PDA

View Full Version : Backwheel Danzig Moon

letswastemoney
05-14-2015, 01:15 PM
I finished my final Preakness write-up (https://www.ladyandthetrack.com/news/12721/american-pharoah-in-2015-preakness.html). As I got to the end, I realized there was a lot of speed involved. Sometimes expected speed doesn't materialize, like when Oxbow won two years ago, but it might in this case.

Danzig Moon only has to beat one or two legitimate contenders to reach third or fourth. Backwheeling him under the "big 3" and maybe Divining Rod in the second slot with those 3, is an attractive option.

BlueChip@DRF
05-14-2015, 01:23 PM
AP/ToV cold exacta. Probably not gonna happen, but it won't be the first time that something doesn't happen for me.

letswastemoney
05-14-2015, 01:38 PM
AP/ToV cold exacta. Probably not gonna happen, but it won't be the first time that something doesn't happen for me.I could see Tale of Verve getting fourth if things get insane up front with Dortmund, American Pharoah, Mr. Z in an all out pace war.

Divining Rod, that local horse whose name I can't remember, and Firing Line will all have speed too.

1st time lasix
05-14-2015, 01:50 PM
trifectas and superfecta with a plus 25% takeout in a eight horse field is never "attractive"

letswastemoney
05-14-2015, 04:04 PM
trifectas and superfecta with a plus 25% takeout in a eight horse field is never "attractive"Maybe not. There aren't that many worthwhile creative ideas. Might be a fun race to watch at least.

Robert Fischer
05-14-2015, 05:29 PM
One 'justification' about takeout in the multi-horse exotics goes something like this: "For a trifecta or superfecta, you are supposed to have 2 or 3 or 4 opinions,
And if you count the takeout for the number of opinions it's actually less."

It's an easier comparison for multi-race exotics(pick3 for example) than it is for single-race exotics like the trifecta.

I don't know... I think the takeout is too high. However, I also think that if you have 2 or 3 opinions, it gives you a fair shot at finding an edge.

In the Preakness however, Everyone is gonna have American Pharaoh on top and prominent on their tickets, and if you agree with that, you will find that these tickets aren't going to be great value.

Your 1st opinion ("I think American Pharaoh will win") is canceled-out in terms of trying to get back the 25% take, so now your 2nd/3rd etc.. opinions had better be very strong for you to make a profit.

boys at tosconova
05-14-2015, 07:57 PM
AP/ToV cold exacta. Probably not gonna happen, but it won't be the first time that something doesn't happen for me.

AP wins by 20

FL and dorts get tired keeping up

the distance helps tale of verse get there

no,..this won;t happen. but this is your 100 exacta