PDA

View Full Version : New Announcers at Woodbine and Emerald Downs

andtheyreoff
05-22-2015, 08:40 PM
For anyone that didn't hear, Robert Geller, the long-time voice of Emerald Downs, will be taking over at Woodbine, beginning on June 13.

Matt Dinerman, recent graduate of Chapman University in California, will be taking over at Emerald.

Big congratulations to both! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Shelby
05-23-2015, 10:06 AM
Congrats to Mr. Geller and Mr. Dinerman!

Is Dan Moiselle (sp) retiring?

marksinger
05-23-2015, 11:25 AM
he retires May 31.
I think his voice is very annoying.
Tampa Bay announcer is the absolute worst.
Mark

Stillriledup
05-23-2015, 03:23 PM
he retires May 31.
I think his voice is very annoying.
Tampa Bay announcer is the absolute worst.
Mark

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101119&highlight=tampa+announcer

Tom
05-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Dan Loiselle is part of the charm of Woodbine.
I am not looking forward to the change at all.

Stillriledup
05-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Dan Loiselle is part of the charm of Woodbine.
I am not looking forward to the change at all.

I agree, that guy will be a tough act to follow. Great announcer.

SmartyParty
05-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Robert Geller is one of the top track announcers in the United States. No, Emerald Downs and Sunland are not top racetracks, but he is a great caller and has been since he began in Australia and then moved to Hong Kong. Woodbine will embrace and enjoy Robert.

Tall One
05-24-2015, 04:05 PM
Robert Geller is one of the top track announcers in the United States. No, Emerald Downs and Sunland are not top racetracks, but he is a great caller and has been since he began in Australia and then moved to Hong Kong. Woodbine will embrace and enjoy Robert.

I caught a few of EMD's races yesterday. Thought Geller did a great job, and should hit the ground running up at Woodbine.

ultracapper
05-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Geller has been the caller at Emerald Downs since the day they opened. He has been absolutely outstanding and will be missed greatly. HE will be a tough act to follow. He certainly earned a chance at a bigger audience than what he's been playing to. I'll bet this isn't his last stop either. He may prove to be one of the elites one day.

ArlJim78
05-24-2015, 06:22 PM
I'll miss Loiselle's signature sound and style at Woodbine. I think he's one of the best. Having said that they've made a great choice going with Geller to replace him.