PDA

View Full Version : TimeformUS Pace Projector for Preakness...

cj
05-14-2015, 11:42 AM
...and some thoughts on it.

http://timeformusblog.com/2015/05/14/preakness-pace-projector-q-a-with-timeformus-chief-figure-maker-craig-milkowski/

zico20
05-15-2015, 06:43 PM
...and some thoughts on it.

http://timeformusblog.com/2015/05/14/preakness-pace-projector-q-a-with-timeformus-chief-figure-maker-craig-milkowski/

Thanks for the info. Am I the only one who thinks Dortmund is NOT going to the lead. I see Mr Z and FL battling it out on the front with Dortmund and AP sitting right behind them. Dortmund will run a much better race sitting third and making a move on the two of them around the turn. Just a question of if Dortmund can outgun AP down the stretch, which I think he will.

cj
05-15-2015, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Am I the only one who thinks Dortmund is NOT going to the lead. I see Mr Z and FL battling it out on the front with Dortmund and AP sitting right behind them. Dortmund will run a much better race sitting third and making a move on the two of them around the turn. Just a question of if Dortmund can outgun AP down the stretch, which I think he will.

Anything is possible when you have this many horses with really good tactical speed. If Mr. Z tries for the front, I don't think he'll be around long, passed before second turn and done. I wouldn't want to be behind him, he is quirky.

Robert Fischer
05-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Have to give AP some room, so Dortmund will be sent out to the lead in the 2 path.

I'd guess Nakatani would be content to cruise just off Dortmund.

Stevens is a wild-card. If he wants to ride Pharoah instead of Firing Line he could try to come over and box him in, depending on how things set up early, but he may legitimately think he's got a win contender of his own and just try to run the Derby trip back, minus the premature urging.

8 horse field and several stretch-runners, probably will not be a huge jockey's race, but you never know.

ArlJim78
05-15-2015, 09:10 PM
at the half I see Dortmund being pressured by Divining Rod and Firing Line, in fairly close order on the front end, 2 lengths back the next flight will be American Pharoah and Mr. Z.

f2tornado
05-15-2015, 10:18 PM
If I'm the Dortmund rider I try and get in front of AP and make the horse eat dirt for the first time.

sammy the sage
05-15-2015, 10:38 PM
If I'm the Dortmund rider I try and get in front of AP and make the horse eat dirt for the first time.

EXACTLY...as the 2 owner's hate each other...and if A.P...goes to the front so as to prevent that...and...he's quite capable...

will be an interesting race....at least early...and maybe late as well...

DeltaLover
05-15-2015, 11:01 PM
I pretty much agree with how CJ is viewing the pace.

I think that that the faster horses are (in this order)

:2: :7: :1: :8:

Post positions and :2: :1: having the same trainer are making pace estimates interesting..

I think that the :8: needs to press early otherwise he probably will not have much of chance to win the race.. I think that the presence of :7: and :8: increases the possibilities for a very quick pace, which probably will favour the :1:

If the :2: will have a bad start (like in SAD or a bit worse), the :7: might fight for the lead and depending on the intentions of the :1: he might even clear it...

In any case, I think that at some point of the race the :1: will get ahead and then after neither of the :2: :7: or :8: will be able to pass him; he will either win the race or we might see a very strange horse closing on him and .... who knows ... ??...

ReplayRandall
05-15-2015, 11:20 PM
In any case, I think that at some point of the race the will get ahead and then after neither of the or will be able to pass him; he will either win the race or we might see a very strange horse closing on him and .... who knows ... ??...
Delta, if we see a total pace meltdown, this race might bring back memories of Arcangues in BC '93------------>Tale of Verve in a SHOCKER......

DeltaLover
05-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Delta, if we see a total pace meltdown, this race might bring back memories of Arcangues in BC '93------------>Tale of Verve in a SHOCKER......

But this is exactly what we need, A SHOCKER !!!!!!! :) :)

luisbe
05-16-2015, 01:04 AM
I completely agree with you, that's the shocker. I have to key him with the three top horses.

davew
05-16-2015, 01:39 AM

...there are entry level allowance races this horse would not be competitive in ..

thx Craig, I pretty much agree which I hope is a good thing.

ReplayRandall
05-16-2015, 06:38 PM
I pretty much agree with how CJ is viewing the pace.

I think that that the faster horses are (in this order)

:2: :7: :1: :8:

Post positions and :2: :1: having the same trainer are making pace estimates interesting..

I think that the :8: needs to press early otherwise he probably will not have much of chance to win the race.. I think that the presence of :7: and :8: increases the possibilities for a very quick pace, which probably will favour the :1:

If the :2: will have a bad start (like in SAD or a bit worse), the :7: might fight for the lead and depending on the intentions of the :1: he might even clear it...

In any case, I think that at some point of the race the :1: will get ahead and then after neither of the :2: :7: or :8: will be able to pass him; he will either win the race or we might see a very strange horse closing on him and .... who knows ... ??...
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Originally Posted by Luisbe
I completely agree with you, that's the shocker. I have to key him with the three top horses.
Not the ultimate score, but Delta, Luisbe and I will take it...$$..

cj
05-16-2015, 06:43 PM
Not the ultimate score, but Delta and I will take it...$$..

Very nice guys. AP ran the rest of them right off their feet.

luisbe
05-16-2015, 06:52 PM
Not the ultimate score, but Delta, Luisbe and I will take it...$$..
Not me, I got the bad beat.

luisbe
05-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Not me, I got the bad beat.
Actually, you might think: Why this guy didn't invest a couple of more dollars?
Well, that's the only thing I did since I thought the race was unbettable.