PDA

View Full Version : TVG on Time Warner Cable

codysakic
05-12-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread. If it is not please feel free to move it. For a while TVG was available on TWC here in Texas. Now all of a sudden it's not. I cant find anything online. Only old reports that it would be available in the Austin/San Antonio area.

I moved over the weekend and had DirecTV for years. I was able to turn on and watch the races anytime I wanted. Now at my new location I can only get TWC and unfortunately TVG isn't a part of any of the TV packages they offer.

Does anybody out there have TWC and can get TVG? Just curious to see if it's a local issue or if it isn't available all together because of some sort of dispute.

The only good thing out of this is before I lived about 40 minutes from then track. Now I live 5 minutes away. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. :D

Tom
05-12-2015, 09:49 AM
It is on TWC in the Rochester NY area.
It is not part any reasonable package - you pay extra ( I won't).

codysakic
05-12-2015, 09:57 AM
Thank you Tom. I thought that might be the case. It has to be some sort of dispute within the region.

thespaah
05-12-2015, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread. If it is not please feel free to move it. For a while TVG was available on TWC here in Texas. Now all of a sudden it's not. I cant find anything online. Only old reports that it would be available in the Austin/San Antonio area.

I moved over the weekend and had DirecTV for years. I was able to turn on and watch the races anytime I wanted. Now at my new location I can only get TWC and unfortunately TVG isn't a part of any of the TV packages they offer.

Does anybody out there have TWC and can get TVG? Just curious to see if it's a local issue or if it isn't available all together because of some sort of dispute.

The only good thing out of this is before I lived about 40 minutes from then track. Now I live 5 minutes away. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. :D
Your best option appears to be RTN on line. I think it's $35 per month.
Now, if you are just a casual player( me) or just a fan, I would have to state that's a bit pricey. If you are a serious player, then yes, it would be worth it.
Ok....I stand corrected. It is just $25 per month for unlimited streaming video and replays. If one pays up front, they get it for $275 or in effect, one month free.
https://www.rtn.tv/package-online.aspx

codysakic
05-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Well living in Texas there is no online wagering so all my bets are done in person at Retama Park. This wouldn't make sense for me just to be able to watch the races at home for fun.

I actually like TVG. Some of their on air talent is incredible. And the others, not so much. Los Alamitos is my favorite track to play and watch. The guys that do The Quarters are great. Dave, Les and Caleb. I've met them before on mu last trip to Los Al.

I even got to sit in the booth with Ed Burgart while he called the 1st race that night. :)

thespaah
05-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Well living in Texas there is no online wagering so all my bets are done in person at Retama Park. This wouldn't make sense for me just to be able to watch the races at home for fun.

I actually like TVG. Some of their on air talent is incredible. And the others, not so much. Los Alamitos is my favorite track to play and watch. The guys that do The Quarters are great. Dave, Les and Caleb. I've met them before on mu last trip to Los Al.

I even got to sit in the booth with Ed Burgart while he called the 1st race that night. :)
I guess you've exhausted your options then..

Appy
05-12-2015, 11:41 PM
Maybe I'll see you at Ratama cody. I have a son living in San Antonio and when I go to see him it's time for a Ratama outing.

FWIW, here in Kansas I have Dish and HRTV+TVG are still part of a basic package. But maybe a Texas style "democracy" does your thinking for you and censors any such evils. The cults there are voter feedlots.

codysakic
05-14-2015, 09:42 AM
So update..........

I finally called TWC yesterday after being told by the cable rep that installed it and via online chat that TVG was not available in my area. Well I spoke to a nice young lady and in just a few minutes she was able to add that channel for me.

It's part of a separate sports package that only costs me 6.99 more a month. I was elated. Got to see some action from Charles Tow, Delta Downs, Pocono Downs and Australian Racing.

The package comes with a couple of soccer channels which I could care less about. But whatever it took I was going to get my horse racing channel back.