PDA

View Full Version : email

Tom
05-24-2004, 11:45 PM
I have promised to email some tings to several posters. Unfortunately, my POS Outlook Express will not work-I cannot send anything, only receive mail.
I apologize for the delays. I hve no idea on how to fix the problem and actually have no desire to even bother. I will try to send some things from the library this week. As far as my home computer goes, I give up, MS is just not worth the bother, and I will no longe replace anyhting that breaks or buy anything new for it. When this POS dies, I am out of computers forever.
Brand new XP system, less than a year old, and it is just as crappy and worthless as my old W95 system.
I have an old DOS computer with v3.2, which, in my opinoin was the last operating system that was worth using.

Secretariat
05-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I have promised to email some tings to several posters. Unfortunately, my POS Outlook Express will not work-I cannot send anything, only receive mail.
I apologize for the delays. I hve no idea on how to fix the problem and actually have no desire to even bother. I will try to send some things from the library this week. As far as my home computer goes, I give up, MS is just not worth the bother, and I will no longe replace anyhting that breaks or buy anything new for it. When this POS dies, I am out of computers forever.
Brand new XP system, less than a year old, and it is just as crappy and worthless as my old W95 system.
I have an old DOS computer with v3.2, which, in my opinoin was the last operating system that was worth using.

I am sorry to hear that Tom. Unfortunately, try talking to MS today and its a fortune per call, only to be forwarded to some idiot in India.

JustRalph
05-25-2004, 12:35 AM
Tom............

check your private messages

hcap
05-25-2004, 05:18 AM
Tom been using Mozilla and included email program last couple years, athlon 1600 machine running windows me, no problems yet.

so.cal.fan
05-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Tom,
I had the same kind of trouble......OE is a really crappy mail system.
Get yourself on a Hotmail account........they are really good and free. At least you can communicate with us. I often use my library computer and my hotmail account when my MS is on the blink.
Ralph has helped me more than once with a problem.....if you can't get his email.......go to the library....pull up www.mail2web.com
Use advance log in: POP.ABS......and your ISP.
You'll get this fixed....hang in there. I share your frustration!

You may want to trade your PC for Mac........?
They have a few drawbacks.....but one of them is not MS stuff.
I have a PC less than a year old, and thanks to Ralph, I bought new Virus protection software.....less than a week before I got sent a WORM.....via OE. Saved me.
When I had a MAC.....I NEVER GOT A VIRUS OR WORM SENT.

CryingForTheHorses
05-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Get a webtv Tom, Have had mine for 4 years..works like a charm..and you can watch tv too

Tom
05-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Turns out, it might have been a problem wtih Time Warner, my Road Runner provider.
Whatever, it is working right now.
Sorry for the rant, but I have about had it with computers at home and at work. Hardly a day goes by that something fails to do what is is supposed to do. I am tired of wasting time on something that is supposed to save me time.
And SoCalFan, yes....Apple now has a ral neat version of office, so I think a switch might be in order.