PDA

View Full Version : What's the matter w/Rosario

sammy the sage
05-23-2015, 09:23 PM
Today...4 bad rides..2 very bad...1 he'll get days for...probably start losing mounts...

Did look before posting this...seems as there are 15+ old threads w/him as the headliner...but today was special 5//23/15...

and I don't have a clue...drugs or alcohol or paid off or women or wtf....

ps...had NO SKIN in any of his races today...just an observation...

holmmd
05-24-2015, 11:21 AM
I'm a Rosario fan and think he's been struggling for a while.

tanner12oz
05-24-2015, 12:05 PM
I think he had done winners preakness day

ReplayRandall
05-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Sammy, Rosario just had an off day. Preakness day results were good, here's his standings nationally for this year:
6 Joel Rosario 408 58 81 62 $4,753,257 $11,650 14% 201 49%

Stillriledup
05-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Sammy, Rosario just had an off day. Preakness day results were good, here's his standings nationally for this year:
6 Joel Rosario 408 58 81 62 $4,753,257 $11,650 14% 201 49%

I think Sammy's point might be that Rosario is just "blending in" and not standing out like he's supposed to be. He's riding like "just another guy" and when you take into consideration the elite mounts he's riding, he's really doing worse than meets the eye, in other words he's doing the bare minimum since he's riding ferraris and not etzels.

ReplayRandall
05-24-2015, 04:44 PM
I think Sammy's point might be that Rosario is just "blending in" and not standing out like he's supposed to be. He's riding like "just another guy" and when you take into consideration the elite mounts he's riding, he's really doing worse than meets the eye, in other words he's doing the bare minimum since he's riding ferraris and not etzels.
Of course, that's what Sammy meant. I keep forgetting that you're the smartest poster on PA, SRU... :cool:

Tall One
05-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Etzels

ultracapper
05-24-2015, 06:17 PM
Etzels

HAHA. Yeah, Etzel Dodge.

Tall One
05-24-2015, 06:36 PM
Riders get in funks just like we all do. Rosario will still get all the live mounts he wants just like McPeek's horse today at BEL. He'll be fine..he'll get some SRU redemption in the Belmont.. ;)

NJ Stinks
05-25-2015, 12:48 AM
I lost the 3rd race exacta on Saturday at Belmont when Rosario's mount was dq'ed from second. Why Joel hit Orient Harbor that last time with the whip in his right hand is beyond me. Obviously, Orient Harbor was lugging in. It was lucky nobody was hurt when contact was made with Castellano's mount.

dirty moose
05-25-2015, 02:05 AM
He's a jockey, they're all scum. **** em all.

burnsy
05-25-2015, 10:41 AM
He's a jockey, they're all scum. **** em all.

What does one turn into at 205 am Memorial Day weekend after one too many???...........a Dirty Moose........ :rolleyes:

sammy the sage
05-25-2015, 07:46 PM
What does one turn into at 205 am Memorial Day weekend after one too many???...........a Dirty Moose........ :rolleyes:

written a by a self medicated...I just spewed ALL over my moniter :lol: :D ...

thanks for this website.... :cool:

SuperPickle
05-27-2015, 03:47 PM
I got to defend him a little bit on here. If you go back and look at his ride in Friday's 7th on the McPeek horse The Truth or Else its about as perfect a ride as is humanly possible. He used horse early to put away one of Kiran's two runners and then wait for the other one to make his move and then out kicked him. There's probably like 10 riders on earth who could do what he did.

Then his ride on Groovy A on the last on Saturday was great. He hustled the horse out of the gate, got a clear lead and simply got run down by the Morley firster who was a better horse.

I don't think he's ride bad I think he just didn't have a lot of good mounts. This weekend at Belmont was a lot of crappy races coupled with state bred stakes. This is not exactly what Ron Anderson does well.

Next weekend when the real horses show up he'll be back.

pandy
05-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Riders get in funks just like we all do. Rosario will still get all the live mounts he wants just like McPeek's horse today at BEL. He'll be fine..he'll get some SRU redemption in the Belmont.. ;)

They ALL get into slumps, as you say. Same in harness racing.

pandy
07-05-2015, 04:02 PM
I'm surprised how much Rosario's stock has actually slipped. I was very surprised that he didn't have the ride on Tonalist yesterday, after winning the Belmont Stakes and Jockey Gold Cup with the horse. I think he knows how to rate the horse better than anyone. But he came through with a win in the Belmont Derby Inv. with a purse of 1.25 million, so he had a good day.

chenoa
07-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in California in the future. I lost confidence betting this guy, got too many bad/questionable rides.

pandy
07-05-2015, 10:41 PM
I would be surprised if he does that. He did slump a bit but he's still having a good year and it's much better being in NY and riding Florida in the winter and then the Keeneland meets, much better chance of picking up top horses.