PDA

View Full Version : PAUL LODUCA!!!

feelup1963
05-09-2015, 12:39 PM
COULD SOMEBODY/ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHY TVG/HRTV IS TAKING PAUL LODUCA TO THE PREAKNESS? :bang:

horses4courses
05-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Paw-lee! Paw-lee!

I barely listen to any of them.
Makes no difference.

Tall One
05-09-2015, 12:55 PM
He's a former MLB All-star, feelup. It's only fair.

Fingal
05-09-2015, 01:05 PM
I believe he has it written into his contract that's he's introduced as the 4 time All-Star. But he's still better than the other ex-jock they had in former footballer Bryan Cox. He thought rails up on the turf course favored closers.

AndyC
05-09-2015, 01:55 PM
..... But he's still better than the other ex-jock they had in former footballer Bryan Cox. He thought rails up on the turf course favored closers.

Bryan would have been correct on many turf courses.

Stillriledup
05-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Seems like a lot of analysts all fighting for jobs, i have seen a lot of Hoover on tv and not as much of Paulie'man' and Schrupp, hopefully that's trending in the right direction.

Tom
05-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Pimlico needs a few baseballs in the infield pond.

SandyW
05-09-2015, 04:07 PM
TVG should send Paul to Monmouth for the summer, he really can pick them at the Jersey Shore racetrack.

Canarsie
05-10-2015, 10:20 AM
COULD SOMEBODY/ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHY TVG/HRTV IS TAKING PAUL LODUCA TO THE PREAKNESS? :bang:

Could you possibly tell me your reasoning why he shouldn't be there? Also feel free to name the person to take his place.

While we're at it could anyone please tell me why you're using all caps to type?

It is very hard on the eyes maybe Lo Duca can read it perfectly while others couldn't and that's why he got the job.

Relwob Owner
05-10-2015, 10:23 AM

Because he is, in my opinion, one of the best handicappers they have. I like listening to him because he is usually no fluff,knows his stuff, and has pretty strong opinions.

ultracapper
05-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Has strong opinions? He'll pick one or two horses, and then comment that 3 or 4 others "have a look". I have no problem with him, but strong opinion isn't something I'm seeing. He lands on a horse, like we all do, but from listening to him, he could go 7 deep on most races in a pick 4.

thespaah
05-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Has strong opinions? He'll pick one or two horses, and then comment that 3 or 4 others "have a look". I have no problem with him, but strong opinion isn't something I'm seeing. He lands on a horse, like we all do, but from listening to him, he could go 7 deep on most races in a pick 4.
Ahh..Gotta disagree.
For the record, I was once chided on this site here for posting how I pack my trifecta wagers. E.G. ( A-B, A-B-C-D, A-B-C-D)....I was told "that's not handicapping".....
The point is a Lo Duca is telling the viewers "I like this horse, but don't ignore these other horses."...
I see nothing wrong with that.
Quite frankly I would put more stock in a public handicapper that reminds us "don't leave these out of your exotics"....

Relwob Owner
05-10-2015, 03:08 PM

That is exactly what an analyst is paid to do, no? He picks his top one or two and then mentions the others who have a shot.

johnhannibalsmith
05-10-2015, 03:13 PM
I have no clue what he is picking but he talks about the race and the horses for a change and doesn't seem to be eternally distracted by pooping horses or a song stuck in his head.

thaskalos
05-10-2015, 03:19 PM
For the record, I was once chided on this site here for posting how I pack my trifecta wagers. E.G. ( A-B, A-B-C-D, A-B-C-D)....I was told "that's not handicapping".....

If this isn't "handicapping"...then I haven't handicapped a day in my life. This is how I've been betting since day one.

thespaah
05-10-2015, 03:40 PM
If this isn't "handicapping"...then I haven't handicapped a day in my life. This is how I've been betting since day one.
Yep...I have no clue which poster it was and if I remembered I would consider it undignified to call out that person....But any, it kind of pissed me off.
I wanted to respond with.."ok buckaroo, let's compare ROI's then we can talk"...
Instead I just shut it down and walked.

Relwob Owner
05-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Yep...I have no clue which poster it was and if I remembered I would consider it undignified to call out that person....But any, it kind of pissed me off.
I wanted to respond with.."ok buckaroo, let's compare ROI's then we can talk"...
Instead I just shut it down and walked.

Think of it this way: thats your competition ;)

JustRalph
05-10-2015, 04:06 PM
BECAUSE HE WAS A 4 TIME MAJOR LEAGUE ALL STAR!!! DON'T YOU LISTEN?

thespaah
05-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Think of it this way: thats your competition ;)
Good point!...

djm1959
05-10-2015, 09:00 PM
baseball player tells me how to bet horses?
might as well bet birthdays and colors in the saddlecloths with my grandmother and her lucky bingo chips!!
and they fired gary seibel ,, dummys

i am going to manage the us olympic team because i play so well on my ps4 in that game,,,, makes same sense as beedy eyes --even groucho gino marx makes more sense

SandyW
05-10-2015, 09:28 PM
baseball player tells me how to bet horses?
might as well bet birthdays and colors in the saddlecloths with my grandmother and her lucky bingo chips!!
and they fired gary seibel ,, dummys

i am going to manage the us olympic team because i play so well on my ps4 in that game,,,, makes same sense as beedy eyes --even groucho gino marx makes more sense

You are right, Gary Seibel is more knowledgeable about horse racing including harness racing then all the so call hosts on TVG & HRTV put together.

Stillriledup
05-10-2015, 09:42 PM
You are right, Gary Seibel is more knowledgeable about horse racing including harness racing then all the so call hosts on TVG & HRTV put together.

But Gary is not a 4 time major league allstar.
:eek:

BlinkersOn
05-10-2015, 09:45 PM
It's an improvement over Johnny Weird and Tara Lupinsky.....two washed up figure skaters. Paul is eye candy for the women, and they do attend the races. That's all I got. :lol:

From what I read there are going to be some hot looking strippers there too...well, maybe they aren't strippers, but they are wearing very little. Horseracing has now resorted to an all time low to get viewers.

cj
05-10-2015, 09:46 PM
So many great handicappers in this thread that would be good on air too, amazing none have been discovered yet.

BlinkersOn
05-10-2015, 09:47 PM
So many great handicappers in this thread that would be good on air too, amazing none have been discovered yet.

Bravo, well said:)

horses4courses
05-10-2015, 09:53 PM

Solid handicappers should be more marketable.
Not just for TV, either.

OTBs, ADWs, race books, etc., benefit from increased handle when
they have a hot handicapper on site, and I don't mean "hot looking". ;)

BlinkersOn
05-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Solid handicappers should be more marketable.
Not just for TV, either.

OTBs, ADWs, race books, etc., benefit from increased handle when
they have a hot handicapper on site, and I don't mean "hot looking". ;)

However, "hot looking" is not detrimental. :)

Stillriledup
05-10-2015, 10:29 PM

Problem is that for some, it might be an integrity issue, they might not want to be told what they can give out over the air, if they are told to tout a pick 4 that they would otherwise never play with their own money, some might not be comfortable doing that.

castaway01
05-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Problem is that for some, it might be an integrity issue, they might not want to be told what they can give out over the air, if they are told to tout a pick 4 that they would otherwise never play with their own money, some might not be comfortable doing that.

Yeah, it's not the inability to put two sentences together coherently, or a lack of charisma or personality, or not being able to discuss horse racing in a way that is both entertaining and informative---it's those darn ethical issues that have held back so many potential TV superstars. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps it's a lack of ability to detect sarcasm...

On a side note, LoDuca is really not bad. He's a decent handicapper, comes across well on TV, has some name recognition. I wouldn't bet his picks but he doesn't make me want to change the channel or anything.

upthecreek
05-11-2015, 09:26 AM
I believe he has it written into his contract that's he's introduced as the 4 time All-Star. But he's still better than the other ex-jock they had in former footballer Bryan Cox. He thought rails up on the turf course favored closers.

How come they dont introduce him as 4-Time Major League Allstar & alleged
steroid user and notorious gambler??
From bleacher report:

Paulie has been named as one of the HGH users on the Mitchell report.
But his stories of controversy don't stop there.
He was once investigated by major league baseball for some gambling debts.
According to reports, Lo Duca owed someone money who ended up contacting his former team, the Flordia Marlins regarding his debt from 2005.
And then while he was with the New York Mets, some bookmakers supposedly tried to go to Shea stadium in order to get their money from Lo Duca.

That's a mafia-like shakedown he was getting.

BlinkersOn
05-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Paul may be going to Baltimore, because of the fact that there is still a lot of unrest in the city. They probably figure he can handle himself, more then a lot of the others. He's a pretty strong guy that works out every day, and could be seen as an imposing figure, more so than say Todd Shrupp. I bet there wasn't much arguing over who went to Baltimore for the Preakness at TVG to be honest. Paul doesn't show a lot of personality on air, but he's fairly good at what he does. Shrupp and a few others cause me to mute the TV. I doubt TVG is sending many, if any, women there for the Preakness, just for safety concerns. What bigger platform then the Preakness for a bunch of thugs to once more throw their weight around? I think it's a good decision. His personal life (past tense) of steroid use, gambling, cheating, etc. should not come in to play anymore. It's behind him. Let's let sleeping dogs lie.

I know people who bought tickets long ago, and are feeling very uneasy about going to Baltimore for the Preakness.

upthecreek
05-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Let sleeping dogs lie? OK stop introducing him as a 4 Time ML All-star Its idiotc He hasn't played or been an all-star for years

BlinkersOn
05-11-2015, 11:22 AM
He wants to be introduced that way. I'm sure it's his way to keep his fame alive. Word is that it's in his contract. Paul is a Facebook friend, and all he ever posts are baseball pictures. The guy is still living in the past. Rarely, does he ever mention racing.

Stillriledup
05-11-2015, 02:49 PM
He wants to be introduced that way. I'm sure it's his way to keep his fame alive. Word is that it's in his contract. Paul is a Facebook friend, and all he ever posts are baseball pictures. The guy is still living in the past. Rarely, does he ever mention racing.

Interesting that racing is supposed to be his passion and all we get is some baseball pictures?

Sad.

cj
05-11-2015, 03:43 PM

I think in most jobs, you do what your boss tells you or you find another job. Isn't it obvious by now that these guys are given a script to follow, and they follow it? All the people that think they could do better would do the exact same thing I would think, at least if they wanted to keep the job.

Stillriledup
05-11-2015, 03:46 PM
I think in most jobs, you do what your boss tells you or you find another job. Isn't it obvious by now that these guys are given a script to follow, and they follow it? All the people that think they could do better would do the exact same thing I would think, at least if they wanted to keep the job.

There's a lot of people out there who could do better, my point was that not all of them want to compromise their integrity by being forced to give out picks they might not even like or picks they don't bet themselves. Not everyone is a sellout.

cj
05-11-2015, 03:49 PM
There's a lot of people out there who could do better, my point was that not all of them want to compromise their integrity by being forced to give out picks they might not even like or picks they don't bet themselves. Not everyone is a sellout.

A lot of people think they can do better, but most cannot. LOL at sellout, hyperbole much? You think these guys are rolling in dough from a gig at TVG? That, my friend, is comical.

Stillriledup
05-11-2015, 03:58 PM
A lot of people think they can do better, but most cannot. LOL at sellout, hyperbole much? You think these guys are rolling in dough from a gig at TVG? That, my friend, is comical.

It has nothing to do with rolling in dough, it has a lot to do with being a tout who is touting something that you're not betting yourself. Being told what to say is one thing, but being told what to say that you don't believe in that you're trying to convince people to bet their hard earned money on an opinion you know is a "lie" is not something everyone would want to do.

onefast99
05-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Paul comes up to our owners box at MP a few times a year during the meet. He is as genuine as they get he loves what he does. My trainer is a huge Phillies fan and him and Paul go at it all day!

cj
05-11-2015, 04:14 PM
It has nothing to do with rolling in dough, it has a lot to do with being a tout who is touting something that you're not betting yourself. Being told what to say is one thing, but being told what to say that you don't believe in that you're trying to convince people to bet their hard earned money on an opinion you know is a "lie" is not something everyone would want to do.

If that is what you believe, great. I personally think these guys are just trying to generate interest in the sequences,not trying to get people to bet the same as they recommend. That is their job, get people interested.

JustRalph
05-11-2015, 04:29 PM
They all thought they were going to be in the movies or on TV. The TVG guys used to show up at acting auditions with my wife's staff when she ran a restaurant in Brentwood.

Chris the guy from "The Bachelor" is the only one that ended up on TV. Rudolph got some movie parts but gave up after ten years

cj
05-11-2015, 04:35 PM
They all thought they were going to be in the movies or on TV. The TVG guys used to show up at acting auditions with my wife's staff when she ran a restaurant in Brentwood.

Chris the guy from "The Bachelor" is the only one that ended up on TV. Rudolph got some movie parts but gave up after ten years

Ken is doing ok for himself:

http://gooddaysacramento.cbslocal.com/personality/prev-next-show-information-sept-19-2011-ken-rudulph/

Not movie star or anything, but he has been there for a while.

horses4courses
05-11-2015, 04:59 PM
That is their job, get people interested.

Absolutely and completely.

They promote carryovers.
They keep an eye on growing pools for large horizontals.
Constant hyping of the chance to win "big balloons".

That's the primary task in their jobs - to generate handle at TVG.

Naturally, I'm thinking if they had handicappers who could pretty regularly
nail nice PK3s thru PK6s, they would have a bigger rise in handle.

Of course, handicappers who have a good hit rate on these wagers
are better off keeping their tickets to themselves, so it's a mute point.

upthecreek
05-11-2015, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=cj]A lot of people think they can do better, but most cannot. LOL at sellout, hyperbole much? You think these guys are rolling in dough from a gig at TVG? That, my friend, is comical.[/QUOTE

I was told that Schrupp & Matt Carothers pull down $100,000- if true that's pretty good for that gig

cj
05-11-2015, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=cj]A lot of people think they can do better, but most cannot. LOL at sellout, hyperbole much? You think these guys are rolling in dough from a gig at TVG? That, my friend, is comical.[/QUOTE

I was told that Schrupp & Matt Carothers pull down $100,000- if true that's pretty good for that gig

I don't know what they make, and it is none of my business, but 100k in SoCal isn't going to get you on the A List for parties, or B, or C.

castaway01
05-11-2015, 05:26 PM

That's the equivalent of minimum wage in the TV industry.

horses4courses
05-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Yeah, that So Cal party circuit is a bitch :lol:

cj
05-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah, that So Cal party circuit is a bitch :lol:

I thought you guys might like that :)

upthecreek
05-11-2015, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=upthecreek]

That's the equivalent of minimum wage in the TV industry.
I wouldnt consider them in the TV industry and highly doubt theyre a member of American Federation of Television and Radio Artists union. I thought $100,000 to talk about horses and act like a clown was good money if you can get it.

Relwob Owner
05-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Interesting that racing is supposed to be his passion and all we get is some baseball pictures?

Sad.

Sad? A little dramatic don't you think? Are we really down to judging the guy on what he has on his Facebook page?If you listen to him regularly, it is pretty clear he has a passion for racing.

Relwob Owner
05-11-2015, 06:14 PM

Like most ex athletes, trying to monetize past fame is what he is probably doing...what do you think would bring him more money and exposure right now-being an ex major leaguer or being a Horse Racing announcer? Most certainly the former IMO

bobphilo
05-11-2015, 07:10 PM
It's an improvement over Johnny Weird and Tara Lupinsky.....two washed up figure skaters. Paul is eye candy for the women, and they do attend the races. That's all I got. :lol:

From what I read there are going to be some hot looking strippers there too...well, maybe they aren't strippers, but they are wearing very little. Horseracing has now resorted to an all time low to get viewers.

Well put. Lipinski is an airhead who knows nothing about racing and has stated the Derby is not about the horses but about fashion, hats, the red carpet and parties. Weir is an insult to all gay men with his over the top portrayal of the flamboyant gay stereotype who can't decide whether to dress as a man or a woman. I thought this was horseracing, not RuPauls Drag Race. The sad part is that NBC has found that their market research shows that this is what the viewers want. I'm disgusted.

thespaah
05-11-2015, 09:58 PM
:lol:

thespaah
05-11-2015, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=castaway01]
I wouldnt consider them in the TV industry and highly doubt theyre a member of American Federation of Television and Radio Artists union. I thought $100,000 to talk about horses and act like a clown was good money if you can get it.
$100k in SoCal gets you a home out in the Valley...60 miles from Down Town LA....
Have an acquaintance whose mother owned a tiny house ( 1100 sf) in Anaheim....She sold it for $600k....

thespaah
05-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Well put. Lipinski is an airhead who knows nothing about racing and has stated the Derby is not about the horses but about fashion, hats, the red carpet and parties. Weir is an insult to all gay men with his over the top portrayal of the flamboyant gay stereotype who can't decide whether to dress as a man or a woman. I thought this was horseracing, not RuPauls Drag Race. The sad part is that NBC has found that their market research shows that this is what the viewers want. I'm disgusted.
NBC is trying to pull in the female "Real Housewives" type viewer. Or more accurately, trying to get women to watch the Derby along with their husbands who are probably thinking 'would you please get out of here so I can concentrate on the Derby'...
Why NBC would hire a couple of washed up figure skaters is a mystery. I guess it's all the geniuses at Comcrap could come up with.

RarifiedAir
05-16-2015, 10:34 AM
05-09-2015, 02:13 PM #6
Stillriledup
SRU Downs CEO

vCash: 400
Seems like a lot of analysts all fighting for jobs, i have seen a lot of Hoover on tv and not as much of Paulie'man' and Schrupp, hopefully that's trending in the right direction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good call riled. hoover is getting more time because he is a pro. schrutte is a complete hack. its only race 1 and I am completely sick of hearing him already. Can't wait to switch over to NBC when they start showing races today.

Stillriledup
05-16-2015, 03:46 PM
05-09-2015, 02:13 PM #6
Stillriledup
SRU Downs CEO

vCash: 400

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

good call riled. hoover is getting more time because he is a pro. schrutte is a complete hack. its only race 1 and I am completely sick of hearing him already. Can't wait to switch over to NBC when they start showing races today.

Thanks RA, appreciate that.

Awesome_Again
05-28-2015, 01:24 AM
Paul may be going to Baltimore, because of the fact that there is still a lot of unrest in the city. They probably figure he can handle himself, more then a lot of the others. He's a pretty strong guy that works out every day, and could be seen as an imposing figure, more so than say Todd Shrupp. I bet there wasn't much arguing over who went to Baltimore for the Preakness at TVG to be honest. Paul doesn't show a lot of personality on air, but he's fairly good at what he does. Shrupp and a few others cause me to mute the TV. I doubt TVG is sending many, if any, women there for the Preakness, just for safety concerns. What bigger platform then the Preakness for a bunch of thugs to once more throw their weight around? I think it's a good decision. His personal life (past tense) of steroid use, gambling, cheating, etc. should not come in to play anymore. It's behind him. Let's let sleeping dogs lie.

I know people who bought tickets long ago, and are feeling very uneasy about going to Baltimore for the Preakness.

Actually Schrupp is a much bigger dude than Paul. He's like 6'4" and Paul is like 5'10".

Track Phantom
05-28-2015, 03:37 AM
I understand how watching the same people over and over can cause personality fatigue for the viewer. I've had TVG for many years and I go back and forth whether I like listening to them or not.

One thing I'll freely admit....listening to Kurt Hoover really doesn't get old. The guy appears to have a bit of class and rises above all the juvenile antics.

I think Loduca is pretty decent. Matt and Rich know their stuff. Todd, on the other hand, is impossible to take in large doses. Probably a decent guy. But, I can't take one more..."here's the sitch'" or the myriad of similar comments he tosses out day after day. I'm an adult and prefer to hear adults talk like they're out of the 10th grade.

It's his schtick...just not for me.

depalma113
05-28-2015, 04:21 AM
So, some people are upset that a guy on TV is convincing people to put money into a paramutual wager and they believe he is touting bad horses while doing it.

:bang:

RarifiedAir
05-31-2015, 06:36 PM

schrutte is hideous

SoCalCircuit
05-31-2015, 07:09 PM
I love watching Paulie. He seems like one of the only guys on there who genuinely plays most of his bets and even talks about some of the larger bets he plays but isn't supposed to mention on-air because of the TVG bet limits.

duncan04
05-31-2015, 09:47 PM
schrutte is hideous

LMAO you can't even get the guy's name right! :rolleyes: :bang:

codysakic
06-01-2015, 01:07 PM
I heard LoDuca say yesterday that his biggest score was a Pick 6 he hit at Los Alamitos. For 80 GRAND :eek: :eek: :eek:

Makes you wonder how much he's lost betting.

goatchaser
06-02-2015, 08:29 PM
I miss Iggy at TVG...I wish he never would have tried a comeback.

Stillriledup
06-02-2015, 09:08 PM
LMAO you can't even get the guy's name right! :rolleyes: :bang:

He did that on purpose, thats what you do when you want to add an additional layer of disrespect, you want to show that you disrespect him so much you wont even bother getting his name right.

olddaddy
06-02-2015, 09:14 PM
I heard LoDuca say yesterday that his biggest score was a Pick 6 he hit at Los Alamitos. For 80 GRAND :eek: :eek: :eek:

Makes you wonder how much he's lost betting.

The guy made 30M as a ball player.

tubesockshakur
06-02-2015, 09:30 PM
I don't mind him, the guy that gets to me is simon...... Think those two and Todd will be at Belmont for Saturday.

SoCalCircuit
06-02-2015, 11:20 PM
As long as I don't have to hear Gino's voice...

SandyW
06-02-2015, 11:49 PM
As long as I don't have to hear Gino's voice...

Gino is a shining star of the future, we need more hosts with this kid's energy.
A cancer survivior, deserves all he receives in his life. God bless him, you will not find a nicer person then Gino.

upthecreek
06-03-2015, 06:16 AM
The guy made 30M as a ball player.
And has none left,that's why he works for TVG for peanuts,compared to his baseball salary & needs 3 room mates to a afford his beach house.

stringmail
06-03-2015, 11:29 AM
And has none left,that's why he works for TVG for peanuts,compared to his baseball salary & needs 3 room mates to a afford his beach house.

..and you know this how?

I understand that this is easy to assume but on the other hand it is plausible that he wanted to do something he really enjoys and get paid to do it. After the sports have ended, it can be a pretty dramatic shift to the "real world" for those unplanned.

I could also assume that he still wanted that camaraderie that is inherent in sports and relishes the "collegial" atmosphere/ youthful exuberance..

Of course, he could be flat broke as you say....just saying

upthecreek
06-03-2015, 12:03 PM
..and you know this how?

I understand that this is easy to assume but on the other hand it is plausible that he wanted to do something he really enjoys and get paid to do it. After the sports have ended, it can be a pretty dramatic shift to the "real world" for those unplanned.

I could also assume that he still wanted that camaraderie that is inherent in sports and relishes the "collegial" atmosphere/ youthful exuberance..

Of course, he could be flat broke as you say....just saying
Just Google his name and read all the stories about his gambling, divorces, lifestyle and plus the fact the IRS got 15 million and his agent got millions-doesnt leave him much

wisconsin
06-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Just Google his name and read all the stories about his gambling, divorces, lifestyle and plus the fact the IRS got 15 million and his agent got millions-doesnt leave him much

Who cares how much he has left or how many roomates he needs. Have you priced beach homes in California lately?

The guy can handicap, and that is all I care about.

Stillriledup
06-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Who cares how much he has left or how many roomates he needs. Have you priced beach homes in California lately?

The guy can handicap, and that is all I care about.

"The guy can handicap"

He can?

wisconsin
06-03-2015, 04:49 PM
"The guy can handicap"

He can?

The guy is forced to make a pick on EVERY race, something you can't do yourself. Read between the lines. He's pretty decent.

thespaah
06-03-2015, 06:04 PM
"The guy can handicap"

He can?
Yeah...He can....Case closed

RarifiedAir
06-03-2015, 08:32 PM
I don't mind him, the guy that gets to me is simon...... Think those two and Todd will be at Belmont for Saturday.

simon, todd, and matty. i'm already headed for the tums.

Tall One
06-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Gino is a shining star of the future, we need more hosts with this kid's energy.
A cancer survivior, deserves all he receives in his life. God bless him, you will not find a nicer person then Gino.

Agreed, Sandy. The kid is ok in my book.. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
06-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Yeah...He can....Case closed
Ok whatever you say :lol:

ReplayRandall
06-03-2015, 08:59 PM
I don't mind him, the guy that gets to me is simon.
Believe it or not, former Grade-1 winning trainer Simon Bray is one of the best turf handicappers anywhere on the air.....

duncan04
06-04-2015, 07:37 AM
He did that on purpose, thats what you do when you want to add an additional layer of disrespect, you want to show that you disrespect him so much you wont even bother getting his name right.

Think you're giving the poster of that too much credit. :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
06-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Think you're giving the poster of that too much credit. :rolleyes:

Quite possibly :D

RarifiedAir
06-04-2015, 05:41 PM
I remember one time... just a weekday so pretty dead. The boys are babbling on as the norm and the camera finds Barbara Streisand and her bunch sitting in the stands. And of course the boys are just falling all over themselves for their "find". Meanwhile anyone with a brain watching can see that ole barb is just steaming mad. She calls up some security dude and points at the camera. Meanwhile TVG boys are just going along like she is just loving the camera time. You know she figured what a way to get away from it all and relax. Good ole TVG sure did put an end to that. I don't think the boys ever figured it out at least not on the air anyway.