PDA

View Full Version : Martin Garcia

minethatbird08
05-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Anyone think Baffert drops Garcia as a regular rider? Garcia put on two shit show rate jobs with Luminance and Dortmund; and I noticed he was replaced by Espinoza on Give me the Loot earlier on the card.

Baffert has a tenuous relationship with jockeys and he has already fired Garcia once.

This isn't sour grapes; I didn't play the Preakness and my BES was lost even if Luminance hits the board.

Some_One
05-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Garcia didn't have much of a choice, AP and Z wanted the lead and went 22's for it. Still ran much better then Firing Line.

minethatbird08
05-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Garcia didn't have much of a choice, AP and Z wanted the lead and went 22's for it. Still ran much better then Firing Line.

True but then why let them crawl in the BES? and why was he replaced on Bafferts horse earlier on the card?

I'm just trying to stir things up.

Augenj
05-16-2015, 08:17 PM
AP had been in the slop before and Dortmond had not. Garcia had Dortmond positioned perfectly entering the far turn but couldn't stay with the winner. He lost fair and square.

PaceMasterT
05-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Anyone think Baffert drops Garcia as a regular rider? Garcia put on two shit show rate jobs with Luminance and Dortmund; and I noticed he was replaced by Espinoza on Give me the Loot earlier on the card.

Baffert has a tenuous relationship with jockeys and he has already fired Garcia once.

This isn't sour grapes; I didn't play the Preakness and my BES was lost even if Luminance hits the board.

I was watching on twinspires and didn't hear the interview after Garcia won the Sir Barton, but my brother's friend was at the track and he said it sounded like he was told to let American Pharaoh have his way. So, that ride was by design. Dortmund was just a warm body and the rain provided a great cover. I don't think he could have beaten AP, but he didn't make it difficult.

minethatbird08
05-16-2015, 09:15 PM
I was watching on twinspires and didn't hear the interview after Garcia won the Sir Barton, but my brother's friend was at the track and he said it sounded like he was told to let American Pharaoh have his way. So, that ride was by design. Dortmund was just a warm body and the rain provided a great cover. I don't think he could have beaten AP, but he didn't make it difficult.

I will give him that but still the BES he should have had all the early speed and let Keen Pauline off with slow fractions. Also, Why did he get dropped from Gimme da Loot? I think AP was clearly better after the Derby; I ain't talking winning I am just talking riding to win.

Relwob Owner
05-16-2015, 09:56 PM
I will give him that but still the BES he should have had all the early speed and let Keen Pauline off with slow fractions. Also, Why did he get dropped from Gimme da Loot? I think AP was clearly better after the Derby; I ain't talking winning I am just talking riding to win.

I had NBC on in the background and I am pretty sure they were talking about it and there was a reason he got taken off GDL which didn't involve any conflict with Baffert. Maybe someone else was listening too and can confirm.

Cratos
05-16-2015, 10:33 PM
AP had been in the slop before and Dortmond had not. Garcia had Dortmond positioned perfectly entering the far turn but couldn't stay with the winner. He lost fair and square.
A very good summation; the best horse won the Preakness and I am a Dortmund supporter.

Dortmund might rebound in the Belmont, but I have my doubts about his connections running him in that race.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund is not moved away from Baffert and this is not a condemnation of Baffert's handling the horse, but Baffert is human and the TC again is within his reach.

Therefore it is inconceivable by me that Baffert would be training another horse to thwart his chances of winning the TC.

Relwob Owner
05-16-2015, 10:52 PM
A very good summation; the best horse won the Preakness and I am a Dortmund supporter.

Dortmund might rebound in the Belmont, but I have my doubts about his connections running him in that race.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund is not moved away from Baffert and this is not a condemnation of Baffert's handling the horse, but Baffert is human and the TC again is within his reach.

Therefore it is inconceivable by me that Baffert would be training another horse to thwart his chances of winning the TC.

Not sure I see this happening...Baffert has burned a lot of Shah's money and Shah has still stuck with him thus far.

JustRalph
05-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Baffert thanked Garcia after the race.......

Robert Fischer
05-17-2015, 02:16 AM

No. he was happy with the Preakness.

judd
05-17-2015, 09:45 AM
There's an ass for every saddle