR RADIO AND ORDER A SLOW LOAD! SLOW LOAD JERRY !! CALL IT IN...!! lol,,, everyone was looking at me like I was insane...as I am.. Needless to say.. I DID get shut out and we hit it for 33 hunge... Bummer. I had a ka-nip-shit that day

who was rooting against you.. I was rooting for everybody.. Of course it helped that I went up 2 grand after days 1 & 2.

I was spending money like I was going to the electric chair in the Morning....and I went down for the count after 10n days,,, but I was king'ing it at the spa from day 1 to day 9,,,, great time last year.
Joe,, You want to play golf one morning instead of Tuesday dark day? I was thinking about taking the boys to Cooperstown for a Baseball of fame.

another thing,,, whats the name of that resturant you reccommended to me lats year? we ate there 4 or 5 times,, the guys really liked it,, I want to make a reservation for dinner after the Alabama on the 21st

BillW
06-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Suff
you remember last year when we put together a PIK4 ticket.. and I ran up to put it in,, and the lines were soooo long that I knew I wasn't going to get in it,,, and Jerry Porticelli was walking by and I was screaming at him,,, JERRY<<< GET ON YOUR RADIO AND ORDER A SLOW LOAD! SLOW LOAD JERRY !! CALL IT IN...!! lol,,, everyone was looking at me like I was insane...as I am.. Needless to say.. I DID get shut out and we hit it for 33 hunge... Bummer. I had a ka-nip-shit that day

Hell, the rest of us thought you took the money and ran off to Asia with it :eek: :D :eek: :D

JustRalph
06-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Suff....or somebody..........send me the dates again........I am trying to come up with a few days to get up there..........

BillW
06-21-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Suff....or somebody..........send me the dates again........I am trying to come up with a few days to get up there..........

8/21 -> 8/28 (Saturday thru Saturday)... last day is Travers day

joeprunes
06-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Suff the name of the restaraunt is Water House in lake Lazerne on route 9n. Yes we can golf in the morning . God just talking about Toga I`m getting excited, only thing it also means end of summer and thats a bummer..jp

BillW
06-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by joeprunes
Suff the name of the restaraunt is Water House in lake Lazerne on route 9n. Yes we can golf in the morning . God just talking about Toga I`m getting excited, only thing it also means end of summer and thats a bummer..jp

Can't forget that name ... the first time we went up there, there was 3 inches of water in the parking lot from a cloud burst. :D

BTW, there was a good blues band playing up there one night last year... for those so inclined we ought to plan on a few beers and some blues.

Bill

Tom
06-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Beer?
Live Blues?
Uh, are we there yet?:D