PDA

View Full Version : kELSO Sturgeon is baaaak folks ..with his " Fixed Race System "

BeatTheChalk
05-24-2004, 04:50 PM
And i can call him right now..to get the next fixed race....for
free... I will let yah all know

Secretariat
05-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Shades of Mike Warren.

BeatTheChalk
05-24-2004, 07:26 PM
Ah yes. Mike disappeared .... but was involved with the
Miss Cleo scam -- Heard he had a small piece which got smaller....... The guy was theee biggest mailer in the entire
gambling business for a long time. As for Kelso ... I wont
say anything .. my lips are sealed ..:)

dav4463
05-25-2004, 12:39 AM
I received an advertisement for "The Iron Horse", his best system to date according to the letter and "'They Fix Races don't they?" in the last couple of days. The letter included a listing of all his books. He must be a millionaire with all those winning systems !

kenwoodallpromos
05-25-2004, 01:09 AM
Let me know what he claims is the win % for his fixed races.

kenwoodallpromos
05-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Just looked at his website- has to be all routine computer picks- unless you really believe he personally picks even best best for baseball, pro and college football and basketball, nascar, and horseracing in addition to his endless work in horseracing and writing.
He says he has a list of 90% of the cheating trainers- he claims they win by drugging their horses. He and all those trainers would have to know how to beat the post race drug tests?

trying2win
05-25-2004, 03:31 AM
Just read Kelso Sturgeon's advertisement at his website, re alleged fixed races at the link below:

http://www.kelsosturgeon.com/service.asp?id=014

No thanks! I think I'll just take $54.95 (well at least $54.00 that is) and bet it on some races over the next while, instead of sending away for Kelso's book.

By the way, shouldn't this thread be in the handicapping library section?

T2W

BeatTheChalk
05-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Apologies for posting the info about Kelso .. in here.

canrock
05-25-2004, 12:41 PM
bring it on beathechalk, I'm not naive enough to think it doesn't go on......just read his website on book.....now who doesn't think this stuff goes on??????

takeout
05-25-2004, 02:28 PM
I think the pitches for some of these books must be longer than the books themselves. :rolleyes:

kenwoodallpromos
05-25-2004, 03:07 PM
The pitch is truer than the book will be- it is the oldest con in the world- the old bait n switch.
The bait is to list some stories of real fixes and convictions- but those are not what he is selling. He is selling the old stiff and bet urban legend that has been debunked by several studies by trusted experts- Ask Meadows, Marc, Nunamaker, PA, and others and most will tell you the vast majority of horses that appear to be stiffed for a price do not get a better price but a worse one, and too many cappers recognize when there is true stiff job.
Kelso's bait stories can be found on the internet or on Gale's Infotrac periodical search.
Kelso forgot one of the best fixes ever (Guy wasa convicted)- sponges up 1 nostril of east coast horses.

takeout
05-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Kelso forgot one of the best fixes ever (Guy wasa convicted)- sponges up 1 nostril of east coast horses.
Yeah, I'm surprised he didn't throw that one in there. Must've had writer's cramp by then. :D

BeatTheChalk
05-25-2004, 07:29 PM
I agree with you and others..that some races are not run as
truly as they should be run. In fact .. my one and only encounter
with a Fixed race...happened at Mth Park NJ ..way way back
Someday I will tell about it here. As for Kelso .." telling us what
to look for .. to find a fixed race " Come on Kelso .. The guy is
one of thee last surviving system sellers in the world...I
sorta think he is tied in with the folks in Maryland. At any rate
I am sure that the method will be reviewed by Phillips Racing
News letter....I will keep all of you folks informed

NoDayJob
05-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by BeatTheChalk
And i can call him right now..to get the next fixed race....for
free... I will let yah all know

Mr. Sturgeon's name should be the clue that something's fishy. Let's see Sturgeon, Warren and the grand poobah,
the late Jim Adkinson - mountebanks, all. Yes P.T. was right.

NDJ

freeneasy
05-27-2004, 12:08 PM
and when i get a moment to write about it iam going to expose exactly how this fraudulent bait and switch mailer is set up to suck your eyeballs out. the guys a real piece of crap

BeatTheChalk
05-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Whoa there is a name out o the past. I actually talked to
the guy once ..had to be 30 years ago ! As he got older he
got even more strange :)

NoDayJob
05-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by BeatTheChalk
Whoa there is a name out o the past. I actually talked to
the guy once ..had to be 30 years ago ! As he got older he
got even more strange :)

Yes Jim A. was a lulu, alright. He claimed that he wrote the software himself. Whata laugh! I re-worked his Ultimate-1 program for a friend when it wouldn't work. Seems the software people weren't paid and they inserted a few surprises for the people who bought it, including Mickey Rooney; but, that's another story. Where did you run into him?

NDJ

BeatTheChalk
05-28-2004, 12:52 AM
I cant recall exactly how I met him ... Either he was on my
mailing list .. or I was on his list. This has to be 25 years ago
or more. I never saw his software. I did speak with him
on the phone maybe twice...
As for Rooney...he was a gem. He bought every system in the world. I used to go to the track with Vince Edwards ( not that i knew him ) We had a mutual friend named McNamara.. and we all
lived in Marina Del Rey. At any rate... Vince and Rooney would
always compare the picks.
Vince hit apick 6 for over a half million dollars...paid off all of the
bookies in LA and a year later he was busted. Helluva nice
guy. Dont mean to get carried away LOL
Darn I cant recall much more about crazy Adkinson ..ah well..

kenwoodallpromos
05-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Dr. Ben Casey that Vince Edwards?

BeatTheChalk
05-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Yep theee one and only Dr Casey is indeed Vince Edwards..
may God rest his soul. I met him through our mutual friend..
John McNamara. John was one of the greatest con men in the
world :) He told stories till the wee small hours of the
morning many times. He and Vince lived in the posh Marina City
Club ... and I lived in a .. well you could call it an apartment..
on the beach.
We didnt miss a weekend at the track for several years. Vince
would pay for " information " ... sometimes it was pretty good.
The problem was that he would " pound " the horse..knocking
the odds down :)
Ah those were the carefree days of yesteryear. No computers
no tv .. no computers. .. no cell phones. There was a book in
the works...about Vince's life ...but it didnt go anywhere. He was
soo damn funny -- and hardly ever smiled...until he hit a big
winner.
In his later life .. he would drive around Marina Del Rey on a hot
motorcycle .. with a lady sitting on the back. His best spot play
when he didnt get "information" .. was to bet the horse on the
inside .. with early speed .. at Santa Anita .. in route races.
Not too darn bad as I recall.

vespa7
05-31-2004, 08:21 PM
I got all the winners picked out everyday. So instead of keeping them to myself and betting I am going to sell them to everyone. I would love to book this guys stuff.

freeneasy
05-31-2004, 09:03 PM
first before you even get your flyer in the mail he already has a paid for clientel, paying customers. this clientel, they get kelso's picks via phone recordings and/or emails.
next as this clientel loses their money on his picks he also loses all possibility of gaining any of their repeat bussiness.
exm. you sign up for 2 weeks service for $50,
you loss $500.
so he gets no repeat bussiness from you.
his clientel dwindles,
and customer replenishment becomes nessecery.
so what does he do.
he goes thru his listing of names (how your name gets on that list is done quite easily) both old and current and sends out flyers to every name on that list.
i got his flyer for the baseball season and in the flyer he has laid claim to 74% winners up to that point of the season, and on that flyer he list the names of every team that was given out as a play.
sure enough, you add em up and it all comes out to 74% winners.
wow, your almost convinced in that if he was giving out losers to his list of paid clientel then how would he be able to get away with sending out flyers to all on his mailing list,
and that, showing winners against all the losers hes been giving out to his clientel.
well i might say something like this, and that is
if i was a paid client and he was giving me losers, and he sent me a flyer listing winners on those days i was given losers
and how would kelso sturgeon be able to continue to do this and not be caught, shot or arrested?
i mean thats kind of stupid idnt it? you gave me a loser on this, this and this day and in your flyer it shows you gave out the winner on those same days.
so the question becomes, how could i, as a paying customer, being currently signed up for his service and receiving plays, not easily spot such an obvious fruad?
easy
cause you never see it
all he does is keep his list of paying customers seperate from his list of non customers,
goes ahead and prints up a million flyers stating as many winners as he wants to,
sends all the new flyers to everyone on his mailing list
except to those who are currently on his "paid customer list"
keeping the new "winning flyer" as far away from his losing customers as possible.
see, that way he can keep throwing junk balls at you and not get caught baiting the same hook with his customer base.
so if you were a current customer of kelso sturgeon
getting 49% winners
and i lived next door to you
and i got one of his flyers in the mail stating 74% winners
the only way your going to see this flyer is if i knock on your door and show it to you, cause believe me he did not send you, that is, one who currently on his customer list, a flyer.
easy peasy

thebeacondeacon
12-01-2005, 03:09 AM
Mr. Sturgeon's name should be the clue that something's fishy. Let's see Sturgeon, Warren and the grand poobah,
the late Jim Adkinson - mountebanks, all. Yes P.T. was right.

NDJ

I can't say that I have had any experience with Kelso Sturgeon and Mike Warren. Black box systems have just never had that much appeal to me, because the random variations in a series of horse races will make liars of them all.

However, I did have the good fortune to get to know Jim Adkinson and can say that he was a true gentleman, someone who loved the game of horse racing, and was an excellent self-taught handicapper. His anglettes, the "Hidden Workout", the "Longshot Getter" and the "Fitness Mark", are all reliable indicators of readiness in a race horse. There was nothing false in Jim or his approach to the game. He was sincerely interested in the success of those he could reach with his knowledge and a noble character on a stage largely populated by much smaller souls.

As other posts have pointed out, Jim was not so lucky when it came to linking computer technology with horse racing. As a professional systems analyst and programmer, I can attest that it takes a certain kind of patience to accept the quirks of the digital world, and that was just not part of Jim's nature.