PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Is Shot and Critically Wounded in Queens

dirty moose
05-02-2015, 09:52 PM
Plain clothes officer shot here in Queens NY.

http://nyti.ms/1zEBpWF

JustRalph
05-02-2015, 11:17 PM
The interesting part so far? This was a "probable cause. Approach based on furtive movements etc.

Unusual movements to his waistband.

You might hear similar expressions in Baltimore

Tom
05-04-2015, 01:33 PM
R.I.P

Blue lives matter.

lamboguy
05-04-2015, 01:46 PM
white light to this brave man's family

Inner Dirt
05-04-2015, 01:48 PM
I wonder if it was a white guy killing a black cop would people be crying racism? R.I.P to the officer and best wishes to his family.

JustRalph
05-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Did he die?

tucker6
05-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Did he die?
yes

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/04/nypd-officer-shot-in-head-reportedly-dies-from-injuries/

JustRalph
05-04-2015, 02:53 PM
"According to the New York Post, Blackwell has a record of 10 arrests, including five on charges of robbery, criminal possession of a weapon and grand larceny"

Another guy who shouldn't have been on the street

RIP

Tom
05-04-2015, 03:09 PM
When your aim is rehabilitation instead of punishment, you get scumbags like this on the streets. We build prisons for a reason - use them.

classhandicapper
05-04-2015, 04:30 PM
From a community leader in my neighborhood near where this occurred:

"Tonight a young police officer from our precinct, the 105th was shot while on patrol. We all pray for this young man’s recovery. The NY POST reported tonight that two police officers were on patrol in an unmarked car and saw the suspect whom they knew to have a long police record. The officers witnessed the suspect making a furtive movement (adjusting his waist band) and proceeded to follow him. When they approached, the suspect turned and fired on the officers. Now we wait and pray for his recovery.
Here is something to ponder.

Before Mayor Deblasio’s “ new rules of engagement for police officers, these cops would have been in a more defensive posture as they would have prepared for a Stop, Question and Frisk encounter. But with the Mayor and City Council’s new “Rules of Engagement - social engineering experiment”, these obvious signs of potential danger are no longer a stand-alone justifiable reason to stop, question and frisk an individual. The result - a young Police Officer lies in a hospital in a medically induced coma because our elected officials have stripped him and the NYPD of the commonsense tools necessary for police to protect our neighborhoods and themselves. As a civic leader, I find this outrageous and ask why there are no protests and marches when a cop is shot in cold-blood?"

reckless
05-04-2015, 04:38 PM
RIP.

I can't wait for the liberal media establishment to call for discussions about the hatred and violence in the streets by the criminal black community toward all cops, especially the white ones.

Maybe someday soon our civil rights 'leaders' -- Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson -- will remove the veil of racism they hide behind to denounce this senseless murder.

classhandicapper
05-04-2015, 04:48 PM
I can't wait for the liberal media establishment to call for discussions about the hatred and violence in the streets by the criminal black community toward all cops, especially the white ones.

Maybe someday soon our civil rights 'leaders' -- Obama, Holder, Sharpton, Jackson -- will remove the veil of racism they hide behind to denounce this senseless murder.

Liberals spend all their time trying to figure out what makes criminals behave the way do and zero time trying to figure out what makes cops behave the way they do when they put their lives at risk protecting us from criminals.

It's the typical deranged liberal mentality with the predictable outcome.

The bad guys are the good guys, the good guys are the bad guys, and a good guy is now needlessly dead.

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2015, 04:49 PM
de Blasio...3 NYPD cops murdered by gunfire in the last 5 months...interesting.

Prior to these three, it doesn't look like any cops were murdered by gunfire in 2012 or 2013. There was one in December 2011...and one back in July 2007.

So two NYPD cops were shot and killed in the line of duty from July 2007 through December 2014.

Then THREE in the last five months, all under de Blasio. Probably just a coincidence or statistical anomaly... :rolleyes:

Or perhaps the low-life criminals have been emboldened by de Blasio's decision to kill the stop-and-frisk policy, and they feel safe to pack heat on a more regular basis...way to go Mayor!

tucker6
05-04-2015, 04:50 PM

Prior to these three, it doesn't look like any cops were murdered by gunfire in 2012 or 2013. There was one in December 2011...and one back in July 2007.

So two NYPD cops were shot and killed in the line of duty from July 2007 through December 2014.

Then THREE in the last five months, all under de Blasio. Probably just a coincidence or statistical anomaly... :rolleyes:
As Mostie would say, that's just anecdotal... :rolleyes:

Nothing to see here. Move along.

reckless
05-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Liberals spend all their time trying to figure out what makes criminals behave the way do and zero time trying to figure out what makes cops behave the way they do when they put their lives at risk protecting us from criminals.

It's the typical deranged liberal mentality with the predictable outcome.

The bad guys are the good guys, the good guys are the bad guys, and a good guy is now needlessly dead.

Yes, you're right on, classhandicapper, of course.

But that won't stop the haters to really believe it's the fault of Bush ... Cheney ... Haliburton, or even Reagan and Nixon.

It truly is sad -- destruction of the black family unit, the white working class and the civil unrest in our cities -- all caused by policies and government of the liberals in the Democrat Party.

And I challenge all our left wing friends on PA to prove all this wrong.

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2015, 07:10 PM
This clearly Obama's fault

JustRalph
05-04-2015, 08:16 PM

It goes back 40 yrs to the policies that created the underclass. OBAMA and Hillary are just the latest standard bearers

Democrats are responsible for the permanent underclass that has 78% of black homes without a father. Plain and simple.

The glorification of of the single parent is sickening

horses4courses
05-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Democrats are responsible for the permanent underclass that has 78% of black homes without a father. Plain and simple.

This is your personal theory, no doubt.

Nothing concrete to back this up, apart from the fact that minorities
historically have been forced to vote against Republicans.
They have not been a viable choice for them for decades.

The GOP is the party for those who have, and wish to keep it that way.
The few who vote for them who have nothing, only do so because
they are poor whites who resent minorities attaining any gain.

RunForTheRoses
05-04-2015, 08:45 PM

No, but if he had a son...

RunForTheRoses
05-04-2015, 08:47 PM

Or perhaps the low-life criminals have been emboldened by de Blasio's decision to kill the stop-and-frisk policy, and they feel safe to pack heat on a more regular basis...way to go Mayor!

I was thinking the same thing. I have a feeling this mayor's legacy will be something else.

Tom
05-04-2015, 08:57 PM

He hold a share of the responsibility.
He has been anti-cop for day 1, and he influence blithering idiots like DeBalsio.
When the POTUS of your country is a biased racist pig/terrorist supported, you get this kind of thing.

Saratoga_Mike
05-04-2015, 09:03 PM
This is your personal theory, no doubt.

Nothing concrete to back this up, apart from the fact that minorities
historically have been forced to vote against Republicans.
They have not been a viable choice for them for decades.

The GOP is the party for those who have, and wish to keep it that way.
The few who vote for them who have nothing, only do so because
they are poor whites who resent minorities attaining any gain.

Perhaps the poor whites support school vouchers, a strong national defense, a more vibrant economy or low crime?

horses4courses
05-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Perhaps the poor whites support school vouchers, a strong national defense, a more vibrant economy or low crime?

Perhaps....

Saratoga_Mike
05-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Perhaps....

School vouchers - polls show white suburbanites are opposed. The poor support. I'm right on that one.

Strong national defense - please look at the socio-economic mix of the military. Right again.

Vibrant economy - who is hurt the most by a bad economy? Right, the poor. Right again.

Low crime - who is the most impacted by high crime? See Baltimore - the poor. Right again.

Glad you follow.

nijinski
05-04-2015, 11:15 PM
What a tragedy , so sorry for his family .
RIP !

Inner Dirt
05-05-2015, 12:25 AM
He hold a share of the responsibility.
He has been anti-cop for day 1, and he influence blithering idiots like DeBalsio.
When the POTUS of your country is a biased racist pig/terrorist supported, you get this kind of thing.

He has created a greater racial divide since he took office, the exact opposite of what was thought. What I find comical is his obvious favoring of black over whites and every example is explained away by every liberal on the planet. Here is another one, he appointed back to back black attorney generals, since those identified as black represent 12% of the population the random odds of that happening without prejudice is 1.4%.

classhandicapper
05-05-2015, 10:46 AM
It goes back 40 yrs to the policies that created the underclass. OBAMA and Hillary are just the latest standard bearers

The glorification of of the single parent is sickening

Their philosophy does not allow them to make common sense and statistically obvious objective moral judgements.

Now we are reaping what they sowed.

The whole thing is catastrophic.

They could have just as easily preached tolerance, but while encouraging more productive behavior. Instead they practically promoted every idiotic behavior and life choice imaginable. Now we all have to deal with this crap.

Inner Dirt
05-05-2015, 12:05 PM
When your aim is rehabilitation instead of punishment, you get scumbags like this on the streets. We build prisons for a reason - use them.

Unfortunately some people are born bad and cannot be saved. By now I think my 21 year old nephew is a good example, my sister sent him to live with me a few times as he has no respect for anyone who cannot beat his ass. I haven't seen him in 3 years or heard from him. As a juvenile he was locked up on 9 separate occasions. In Idaho where he lived they treat juvenile offenders pretty harshly. Noah is a sociopath and nothing is ever his fault, typical situation. He tried to steal a car at 17 and when the owner and his friends saw him when they rushed up, he pulled a knife on them. In his mind he did nothing wrong his reply, "I was tired of walking and taking the bus, and I pulled the knife because I was afraid they would beat my ass. He was kicked out of high school for throwing a small 65 year old female teacher against a wall. His reasoning "She made me mad, disrespecting me for not doing my homework."

No amount of pills or therapy is going to fix Noah, that has been tried. He is a broken piece of trash, I am pretty sure he is capable of killing someone. On his last visit here I found my very large channel lock pliers under his pillow, pretty sure he was planning to use them on me. He needs to be locked up and the key thrown away or better yet maybe the cops take him out. Some people don't deserve to live.