PDA

View Full Version : Guttsta Pay Attention

BIG RED
05-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Ever have one of those days where you spend time handicapping all morning, but your forgetting something. Like when you put all your bets in for the day, that way you can get things done elsewhere, you get back a little later, turn on the racing and it's pouring rain. So now you click over to another track, and all the grass races are off the turf .

Well, that was me yesterday. Shut off everything and went out. I could see the price I'm going to pay for not paying attention. But, instead of what usually happens, something different happened. Four horses were involved. Two were scratched at AP, no bets. CD's pick's race came off the turf, and he still won. pd. $4.40. Then over at BEL I liked the 1a only in the 9th.The 1a was scratched, but the 1 wins and pays over $35.00!

We all know about bad luck and superstition and such, but does anyone have any stories of screwing up, and yet, things go right?
It don't happen to often:D

OTM Al
05-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Girlfriend got a nice exacta payoff one day when she made the wrong bet (gave the numbers she liked for the wrong track). F**ed up in reverse is my catch phrase for such situations.

As to the 1 vs 1a thing, I wonder about that sometimes. I can imagine sly trainer knowing the 1a is primed and ready to go and scratching the 1 (or vice versa) to pump the odds on what he considers the better animal. I can't check this out on my own because my db as it stands right now does not flag paired entries. Be interesting to see trainer %s when one part of an entry is scratched.

BIG RED
05-27-2004, 10:26 PM
I've had thoughts on that 1, 1a thing also. I wonder how it would come up if the strongest part of the couple gets scratched. Win percent should be lower, but return could be very positive. Might be worth checking into, but the entry scratched has to be the one that should have taken the race.