PDA

View Full Version : Track Bias? Will it even matter ?

TheGarMan
05-02-2015, 07:36 AM
On Friday at CD I saw a few good horses NOT able to get it done from the back end (Honor Code and Im A Chatterbox come to mind).

I made some nice money, but wouldnt mind making more today. :)

Questions leading up to the Derby are thus : 1) Do you think CD played "slightly fast" yesterday? 2) Will it change today? 3) Does this change your perception of Dortmund , Materialaty or another?

I am about to leave the hotel, and will be at CD shortly.

Good luck to all!!!

BlueChip@DRF
05-02-2015, 08:10 AM
Today is scrape day. You will see fast fractions and very little wilting of speed.

PaceMasterT
05-02-2015, 08:29 AM
On Friday at CD I saw a few good horses NOT able to get it done from the back end (Honor Code and Im A Chatterbox come to mind).

I made some nice money, but wouldnt mind making more today. :)

Questions leading up to the Derby are thus : 1) Do you think CD played "slightly fast" yesterday? 2) Will it change today? 3) Does this change your perception of Dortmund , Materialaty or another?

I am about to leave the hotel, and will be at CD shortly.

Good luck to all!!!

I didn't see any bias yesterday and thought the track played pretty fair.

Lemon Drop Husker
05-02-2015, 08:38 AM
I didn't see any bias yesterday and thought the track played pretty fair.

Same here. While it looked tough at times to pass in the stretch, those were just good horses in big races running familiar distances.

Hope we get our typical Derby Day speed bias so that everybody will be talking about speed holding and wagering on all the front end horses. :cool:

sammy the sage
05-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Judy the Beauty definite play against w/the Track...

RaceTrackDaddy
05-02-2015, 08:49 AM
I have to agree with most of the others that we will expect a speed favoring track. But there is a caveat, remember pace of the race will also dictate who wins the race.

The one rule I live by in any form of breed of racing is that Speed usually wins races; but Lone Speed is Winning Speed on any track bias.

We must handicap and go with those that seem to be the only true controlling speed types. A race like the Derby with so many horses entered usually gives a different look than most races in that no one usually gets loose on the early lead without paying a steep price.

Happy Derby Day!

pandy
05-02-2015, 09:49 AM
If anything, I thought the track was somewhat tiring yesterday. ZERO wire to wire winners, only one pacesetter hit the board (ran third), closers did well, stalkers did well. Either it was a fair track or a slightly biased track that favored closers/stalkers. The track won't be different today. I know some people think that they soup up tracks for big days, but that is not done anymore and Churchill had the Oaks yesterday so the track will be prepped the exact same way today as it was yesterday.

Tom
05-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Today is scrape day. You will see fast fractions and very little wilting of speed.
Scrape day - I like that! :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
05-02-2015, 10:05 AM
If anything, I thought the track was somewhat tiring yesterday. ZERO wire to wire winners, only one pacesetter hit the board (ran third), closers did well, stalkers did well. Either it was a fair track or a slightly biased track that favored closers/stalkers.

That was my view also.

Whatever was going on, I didn't think it was strong enough to dictate results.

Valuist
05-02-2015, 10:45 AM
The scrape day theory certainly looked legit in race 1. The 3, a 14-1 shot, sets a fast pace but just kept on running. If the track is scraped, how much does Yockey's Warrior win by in race 2?

Valuist
05-02-2015, 02:23 PM
So much for speed favoring. After race 1, its been anything but that. Island Town comes from 8.5 lengths back to win race 2, Agent di Nozzo comes from dead last, 11 back, to win, and Dame Dorothy comes from a bit off pace to nail the heavy chalk at the wire.

Relwob Owner
05-02-2015, 02:25 PM
Looks pretty fair thus far