PDA

View Full Version : Value Opps

QTwithTQ
05-09-2015, 10:45 AM
There is only so much I can fit into one sheet... here is some analysis expanding upon some of my selections on today's Belmont Card.

HorseGrades Free 5/9 Analysis - Belmont Park (http://www.horsegrades.com/today-s-analysis.html)

R3: Conquest Curlinate ran an excellent race in the Illinois Derby. While the track bias might have been in favor of closers on that day, making up 11 lengths is still quite a feat. Bridgmohan makes the trip to ride this one race today. Pletcher and Baffert will be heavily backed at the windows. This one bears watching.

R8: Do not take a short price in this race. I ended up with Copernicus, who is flying under the radar at a 15-1 ML and appears to be very competitive in this spot. He has finished 1st or 2nd in 4 of his 6 starts this year, shown good speed, and has proven that he can compete at this level before. Sidearm is another with success at this level and will be coming late. If he remains anywhere near his 10-1 ML we will want him on our tickets. Lehigh Five was impressive in his debut and makes his second start against winners today; 8-1 ML. Northern Call was picked up by Abigail Adsit, who gave the horse a bit of a freshening and adds blinkers for today’s effort at a 30-1 ML. Let’s light up the tote board today! Handicap this race and do not take a short price in this one!

Be back tomorrow with some Santa Anita Mothers Day card value opportunities

QTwithTQ
05-09-2015, 11:34 AM
Forget the tidbit about Conquest Curlinate. Looks like Bridgmohan didn't make the trip - Rosario now rides

QTwithTQ
05-15-2015, 09:56 AM
It's Preakness Weekend! Here are some prices on the Black Eyed Susan undercard that I will try to key in my vertical exotics. I like both, as you can see on today's HorseGrades sheet (http://www.horsegrades.com/today-s-analysis.html) . I hear there are a ton of scratches rolling in though, so hopefully not many are affected.

R2 - Lasamanamana (10-1 ML) should give a good effort today. if she runs her best she is a candidate for win honors. She is 8-3-1-3 at the distance and has fired a bullet since her last.

R6 - I'm not trying to beat Rudy here, who always seems to fire off a good one on big days, but I will try to get 12-1 ML Admirals War Chest to hit the board. I like the Turf to Dirt angle, recent work, and past figures fit with this group.