PDA

View Full Version : coincidence, fate or bull pucky..how to not seize the day

boys at tosconova
04-30-2015, 08:56 PM
true story.

my family went to disney and animal kingdom a year before the derby. we came home w/ a souvenir from animal kingdom. it was a long postcard type picture. the front had that plastic coating on it to make the cartoon images appear 3-d and moving. fast forward to animal kingdom and the derby a year later. i remember starring right at this damn picture and not once did i put 2+2 together for some reason..i was on the phone talking to people about the KD and it's staring me right in the face on the front of refrigerator..(it's still there)..

what does this mean...well,..this year i was on another forum today and i came across a person that had typed carpie diem under his post (not a horse race thing)....i don't like carpie to win...and i didn't use animal kingdom to win either..nor did i play him at all.

salty
04-30-2015, 09:07 PM
I have a similar story to that. The January before the derby I was in orlando with my gf and my sister visiting my parents. One day we decided to go to disney and we only had time for one park and we picked Animal Kingdom. After the spiral I saw the headlines and ended up watching the race. It just looked like the perfect run he could make around them all into the lead in the derby. So since I believe in fate,destiny,luck and voodoo magic. I bet Animal kingdom with the oaks/derby double, wp, and exacta. That was nice to collect on. Unfortunetly i was so drunk by the time the derby went off; destiny has it that i punched in the wrong numbers for my tri key and lost what i should have easily one. I blame the beer cart for sure. I wish this year I had a sign to make me feel more comfortable. I'm leaning towards international star as my key horse.

boys at tosconova
04-30-2015, 09:57 PM
I have a similar story to that. The January before the derby I was in orlando with my gf and my sister visiting my parents. One day we decided to go to disney and we only had time for one park and we picked Animal Kingdom. After the spiral I saw the headlines and ended up watching the race. It just looked like the perfect run he could make around them all into the lead in the derby. So since I believe in fate,destiny,luck and voodoo magic. I bet Animal kingdom with the oaks/derby double, wp, and exacta. That was nice to collect on. Unfortunetly i was so drunk by the time the derby went off; destiny has it that i punched in the wrong numbers for my tri key and lost what i should have easily one. I blame the beer cart for sure. I wish this year I had a sign to make me feel more comfortable. I'm leaning towards international star as my key horse.

great story. especially about the part about being drunk and punching wrong numbers. ahhhh....remember when ny/ct OTB and harness racing went by letters 20/30 years ago? there was a scratch in this race and i bet the crap out of a horse i was following in exactas....needless to say, because of the scratch the horses got moved up/down and it fkd me big time as my number came in..obv i didn;t have it because of the scratch and had a different horse altogether

minethatbird08
04-30-2015, 10:13 PM
great story. especially about the part about being drunk and punching wrong numbers. ahhhh....remember when ny/ct OTB and harness racing went by letters 20/30 years ago? there was a scratch in this race and i bet the crap out of a horse i was following in exactas....needless to say, because of the scratch the horses got moved up/down and it fkd me big time as my number came in..obv i didn;t have it because of the scratch and had a different horse altogether

At the Stephen Foster a couple years ago I wanted to bet Fort Larned to win but the program had both post number and running number (or whatever it's called) due to a coupled entry. Long story short I had them mixed up and ended up on Nates Mineshaft for the race. I wish I could say one of them won but neither did. Nates Mineshaft ran a hell of a race but was run down by Ron the Greek and Wise Dan.

Also, my Dog picked Animal Kingdom to win the Derby, and I had Nehro and Macho Man plus a slew of others but didn't throw the dogs pick in my tri. Regardless, If he picks Carpe Diem I will post here.

boys at tosconova
05-01-2015, 01:04 AM
At the Stephen Foster a couple years ago I wanted to bet Fort Larned to win but the program had both post number and running number (or whatever it's called) due to a coupled entry. Long story short I had them mixed up and ended up on Nates Mineshaft for the race. I wish I could say one of them won but neither did. Nates Mineshaft ran a hell of a race but was run down by Ron the Greek and Wise Dan.

Also, my Dog picked Animal Kingdom to win the Derby, and I had Nehro and Macho Man plus a slew of others but didn't throw the dogs pick in my tri. Regardless, If he picks Carpe Diem I will post here.

been there as well..

oh,,,here's a new one.

i use to work for breitling and i collect watches. i purchased a german watch two days ago and went to find more info on it.

here is the first thread i opened up and look what it says..

Thinking about purchasing a Laco. Would love the Dortmund but I'm worried about the 45mm size on my 6.5 wrist. I generally wear a pam 111, does the Laco wear large?

depalma113
05-01-2015, 01:17 AM
So a guy on the radio yesterday says his first interview he ever had when he started covering boxing was with Manny Pacquiao. So he shows up for the interview, the door is open and he walks into the house. Pacquiao is sleeping standing up, like a pharaoh.