PDA

View Full Version : Blackford, Race 4 at Santa Anita

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 05:11 PM
This guy was lone speed on paper and he strangled and wrangled and dragged this horse back to last.....Didn't seem like a great "effort" by the rider.

What did i miss when handicapping this race?

Relwob Owner
05-03-2015, 05:38 PM
This guy was lone speed on paper and he strangled and wrangled and dragged this horse back to last.....Didn't seem like a great "effort" by the rider.

What did i miss when handicapping this race?

That horse has had the lead once at the outset in the last twelve starts so it appears you were missing a lot.The 3 looked like the most likely speed in the race.

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 05:59 PM
That horse has had the lead once at the outset in the last twelve starts so it appears you were missing a lot.The 3 looked like the most likely speed in the race.

Thanks.

Relwob Owner
05-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Thanks.

No prob. I will say that it is strange the 3 didn't get the lead. Didn't see if it was a bad start that caused it

Thebigguy
05-03-2015, 06:14 PM

He is always missing a lot. Makes threads about nothing. I have the pps up now, in what world is that horse the speed?
Dude is a nothing burger.

Relwob Owner
05-03-2015, 06:17 PM
He is always missing a lot. Makes threads about nothing. I have the pps up now, in what world is that horse the speed?
Dude is a nothing burger.

Oh trust me, I have a lot of experience with SRU. I took 2 seconds, looked over and was like whaaaaaat?

Thebigguy
05-03-2015, 06:18 PM
THe one time the horse had the lead the pace was a crawl, and its blinkers off. People would rather make bullshit threads about conspiracy's that dont exist then actually talk racing. The 3,5,7 all have more speed. THe 7 was right up on 44.2 half not that long ago.

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 06:19 PM
No prob. I will say that it is strange the 3 didn't get the lead. Didn't see if it was a bad start that caused it

I know that the outside horse only had one race where he got the lead and the other pp's look like he's a stalker or closer, but in today's race i think the horse wanted to run free and the jock didn't let him, i think the pace was SO slow that horse would have been easily able to get into position, but the guy wrangled him multiple times, it was almost as if they were "Educating" him on the public's dime, if the guy's life depended on winning, he doesn't ride like that. If he was 50-1 that's one thing, but he was a contender at 11-1, in his race where he went to the lead, he fought back at the end and galloped out well.

Bit of an oddly run race, i don't know why the 7 was prompting the pace, he seemed like more of a closer than the 10.

Thebigguy
05-03-2015, 06:20 PM
I know that the outside horse only had one race where he got the lead and the other pp's look like he's a stalker or closer, but in today's race i think the horse wanted to run free and the jock didn't let him, i think the pace was SO slow that horse would have been easily able to get into position, but the guy wrangled him multiple times, it was almost as if they were "Educating" him on the public's dime, if the guy's life depended on winning, he doesn't ride like that. If he was 50-1 that's one thing, but he was a contender at 11-1, in his race where he went to the lead, he fought back at the end and galloped out well.

Bit of an oddly run race, i don't know why the 7 was prompting the pace, he seemed like more of a closer than the 10.

THe 7 was the speed. OMG

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 06:42 PM
THe one time the horse had the lead the pace was a crawl, and its blinkers off. People would rather make bullshit threads about conspiracy's that dont exist then actually talk racing. The 3,5,7 all have more speed. THe 7 was right up on 44.2 half not that long ago.

The 10 was ahead of the 7 on Feb 14th. Also, this has nothing to do with a "conspiracy" its a thread about a jock not going to the lead when the horse was dragging him out of the saddle early in the race.

The 3, 6 and 10 are the only 3 in the race who have ever been on the lead in any of their races that show in the PPs and the 10 got away 10th.

As far as the pace being a crawl, that pace was 48 and he was on the lead, today it was a 51 and he was 10 lengths off the lead being wrangled back. This horse could have walked to the top in here if he wanted to.

Relwob Owner
05-03-2015, 06:43 PM

I was pleasantly surprised that given how wrong you were and how it easily it could be seen, that you initially simply replied with "thanks". Reality sets in with this post as you ramble on and prove once again that your post count is your priority. No one in their right mind would have thought the 10 was the speed. You were wrong. Move on....and for God's sake, stop insulting the English language with your misuse of quotation marks.

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 06:45 PM
I was pleasantly surprised that given how wrong you were and how it easily it could be seen, that you simply replied with "thanks". Reality sets in with this post as you ramble on and prove once again that your post count is your priority. No one in their right mind would have thought the 10 was the speed. You were wrong. Move on....and for God's sake, stop insulting the English language with your misuse of quotation marks.

That's what makes this a great game. Differing opinions. Stay classy now.

Relwob Owner
05-03-2015, 07:03 PM
That's what makes this a great game. Differing opinions. Stay classy now.

Classy? You get what you give. You make posts with absurd opinions and people like me who actually want intelligent back and forth hope to have it. Problem is, people like you aren't being genuine and just have some absurd fascination with getting their post numbers up and reading their own words. This thread is the PERFECT example. You asked a question, I answered it, showing how wrong you were. It wasn't an opinion, it was fact. 12 races, once on the lead. Case closed, move on. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: .

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Classy? You get what you give. You make posts with absurd opinions and people like me who actually want intelligent back and forth hope to have it. Problem is, people like you aren't being genuine and just have some absurd fascination with getting their post numbers up and reading their own words. This thread is the PERFECT example. You asked a question, I answered it, showing how wrong you were. It wasn't an opinion, it was fact. 12 races, once on the lead. Case closed, move on. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: .

So you want intelligent back and forth? Read post 6, what does that have to do with an intelligent discussion?

I'm pretty sure you didn't watch the race and as far as once on the lead, there were only 2 others who have ever been on the lead in recent memory, the 3 was on the lead most recently on Jan 15th and was BEHIND the 10 on Feb 14th while breaking from a more inner post and the 6 was on the lead in 2013. The 7 was also in that Feb 14th race and was behind the 10.

Relwob Owner
05-03-2015, 07:19 PM
So you want intelligent back and forth? Read post 6, what does that have to do with an intelligent discussion?

I'm pretty sure you didn't watch the race and as far as once on the lead, there were only 2 others who have ever been on the lead in recent memory, the 3 was on the lead most recently on Jan 15th and was BEHIND the 10 on Feb 14th while breaking from a more inner post and the 6 was on the lead in 2013. The 7 was also in that Feb 14th race and was behind the 10.

I said I had experience with you, and I looked at the PP's and was like "whaaaat". I was responding to his post. What about that was wrong? Nothing. I know its hard to follow threads when you post so much but try and keep up.

I watched and bet the race. Wasn't watching the 3 because I didn't care what he was doing.

You asked what you were missing and I told you. Move on

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 07:34 PM
I said I had experience with you, and I looked at the PP's and was like "whaaaat". I was responding to his post. What about that was wrong? Nothing. I know its hard to follow threads when you post so much but try and keep up.

I watched and bet the race. Wasn't watching the 3 because I didn't care what he was doing.

You asked what you were missing and I told you. Move on

Ok, so, forget about the actual speed, the 3 and the 10 have had experience vs each other, the 10 was in front of the 3 on Feb 14th.....could you not see how its strange that the 10 got away last and was visually being choked down multiple times and dragged back to last when the horse wanted to do more?

As far as responding to his post goes, what he wrote was unprofessional and unnecessary, so if you are responding to that bitterness (or whatever its called), you're guilty by association because you are contributing to a back and forth and what ends up happening is it ruins a thread that could have otherwise been just a discussion about horse racing and a particular race. If you have "experience" with me and want to debate a point in another thread, my door is open, i'm more than happy to discuss and debate, but the other stuff just derails threads and has nothing to do with horse racing.

Relwob Owner
05-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Ok, so, forget about the actual speed, the 3 and the 10 have had experience vs each other, the 10 was in front of the 3 on Feb 14th.....could you not see how its strange that the 10 got away last and was visually being choked down multiple times and dragged back to last when the horse wanted to do more?

As far as responding to his post goes, what he wrote was unprofessional and unnecessary, so if you are responding to that bitterness (or whatever its called), you're guilty by association because you are contributing to a back and forth and what ends up happening is it ruins a thread that could have otherwise been just a discussion about horse racing and a particular race. If you have "experience" with me and want to debate a point in another thread, my door is open, i'm more than happy to discuss and debate, but the other stuff just derails threads and has nothing to do with horse racing.

Your mere presence derails most threads. Again, move on

Tall One
05-03-2015, 08:43 PM
The 10 was ahead of the 7 on Feb 14th. Also, this has nothing to do with a "conspiracy" its a thread about a jock not going to the lead when the horse was dragging him out of the saddle early in the race.

The 3, 6 and 10 are the only 3 in the race who have ever been on the lead in any of their races that show in the PPs and the 10 got away 10th.

As far as the pace being a crawl, that pace was 48 and he was on the lead, today it was a 51 and he was 10 lengths off the lead being wrangled back. This horse could have walked to the top in here if he wanted to.

That last six furlong work would make me think early speed today. But, this guy is a closer by default because of his gate skills, or lack there of. In the one instance he managed the lead, was the one where he actually broke well.

Should also be noted Trujillo was up, instead of Talamo, who'd ridden him the last six starts Im looking at.

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 09:41 PM
That last six furlong work would make me think early speed today. But, this guy is a closer by default because of his gate skills, or lack there of. In the one instance he managed the lead, was the one where he actually broke well.

Should also be noted Trujillo was up, instead of Talamo, who'd ridden him the last six starts Im looking at.

It says Trujillo in the DRF, but its got Van Dyke in the equibase chart, so i dont know who rode the horse to be honest, conflicting info there.

The kid was just fighting him the whole way, i dont know if he was going to be on the lead or not, but he would have been at very worst in the front flight.

Thanks for the opinion.

Tall One
05-03-2015, 09:50 PM
The Equibase pp's have Trujillo listed as well.

arw629
05-03-2015, 09:52 PM
The 10 had some of the slowest brisnet E1 and E2 numbers coming into the race...I didn't play the race nor see it but if the 10 had tried for the lead it wouldnt have won the race imo

Stillriledup
05-03-2015, 09:59 PM
The 10 had some of the slowest brisnet E1 and E2 numbers coming into the race...I didn't play the race nor see it but if the 10 had tried for the lead it wouldnt have won the race imo

The horse didnt appear to race well, last time he was on the lead it was a 48, today he was 10 lengths behind a 51...so, there was some reason that was the case. I guess the 64 dollar question is this, from watching the video, could the horse have been closer to the pace if the jock didnt yank him back multiple times.

stringmail
05-04-2015, 01:55 AM
Van Dyke rode. Trujillo missed flight coming back from CD.

With blinkers off and Van Dyke riding, I would have been very surprised to see him up close to the pace.

arw629
05-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Van Dyke rode. Trujillo missed flight coming back from CD.

With blinkers off and Van Dyke riding, I would have been very surprised to see him up close to the pace.

Blinkers off might be the biggest clue this one wouldn't be on the pace

Stillriledup
05-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Blinkers off might be the biggest clue this one wouldn't be on the pace

No blinkers off today yet he was right into the muscle battling for the lead like he should have been last time.

Stillriledup
05-16-2015, 06:15 AM
I was pleasantly surprised that given how wrong you were and how it easily it could be seen, that you initially simply replied with "thanks". Reality sets in with this post as you ramble on and prove once again that your post count is your priority. No one in their right mind would have thought the 10 was the speed. You were wrong. Move on....and for God's sake, stop insulting the English language with your misuse of quotation marks.

No comments on Blackford battling for the lead on May 15th? Sucks to get busted i would imagine.

Relwob Owner
05-16-2015, 07:30 AM
No comments on Blackford battling for the lead on May 15th? Sucks to get busted i would imagine.

Nice reach. You started this thread wondering how a horse who had the lead once in 12 races didn't get the lead in a race he was "lone speed" in...now you try and come back and use the fact that he laid just off the pace in a four horse race(dropping in class as well) on a different surface gets me "busted"? Well, now this "lone speed" is one for the last 13 getting the lead so you would be the one busted there buddy. Good try though.

Stillriledup
05-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Nice reach. You started this thread wondering how a horse who had the lead once in 12 races didn't get the lead in a race he was "lone speed" in...now you try and come back and use the fact that he laid just off the pace in a four horse race(dropping in class as well) on a different surface gets me "busted"? Well, now this "lone speed" is one for the last 13 getting the lead so you would be the one busted there buddy. Good try though.

That's not what i was wondering. I don't care about lead once in 12 races, i already discussed this in detail in the other posts, you didn't care to really read into them, you just kept tossing the 'move on' card. What i was wondering is why was Blackford grabbed and wrangled by the rider when he could have been on or near the lead in the turf race. Visually, his race yesterday, the jock wasn't grabbing and wrangling him, he was "ridden differently" and the jock didn't grab him back, he let the horse's natural speed take him close to the lead in a race with an honest pace.

So, on the turf, he wasn't able to get near the lead in a 51 half because he 'has no speed' or he's a 'closer' but he was able to stalk a 47 and change in the mud in his next start?

How did that happen if he's a "closer" who had no shot to get on or near the lead in his previous race on the turf?

Relwob Owner
05-16-2015, 04:05 PM
That's not what i was wondering. I don't care about lead once in 12 races, i already discussed this in detail in the other posts, you didn't care to really read into them, you just kept tossing the 'move on' card. What i was wondering is why was Blackford grabbed and wrangled by the rider when he could have been on or near the lead in the turf race. Visually, his race yesterday, the jock wasn't grabbing and wrangling him, he was "ridden differently" and the jock didn't grab him back, he let the horse's natural speed take him close to the lead in a race with an honest pace.

So, on the turf, he wasn't able to get near the lead in a 51 half because he 'has no speed' or he's a 'closer' but he was able to stalk a 47 and change in the mud in his next start?

How did that happen if he's a "closer" who had no shot to get on or near the lead in his previous race on the turf?

It's exactly what you were wondering. You said:

This guy was lone speed on paper

Myself and others gave reasons why he wasn't on the lead in that race but you persist. As far as this race goes, big drop in class and different jockey, and most importantly different surfaces.

Like an idiot, I do read your posts so I get to read you saying a place is "magical" and then saying hours later you would never go there. I also get to see you say you don't follow boxing and then destroy that thread with uninformed opinions. You are filled with nonsense and you know it and you suck the life out of this forum. Goodbye.

Stillriledup
05-16-2015, 04:20 PM
It's exactly what you were wondering. You said:

This guy was lone speed on paper

Myself and others gave reasons why he wasn't on the lead in that race but you persist. As far as this race goes, big drop in class and different jockey, and most importantly different surfaces.

Like an idiot, I do read your posts so I get to read you saying a place is "magical" and then saying hours later you would never go there. I also get to see you say you don't follow boxing and then destroy that thread with uninformed opinions. You are filled with nonsense and you know it and you suck the life out of this forum. Goodbye.

Hopefully goodbye means you'll never respond to anything i post ever again, l'd be very excited if that was the case.

What sucks the life out of any forum is people who don't know the game all that well and post as if they know something. I was a dummy to discuss this with you back and forth here, you were talking about something on paper and i was talking about advanced video analysis, i won't make that same mistake again.

Again, i'd love it if you didn't respond to my posts anymore, but i doubt i'm that lucky.