PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Oaks Day: Against the Grain

Lemon Drop Husker
04-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah, yeah, if you have paid any attention to anything I've posted on here, I'm not going to give out 2/1 or 5/2 "shots" anytime soon.

All said and done, this Oaks card is pretty damn impressive. Great to see CD stepping up to the plate. Finally. And Saturday gets even better. :jump:

Here are the races I'm keying on for shots to roll home, or open races that look to be of wagering value:

R2: 1M (T) FMdn62k: Looking at the :3: Seoul Gold along with :12: Folded Wings. Favorite is going longer after faltering late in previous 2. Not sold on this one yet, but could also fire the AE :15: in exotics to make it a day maker if she gets in. The :2: is concerning and will need to review at post time.

R3: 1 1/16th OC $75Kn1x: Looks like a "find your favorite closer" race as this is a ridiculously speed-induced field. I have a single wager here with the :8: Curalina at 3/1 or better or a likely pass on the race. A possible :4::6::8: Ex Box.

R5: 1 Mile OC $62.5n2x: Not a big fan of the race, so a small play on :7: Enchanting Lisa. Will need 3/1 or better. Maybe the 4/1 ML. Likely pass.

R8: 1 1/16th G2 Alysheba: I really like this race as the ML favorites are more than vulnerable. I see a "bounce" out of :2: Protonico, and I'll be happy to go against the public on :7: Honor Code. The :5: Midnight Celio has my most interest in here at a ML of 15/1, but :9: Noble Bird and :10: Cougar Ridge at a solid 50/1 have me interested. I see massive payout potential in this 10 horse field.

R9: 5F Turf Sprint G3: I can take a swing at :6: Forest Elf at 50/1 and :9: Buster Rose at 20/1. I have a hard time believing the MLs are remotely close in this one.

R10: 7F 8Belles G3: Taking the :3: Ekati's Phaeton. Will likely mix in the :4: Mizz Money as she looks ready to pop a big one.

R11: 1 1/8th Kentucky Oaks G1: Obviously the race of the day, and hopefully I've rolled home a ticket or 2.

This field is absolutely loaded with front end speed. The :1::2::4::5::6::7::8::11: look to all be needing to be on the front end, or have at least predominantly shown they need to be near the lead in order to be successful. (However, the :8: I'm a Chatterbox has shown the ability to not only rate, but close.)

I'm going with :13: Birdatthewire who has trained well at CD and should be set up for a perfect stalking or one run to bring home the win. Also like the :6: Angela Renee on pure class and connections to maybe fill out the exacta.