PDA

View Full Version : What about Materiality?

dietant
05-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Tell me some about :3: Materiality/CASTELLANO JAVIER.

RunForTheRoses
05-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Looks good. Won the post position war.

SecretAgentMan
05-01-2015, 09:31 PM
I believe he's coming out of post #4, now that El Kabeir was scratched.

With all the hype Bafferts horses are receiving, wouldn't surprise me to see Pletcher win with Materiality & break the Apollo curse......

Relwob Owner
05-01-2015, 09:51 PM

With all the hype Bafferts horses are receiving, wouldn't surprise me to see Pletcher win with Materiality & break the Apollo curse......

I like this horse a lot and like the odds thus far as well. I also International Star as a closer with a good price

gfnut
05-02-2015, 03:58 AM

Not only does he have to beat the Apollo curse, he has to beat the Pletcher curse (1 for 40). Pletcher has sent 3 undefeated horses to the derby and If I right they are still trying to finish the race. Lets face it, Pletcher can"t bring his magic oats for fear of being caught. With that being said he is bound to win a 2nd derby even by accident. This may be the year.

no breathalyzer
05-02-2015, 04:16 AM
Not only does he have to beat the Apollo curse, he has to beat the Pletcher curse (1 for 40). Pletcher has sent 3 undefeated horses to the derby and If I right they are still trying to finish the race. Lets face it, Pletcher can"t bring his magic oats for fear of being caught. With that being said he is bound to win a 2nd derby even by accident. This may be the year.

I'm confused.... so Pletcher can't bring in magic oats but Baffert can?
Or its it Baffert isn't afraid he can be caught :confused:

gfnut
05-02-2015, 05:06 AM
I'm confused.... so Pletcher can't bring in magic oats but Baffert can?
Or its it Baffert isn't afraid he can be caught :confused:

My bad. I should of said he chooses not to bring his magic oats. Baffert has not won since 2002, so maybe he is chooses not to bring his either. How do you explain a 1 for 40 record from a 22% trainer. He dominates all the derby preps but always loses the big one.

Some_One
05-02-2015, 05:31 AM
My bad. I should of said he chooses not to bring his magic oats. Baffert has not won since 2002, so maybe he is chooses not to bring his either. How do you explain a 1 for 40 record from a 22% trainer. He dominates all the derby preps but always loses the big one.

Because the Derby is a much tougher race to win.

What is the expected win percentage? Now of course over a small sample size, variance would be a problem, so also what is his expected ITM percentage vs actual (I looked that up earlier today and it's not that bad)

depalma113
05-02-2015, 07:17 AM
Could be right there at the finish, or 15th.

boys at tosconova
05-02-2015, 08:49 AM
i think this is pletcher's best horse. this horse looks awfully fast

boys at tosconova
05-02-2015, 09:28 AM
look what materiality did to upstart w/ his limited background. i don't want to say he crushed him..but he beat him nonetheless and was pulling away late.

in the fl derby but the horse ran better than i thought he would. and his doubts still remain the same for some but he answered the call imo. ran fast early and came home fast

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2015, 11:56 AM
Lets face it, Pletcher can"t bring his magic oats for fear of being caught.Idiotic and libelous to boot. You act as if the Derby is on par with all those other races Pletcher runs in...those tiny (in comparison...6-8 horses versus 20????) where he is a huge favorite...

Of course he's not going to win the Derby at the same pace as all those other FAR EASIER races to win...

Your foolish statement should have been deleted on sight, however, I thought it best to point out the obvious to you.

cordep17
05-02-2015, 12:00 PM
I had too many contenders, and thought he looked enough like my rough pick Gemologist at my first glance and I'm going with that reasoning to throw him out.

Looks good enough to win, but hopefully a bit a green and the bright lights and the huge field debunk him, for me. For you, the best of luck :ThmbUp:

Relwob Owner
05-02-2015, 02:16 PM

Dame Dorothy ran just fine.......

Some_One
05-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Last year I had Danza who had the worst trip in the field, and I think Materality will get the worst trip award this year again for me. Missed the break and shuffled to the back throughout, but was the only one closing late going from 15ish to 6th in the stretch.

Relwob Owner
05-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Last year I had Danza who had the worst trip in the field, and I think Materality will get the worst trip award this year again for me. Missed the break and shuffled to the back throughout, but was the only one closing late going from 15ish to 6th in the stretch.

Agreed. Hope he runs in Preakness.

Frosted closed late too

Some_One
05-02-2015, 07:34 PM
HQ replay finally up - Javier was already far back, but around the turn Saez does some crazy inside out move on Itsaknockout, Javier checks again, is in the last line of horses at the 1/4 pole. I have him hand timed in a low 25 high 24 final 1/4 with the leaders coming home in 27 (I'll wait for Trakus to tell me how wrong I was, lol)

Relwob Owner
05-02-2015, 07:38 PM
HQ replay finally up - Javier was already far back, but around the turn Saez does some crazy inside out move on Itsaknockout, Javier checks again, is in the last line of horses at the 1/4 pole. I have him hand timed in a low 25 high 24 final 1/4 with the leaders coming home in 27 (I'll wait for Trakus to tell me how wrong I was, lol)

Awesome info. I hope he runs in the Preakness