PDA

View Full Version : A moment of clarity

PhantomOnTour
05-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Giving the Derby pp's a final perusing before bed last night, and Far Right jumped off the page at me...he's going to get a piece of the tri.

I admit to being a fan of this guy ever since I made a sizable play on him in the Delta Jackpot, only to see him get shut off by Mike Smith and OchoOchoOcho.
Smith has ridden him every race since the Jackpot and sticks with him today in the Derby...he's gonna get a nice pace to run at, and ya better believe he'll be coming.

As for a few others:
Tencendur is getting tons of hype but I think he's simply overmatched. Weaver is my favorite trainer in all the land but this guy sat near a slow pace in the Wood, took over and got run down. How far back would he have been if they ran another furlong?
I feel the same way about Firing Line, who ran well vs Dortmund, but what if they went another furlong? Where would he be then?
No thanks on both of them; same thing goes for favorite American Pharoah...no way.
This guy is brilliant but his pedigree screams NO! He had better clear early and run this field into the ground because pace pressure will unwind him in my opinion. Even if he rolls out and spread eagles this field, someone will come and get him.

I will use the :2: :8: :15: :19: in the top slot and a ton of runners in 2nd/3rd surrounding :20: Far Right, who will be keyed in 2nd/3rd.
Doubt i'll even make a win bet, but he's my boy to blow up the exotics.

Now, what's your silly idea....errrr, I mean "moment of clarity" :D

boys at tosconova
05-02-2015, 10:03 AM
how is tendencur getting tons of hype, he's 60-1

LottaKash
05-02-2015, 11:13 AM
No thanks on both of them; same thing goes for favorite American Pharoah...no way.
This guy is brilliant but his pedigree screams NO! He had better clear early and run this field into the ground because pace pressure will unwind him in my opinion. Even if he rolls out and spread eagles this field, someone will come and get him.

Stop, you are hurting my handicapping feelings.... :)

Hoping for a recessive-gene or something, in the pedigree regard... :D

I still believe tho, that AP still hasn't shown his best stuff yet, as, competition question aside, he seemed so effortless in his victories, and seemed to just want to go on, looking as if he had this huge reserve inside of him.......

Come crunch time. I still believe that AP will be right there at the end, still mixing it up... He sure will have his hands full tho...

PhantomOnTour
05-02-2015, 07:03 PM
I've got two things to say:

1) a begrudging congrats to American Pharoah, Zayat, Baffert and all those who played him.
2) IN MY FACE !!!!