PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk Raceway 20 Cent Triactors

codysakic
05-26-2015, 04:50 PM
So Friday I was at the track with a couple of buddies. They were losing their @sses betting Santa Anita. I didn't bet SA that day because I just didn't like the card. I won't play and bet hard earned money on races I don't like. My buddies aren't really handicappers. They only play win bets on mid/longshot horses. Which usually means they lose a lot of money.

So I started betting the .20 Cent Tris at Mohawk and was doing pretty well. I never spent more than 4.00 on a single ticket and hit it 4 different times. They payoffs weren't extraordinary by any means but I was hitting them for 13-20 bucks off a 3 or 4 dollar bet.

The only problem is the track I go to (Retama Park) only simulcasts Mohawk when they want to. Some days they do and some days they don't. The only other harness track I play is Pocono because they have the .50 Tri and I have hit a few that were well over a hundred bucks.

I know Woodbine TB and Harness also offer this bet. I like it. To me at least I was able to think outside the box while looking at the PPs and was able to have decent betting options since it is such a small bet. Something I wouldn't typically do if I was playing for a dollar.

I usually go to the track to relax and have fun. Handicapping and watching racing from all over the place. That's the best part. If you go to the track thinking you're gonna get rich, it takes the fun out of it. My buddies found it out the hard way that day when they both lost about 220 and I walked out 84 to the good after paying for some chicken wings and 3 oat sodas.