PDA

View Full Version : are u ready for the 8 dolla preakness exacta

boys at tosconova
05-09-2015, 05:24 PM
now u are...

yup....from 70 to 8 in two short weeks..

only question is if AP goes off 2-5 or 1-2

Stillriledup
05-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Im not betting a 2-5 shot who was whipped 32 times in the lane, you can have him at that price.

boys at tosconova
05-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Im not betting a 2-5 shot who was whipped 32 times in the lane, you can have him at that price.

http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/seinfled.gif

Tom
05-09-2015, 09:01 PM
If you had the money to bet enough to make any serious money on a 2-5 shot, you wouldn't need to make the bet in the first place.

Hoofless_Wonder
05-09-2015, 11:53 PM

I'm guessing that the coverage of AP being whipped 32 times in the Derby leads to a better price than 2-5. Maybe 4-5.

I'm not trying to overreact to it, but I don't ever recall a major race like the Derby having the number of whips mentioned.

The Preakness is not the Triple Crown race to make hay in anyway, unless you love the Maryland based longshot to run second or third. It's the Belmont I'm licking my chops over.....

boys at tosconova
05-10-2015, 01:27 AM
never a smart move to bet 2-5 shots to win. seems like the same top horses will be in the race. it's pretty hard to envision anybody else crashing into the number.

AP and FL can both be better than last week..so that puts them even further ahead of the rest

Lemon Drop Husker
05-10-2015, 02:10 AM
What happened to the AP/Dortmund hammer-fest?

Is it now the AP/FL hammer?

What will it be 3 weeks after the Preakness?

Stillriledup
05-10-2015, 06:31 AM
I'm guessing that the coverage of AP being whipped 32 times in the Derby leads to a better price than 2-5. Maybe 4-5.

I'm not trying to overreact to it, but I don't ever recall a major race like the Derby having the number of whips mentioned.

The Preakness is not the Triple Crown race to make hay in anyway, unless you love the Maryland based longshot to run second or third. It's the Belmont I'm licking my chops over.....

I guess it depends on the field size and the post. AP may be over 1-1 just because the pools are so big.

I'm PRAYING he wins easily, that way, i can bet everything i own against him in the Belmont.

castaway01
05-10-2015, 09:04 AM
I guess it depends on the field size and the post. AP may be over 1-1 just because the pools are so big.

I'm PRAYING he wins easily, that way, i can bet everything i own against him in the Belmont.

So, $2?

thaskalos
05-10-2015, 10:25 AM

In this country, it isn't just a matter of betting against the heavy chalk. You must also come up with the winner.

davew
05-10-2015, 11:25 AM

I would be surprised if AP closed less than even money

boys at tosconova
05-10-2015, 11:31 AM
What happened to the AP/Dortmund hammer-fest?

Is it now the AP/FL hammer?

What will it be 3 weeks after the Preakness?

the AP/dorts hammerfest was media driven due to baffert. FL was an equal to dorts before the derby, and now after it he's ahead of him.

Wise Dan
05-10-2015, 05:10 PM
$100 exacta problem solved

boys at tosconova
05-10-2015, 06:00 PM
$100 exacta problem solved

the only 100 exactas you'll find w/ AP will be with horses that can't possibly finish 2nd. getting the impression there won't even be a full field as well.

ILovetheInner
05-10-2015, 07:25 PM
He meant bet it, not get it. If you want to bet a $2 exacta with AP, what's the point? If you had some dying conviction that the only Firing Line could finish 2nd and you were willing to lay down a Benjamin, you'll be getting more than eight bucks back.....if that's how they finish ;)

boys at tosconova
05-10-2015, 07:44 PM
He meant bet it, not get it. If you want to bet a $2 exacta with AP, what's the point? If you had some dying conviction that the only Firing Line could finish 2nd and you were willing to lay down a Benjamin, you'll be getting more than eight bucks back.....if that's how they finish ;)

have to hope somebody other than dorts or frosted gets 3rd..then you might get a 100 triple..getting dorts out is a step in the right direction..but then you have to stare down materiality and frosted,,should both decide to run..the newbies will have a really hard time getting in the number imo

Hoofless_Wonder
05-10-2015, 08:04 PM

While it might set up as a nice "bet against" in the Belmont if AP wins the Preakness, I for one will not be betting big against him.

Unlike last year with California Chrome, I'm thinking AP may be the real deal.

Really SRU, you should save those prayers to The Big Shifter for things more important than a Triple Crown Race. You know, like a shift to "pay the winners" rules....:)

nads1420
05-10-2015, 08:27 PM
he wont win at Belmont.... Something always goes wrong at Belmont... didnt California Chrome get a chunk of his foot ripped off out of the gate last year?

sammy the sage
05-10-2015, 08:28 PM
In this country, it isn't just a matter of betting against the heavy chalk. You must also come up with the winner.

ain't NO TRUER words ever been written here....was AGAINST Big Brown in the Belmont... for a 6 figure score...had everybody covered in P/3/4/6/...multi.times except for SOME horse that shall NOT be named ... :( :( :( :bang: :bang: :bang:

tanner12oz
05-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Brutal...i played against brown too...even knowing the outcome I don't think I could bet da tara

horses4courses
05-10-2015, 09:44 PM
he wont win at Belmont.... Something always goes wrong at Belmont... didnt California Chrome get a chunk of his foot ripped off out of the gate last year?

Forget about the horse.
Victor Espinoza can't win at Belmont - he's like 0 for 659 there.

Dozens posted it here last year.
They were right - it has to be true :rolleyes:

BlinkersOn
05-10-2015, 09:51 PM
I think AP will take the Preakness, and then everyone will be excited and buzzing for a few weeks about the next TC winner. I doubt anyone is going to see that happen with the new horses coming in, and Frosted resting up. I'm sure there are going to be better betting races on that day then the overwhelming favorite, unless he comes in with the longest shot on the board. :rolleyes:

BlinkersOn
05-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Forget about the horse.
Victor Espinoza can't win at Belmont - he's like 0 for 659 there.

Dozens posted it here last year.
They were right - it has to be true :rolleyes:

So true, and besides I have the overwhelming urge to beat Espinoza 32 times with the whip. Belmont is a whole different ballgame. AP will take the Preakness I think. Belmont isn't happening. :(

Espinoza is whip happy. He just got a fine for breaking the skin on Stellar Wind in the Oaks...wonder why it took so long?

Valuist
05-10-2015, 10:25 PM

Watch the 1985 Preakness on You Tube. Ironically, it was Pat Day, who wasn't known for vicious whipping but he hammered Tank's Prospect repeatedly, and the Lukas runner prevailed narrowly.

affirmedny
05-10-2015, 11:57 PM
the AP/dorts hammerfest was media driven due to baffert. FL was an equal to dorts before the derby, and now after it he's ahead of him.

0 for 2 is equal?

Stillriledup
05-11-2015, 02:37 AM
While it might set up as a nice "bet against" in the Belmont if AP wins the Preakness, I for one will not be betting big against him.

Unlike last year with California Chrome, I'm thinking AP may be the real deal.

Really SRU, you should save those prayers to The Big Shifter for things more important than a Triple Crown Race. You know, like a shift to "pay the winners" rules....:)

The Belmont is the greatest race to fade a horse going for the Triple Crown and there's one extra specific reason why and the public never bets the race while keeping this in mind.

Stillriledup
05-11-2015, 02:39 AM
So, $2?

If i can scrape up a buck ninety nine in the next 2 weeks than yeah, $2.

Wiley
05-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Watch the 1985 Preakness on You Tube. Ironically, it was Pat Day, who wasn't known for vicious whipping but he hammered Tank's Prospect repeatedly, and the Lukas runner prevailed narrowly.
Good memory. Tanks Prospect also went bad and did not finish his next and last race, the Belmont.

That was unusual for Day, though he did get into Wild Again real severe in a few of his races too. The TP whipping did stand out to me at the time because it did seem so excessive.

Chiefs Crown sure looked the winner in 85, similar to Street Sense in 07 when Curlin nailed him. Don't remember Albarado abusing Curlin then but can't say he did not.

ILovetheInner
05-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Brutal...i played against brown too...even knowing the outcome I don't think I could bet da tara I am not sure there is any trainer who can so remarkably have a horse look hopeless on paper but pull some surprise out on the track. Did not bet that horse; did not bet at all that day. But in my experience, if you are trying to beat a layover and Zito is in the race - throw him in. With him, ***it doesn't have to make sense*** lol! I have cashed quite a few big tickets on a Zito horse I thought had absolutely no chance whatsoever, but have been befuddled enough by his paper-vs-performance outcomes to have not been stung since.

boys at tosconova
05-11-2015, 05:11 PM
0 for 2 is equal?

yes..it is..FL had the lead in the stretch and only lost to dorts twice by a head.

doesn't get much more equal unless you lose by a nose twice.

Relwob Owner
05-11-2015, 06:34 PM

Not sure about your media driven/Baffert point....a quick look at Dort's past performances leading up to the Derby make it pretty clear why he was well bet.

As someone else pointed out, your interpretation of "equal" isn't accurate before and even after the Derby. Going into the Preakness, it is Dorts 2 and FL 1.

minethatbird08
05-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Not sure about your media driven/Baffert point....a quick look at Dort's past performances leading up to the Derby make it pretty clear why he was well bet.

As someone else pointed out, your interpretation of "equal" isn't accurate before and even after the Derby. Going into the Preakness, it is Dorts 2 and FL 1.

Maybe if you look at it in terms of win/place bet roi, in races they faced each other, then they are about equal post Derby. That's the only angle I see.

On a more serious note I think Dortmund is the better horse down the road but think Firing Line evens the score in the Preakness.

boys at tosconova
05-11-2015, 10:55 PM

lol

keep drinking the kool aid..

Relwob Owner
05-11-2015, 10:58 PM
lol

keep drinking the kool aid..

I think anyone who thinks that 2 to 0 before the Derby and 2 to 1 afterwards is equal is the one who has been drinking.....

boys at tosconova
05-11-2015, 11:05 PM
I think anyone who thinks that 2 to 0 before the Derby and 2 to 1 afterwards is equal is the one who has been drinking.....

seriously? go watch the videos at your disposal between the two when they raced. FL lead in deep stretch..and was barely beaten both times while only have a few races..for all intents and purposes they were equal.

open your eyes and quit looking at all that other nonsense

Relwob Owner
05-11-2015, 11:15 PM
seriously? go watch the videos at your disposal between the two when they raced. FL lead in deep stretch..and was barely beaten both times while only have a few races..for all intents and purposes they were equal.

open your eyes and quit looking at all that other nonsense

Open your eyes and read your own words....

Lots of reasons to support FL. However your use of "equal" is 110 percent wrong and inaccurate so try some different. reasons.

boys at tosconova
05-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Open your eyes and read your own words....

Lots of reasons to support FL. However your use of "equal" is 110 percent wrong and inaccurate so try some different. reasons.

lol...like i said..if FL lost by a nose both time you still would argue they weren't equal....that's some funny stuff, mister..

Relwob Owner
05-11-2015, 11:30 PM
lol...like i said..if FL lost by a nose both time you still would argue they weren't equal....that's some funny stuff, mister..

One winner, one loser. 2 to 0 before Derby, 2 to 1 total. Not equal. Get over it. Have a great night.

boys at tosconova
05-11-2015, 11:38 PM
One winner, one loser. 2 to 0 before Derby, 2 to 1 total. Not equal. Get over it. Have a great night.

lol at this foolish and incomplete way of looking at the two. i will go on record stating that this is a terrible handicapping read on your part

Relwob Owner
05-12-2015, 11:25 PM
lol at this foolish and incomplete way of looking at the two. i will go on record stating that this is a terrible handicapping read on your part

I will alert the local media outlets that you are going on the record here....FYI, it's not a handicapping read at all. It's an assessment of your inaccurate use of the word "equal" when describing their history. Outside of a dead heat, there is one winner, one loser and Dorts is 2 and 1. Not that hard to grasp but I will go on the record as predicting that you will never get it.

RaceTrackDaddy
05-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Been looking a lot at the video of the Derby and two things came to mind.
First off, the move Martin Garcia uses in the gate will either be repeated (cutting off his stablemate) or he will break straight proving that his angled break to the rail in 2014 Classic with Bayern and Dortmund in Ky Derby 15 was intentional.

Secondly, did anyone see the rough trip Mr Z had starting from the axillary gate with American Pharoah leaning in on him in the run heading to the finish line the first time around? Mr Z had a death grip on him and he did not like it. Do believe he will have a lot to say about whether American Pharoah will ever get off the rail path. I can see Mr Z locking him in all the way around the track.

American Pharoah is not a lock to win the Preakness.

Last thing I saw was AP coming into Firing Line late in the lane where FL and Stevens had to take up the horse that caused him to switch leads to the left before the wire. Shorter distance, easier trip just might work out Mr Stevens this Saturday.

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2015, 11:52 PM
Hey boys at tosconova, tough.

Relwob Owner
05-16-2015, 06:27 PM

3-1

Secondbest
05-16-2015, 06:29 PM
124 exacta. Unreal

La billos
05-16-2015, 06:31 PM
Had a 100 buck ex AP in Divining Rod. Thought I was a winner on the turn then Verve comes outta nowhere :mad:

Tommy Tom
05-16-2015, 06:43 PM
124 exacta. Unreal

Payoffs were much better than I would have thought with AP on top....good for those who wheeled AP. ( I wasn't one of them :(

Secondbest
05-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Me neither

five-eighths
05-16-2015, 08:45 PM
Intended to play a $5 Ex :1: / :7: looked at ticket it said :1: : :5:

Promptly changed it back to :1: / :7: :bang: :bang: :bang:

boys at tosconova
05-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Payoffs were much better than I would have thought with AP on top....good for those who wheeled AP. ( I wasn't one of them :(

it's suppose to be that high. the perfect storm happened for tale of verse.

boys at tosconova
05-16-2015, 08:58 PM
3-1

bet you couldn't wait to post that, claiming you're right...even when you post that you think you're right, you're still wrong moreso.......lol @ such a bozo

Relwob Owner
05-16-2015, 09:03 PM
bet you couldn't wait to post that, claiming you're right...even when you post that you think you're right, you're still wrong moreso.......lol @ such a bozo

Sad you can't debate like an adult. ....Why the name calling? Probably a little bitter which is understandable.....and please explain exactly how I am wrong?

affirmedny
05-17-2015, 12:40 AM
Sad you can't debate like an adult. ....Why the name calling? Probably a little bitter which is understandable.....and please explain exactly how I am wrong?
he can't. using his logic, Alydar and Affirmed both won the triple crown.....

boys at tosconova
05-17-2015, 12:50 AM

no..i just can't debate w/ a half wit

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2015, 12:25 AM
no..i just can't debate w/ a half witYou're 30 seconds away from being banned.