PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Food Trucks

HalvOnHorseracing
05-23-2015, 10:37 PM
I had a friend go out to Monmouth today and he said they got turned away because there was no more room. It was food truck day or something. Has anyone heard any similar stories?

Pensacola Pete
05-24-2015, 03:23 AM
The Jersey Shore Food Truck Festival holds a three day Memorial Day weekend at Monmouth. It draws quite a few people, most of whom probably aren't bettors.

alhattab
05-24-2015, 07:51 AM
I had a friend go out to Monmouth today and he said they got turned away because there was no more room. It was food truck day or something. Has anyone heard any similar stories?

I was there for the day- for the racing not the food trucks. Attendance was 23,400. Typical Saturday maybe 10k. The lines for the food trucks were insane. Lots of unhappy people if you believe the comments on Mth's Facebook page are representative of the public at large. Heard the traffic was a horror show too. I don't know why people put themselves through the torture. People bitching about Mth put I don't know how you get the additional 13,000 people to 30 food trucks. If you assume 3,000 of the 13,000 go to one of the trucks that's 100 people per truck. Even if each person takes 3 minutes to serve that's 300 minutes or 5 hours. Not sure how they can make this work without pissing people off which appears to be the end result.

Racing was pretty good though! Memorial Day card looks really good too.

Brogan
05-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Reminds me of the Yogi Berra quote:

"Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded."

alhattab
05-24-2015, 08:07 AM
Days like yesterday remind me that there are a lot of clueless people out there. Everyone takes the same route to the track, is shocked by the crowd, doesnt bring in their own drinks,etc. if any PA members plan on hitting Mth for the Haskell or anytime really and don't know much about logistics give one of the locals a shout for some advice.

wonatthewire1
05-24-2015, 04:09 PM
parked in Woodbridge and took the train
no problem

onefast99
05-26-2015, 08:11 AM
Good crowd yesterday. The lines at the food trucks moved along at a decent pace. A few of the trucks seemed to have issues with getting the food out quickly to their customers. Overall a good day for both racing and food!

alhattab
05-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Good crowd yesterday. The lines at the food trucks moved along at a decent pace. A few of the trucks seemed to have issues with getting the food out quickly to their customers. Overall a good day for both racing and food!

Overall just a fantastic weekend at Monmouth so long as you weren't interested in buying food and have just a bit of a clue. Racing was very good- Monday's card especially. Good prices, logical long shots, decent fields, spectacular weather and good crowds yet still pretty easy to bet. I was there all 3 days for every race- the beach was a bit chilly plus the water is too cold for swimming!

onefast99
05-26-2015, 12:12 PM
Overall just a fantastic weekend at Monmouth so long as you weren't interested in buying food and have just a bit of a clue. Racing was very good- Monday's card especially. Good prices, logical long shots, decent fields, spectacular weather and good crowds yet still pretty easy to bet. I was there all 3 days for every race- the beach was a bit chilly plus the water is too cold for swimming!
My only low point of the day a horrendous ride by Paco on Gossip Column in the 6th. Worst case scenario I finish second!

alhattab
05-26-2015, 12:29 PM
My only low point of the day a horrendous ride by Paco on Gossip Column in the 6th. Worst case scenario I finish second!

Didn't recall that but I don't own the horse. Hyman Roth won by about a furlong anyway so second would seem like a best case!