PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on Todd....

TheGarMan
05-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I understand Pletcher is supposed to make a decision today on who (if any) he is running in Baltimore...

Sure would like to See "Competitive Edge" entered, but I understand he is leaning away from this in favor of the Woody or the Met.

I also understand the weather (rain) may impact his decisions on the others...

No hurry Todd, I'll just wait right here... :)

rgustafson
05-12-2015, 12:04 PM
He doesn't have a horse in the race.

horses4courses
05-12-2015, 12:06 PM
We'll all know this afternoon, as planned.

40% chance of showers on Sat - down from 60% the other day.

Announced this morning that Materiality is out.

http://www.drf.com/news/preview/materiality-skip-preakness

Robert Fischer
05-12-2015, 12:18 PM
He doesn't have a horse in the race.

Is this an educated guess or have you heard news?

Castellano has commited to Divining Rod (a non-pletcher entry in the Preakness).

IF there is still any chance of a Pletcher entry:
That leaves the door open for regular rider JV to ride Competitive Edge.

minethatbird08
05-12-2015, 12:26 PM
Materiality is passing for the Belmont. Not sure about the others.

PICSIX
05-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Is this an educated guess or have you heard news?

Castellano has commited to Divining Rod (a non-pletcher entry in the Preakness).

IF there is still any chance of a Pletcher entry:
That leaves the door open for regular rider JV to ride Competitive Edge.

Article here:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91927/pletcher-will-not-have-preakness-starter?source=rss

TheGarMan
05-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Well, I guess we know..

No starters for Pletcher in Maryland... :)

Kind of knocks a little bit of the luster off the Preakness, with only 7 entered, but oh boy, wait until the Belmont.

Looks like the "Todd Squad" will be ready and waiting.

ILovetheInner
05-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Article here:
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91927/pletcher-will-not-have-preakness-starter?source=rss

I think it's hysterical Lukas is sending Mr. Z to Pimlico even though the Zayats are saying "no entry!" Years ago, Nerud told him to send Clabber Girl home to be bred and Lukas refused, saying he'd put her on the van after they eon the BC. Nerud a little while later jokingly referred to his trainer having kidnapped his horse, but he did turn her into a millionairess and get a BC 2nd.

TheGarMan
05-12-2015, 01:43 PM
I think it's hysterical Lukas is sending Mr. Z to Pimlico even though the Zayats are saying "no entry!" Years ago, Nerud told him to send Clabber Girl home to be bred and Lukas refused, saying he'd put her on the van after they eon the BC. Nerud a little while later jokingly referred to his trainer having kidnapped his horse, but he did turn her into a millionairess and get a BC 2nd.

Yea, the end of that article is strange... Makes it sound like Lukas took the horse, and is headed to Baltimore... Meanwhile the owner is insisting he wont run... Strange. :confused:

minethatbird08
05-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Yea, the end of that article is strange... Makes it sound like Lukas took the horse, and is headed to Baltimore... Meanwhile the owner is insisting he wont run... Strange. :confused:

Lukas needs to be on the big stage, that is his personality I guess. He probably hates that he doesn't have a horse in the Preakness.

PaceAdvantage
05-13-2015, 01:15 PM
He probably hates that he doesn't have a horse in the Preakness.Yeah. You're probably right.

TheGarMan
05-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Yeah. You're probably right.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: