PDA

View Full Version : NBA: who's the smartest of the final 8

Valuist
05-11-2015, 04:27 PM
I used statistical criteria in 6 areas: (offense): assists, free throws made, & fewest turnovers; (defense) turnovers forced, fewest offensive rebounds allowed, fewest opponent FT attempted. This was based on regular season data and I only used the final 8 teams. The public still hasn't been giving Memphis much credit. I don't know if they are the most talented team, but they may be the team most likely to play to full potential:

1. Memphis
2. Atlanta
3. LA Clippers
4. Cleveland
5. Golden State
6. Houston
7. Chicago
8. Washington

Stillriledup
05-11-2015, 04:54 PM
But don't you think Memphis plays that way due to their lack of offensive superstars? In other words their "smartness" is a product of not having the personnel.

ReplayRandall
05-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Here's my ranking of best to worst coaching staffs:

1. LA Clippers
2. Chicago
3. Atlanta
4. Golden State
5. Washington
6. Houston
7. Memphis
8. Cleveland

So when blended with your team IQ/power rankings, we get a truer indicator of overall strength(combined lowest is best):

1. LA Clippers- 4
2. Atlanta- 5
3. Memphis- 8
4. Chicago- 9
4. Golden State- 9
6. Cleveland- 12
6. Houston- 12
8. Washington- 13

Valuist
05-11-2015, 11:53 PM
But don't you think Memphis plays that way due to their lack of offensive superstars? In other words their "smartness" is a product of not having the personnel.

Maybe, but there's plenty of other teams who don't have the talent of the teams currently still alive, yet still play stupidly. Gotta give the coaching staff credit, for getting the players to buy into the "team concept", which a lot of players have a hard time doing.