PDA

View Full Version : Parx final fractions

lamboguy
05-26-2015, 12:27 AM
all day long i was watching horses coming home in 14 seconds or more, its been this way for the last couple of weeks.

this is not good for the horse, i can't believe what i am going to say, but the guy in charge of track maintanance there is 10 times worst than the guy at Mountaineer. at least at the mountain watching the bias of the track is somewhat comical, in Parx its very sad what it is doing to the horses.

since the new racing secretary has taken over in Parx the handle has gone up because the field size has gone up. the reason why the field size has gone up is because he writes his book around the horse he has on the track, all cheap ones. the guy basically got rid of condition starter allowances and caters to horse population not horseman's demands. i can't really knock what he is doing, but there should be some type of balance. there are very few msw races there lately. that can't be to good going out in time.

one thing consistant with the racing game these days is incompetance. one mistake today leads to 5 mistakes tomorrow. its like that in almost every faccet of the game these days.

ultracapper
05-26-2015, 02:03 AM
Tough to build an allowance program without MSW races. But it's tough to knock increased field size. I guess he's got what he's got.

lamboguy
05-26-2015, 08:27 AM
today the temperature might hit 90 degrees in Philadelphia. those horses that run will be exhausted coming down the land and might collapse right on the track. i really hope they don't run and work on the surface, its to demanding on the horses the way it is.

reckless
05-26-2015, 12:29 PM
The new racing secretary, Chris Elliott, is from New England, and I hope he was given the green light to rid the joint of the cliques and to create a better racing environment for both horsemen, fans and bettors.

I heard last week that Ambrose Pascucci (Timely Writer's exercise rider) has brought up a bunch of horses from Florida --maybe as high as 40, I am told--to race there this summer.

lamboguy
05-26-2015, 02:13 PM
its Sam Elliot, he used to be Dodie Duys agent. she used to fight with Carl Gamberdella.

Dominic Galluscio was Ambrose's cousin.