PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Kind of Funny

Dan
05-26-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't know if anyone follows American Idol but my wife started watching it this year and of course I got drawn into to.

We only live about 20 miles away from High Point, NC where this Fantasia Boreno is from. This has been the hottest news story for weeks here. Priority over every other news story.

What people don't know is that since her grandmother is the reverend of their church, one of these 'Divine Holiness of the Pentecost' or whatever kind of churches - they have been all over the news.

Obviously, it's the Lord's will that she wins. Having nightly prayer vigils and 'dialing for Fantasia' drives. Then the Govenor of NC was making public announcements yesterday to vote for her. I heard that the governor of Georgia were telling people to vote for the girl from there.

I'm like are you kidding me? Throwing religion and politics into a stupid TV show? And of course tonight, if she doesn't win, the old 'race' card will be played since they have been alluding to that for the last three or four weeks.

It just seems to me that our priorities in this country are really out of whack both religiously and politically. Plus, it seems like the media really likes to create controversies to divide Americans. This time over a TV talent show.

Dan

Tom
05-26-2004, 05:03 PM
From the sounds of the hi-tech dialing devices that are being used, it looks like the Whales are branching out.

PaceAdvantage
05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
SPOILER ALERT

Yeah, I love that race card issue. I guess we have a new race card to pull....2 of the 3 American Idol winners have been black. So should all the white people now shout from the rooftops that American Idol is racist against whites?

The people who made race an issue in American Idol have their heads up their asses. They are the main reason why racism still exists in this country

Dan
05-27-2004, 12:06 AM
PaceAdvantage,

I couldn't agree more.

Well, they don't have to worry now since the winner was black. We don't have to hear this for another year.

I think it was Elton John who was saying Americans were racist after the one black girl out of three was voted off. That surprised me because I thought he should have been playing the 'Gay' card.

Now this is what I don't understand is who was God for? After the show the TV station locally were interviewing people who said they voted for Fantasia because she said she was a Christian.

But then three or four other contestants said they have the faith, too. So, who was God for? I guess they thought since Diana didn't play the 'God' card that she was an atheist or something.

It's kind of like God and sports. If a player wins or like a Nascar driver wins he says God blessed him today. Well, then what is going on when you lose? Is God mad or p***ed at you?

I got the feeling that God really doesn't care. I also know that He sure won't help me at the race track. You know those quickie little telegraphs to the divine throne, "Please, God, let this exacta hit so I can go home with a little dignity."

:)