PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh.....

taxicab
04-30-2015, 07:11 PM
They're getting a little edgy in DC.... :eek:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91698/congressmen-repeal-interstate-simulcast-law

horses4courses
04-30-2015, 07:29 PM
What's new about that?

Two jokers, one from each party, basically want to pull the plug
on the sport of horse racing during it's highest exposure period.

Instead of trying to introduce something positive within the sport,
their answer is to just scrap it all. Knuckleheads :ThmbDown:

Hopefully, the majority of legilators will see reason.

chadk66
04-30-2015, 07:49 PM
what a bunch of clowns. they aren't man enough to bring forward legislation to force nationwide drug rules that are the same and implement standardized testing, fines and penalties. you know, something that would actually have a chance at working.

JustRalph
04-30-2015, 09:26 PM
I emailed my Senators and begged them to support it

MargieRose
04-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Won't happen. Mitch McConnell will have his say.

andtheyreoff
04-30-2015, 10:31 PM
This bill is like going into a city with a drug problem, and threatening to murder everyone who lives there unless they clean up.

Tom
04-30-2015, 11:02 PM
Widespread cheating and doping?
Have these two chuckleheads taken a look at CONGRESS lately?
Where do these idiots come from?

Some_One
05-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Why is a democrat from Colorado getting involved in the laws surrounding the sport of horse racing? How does it affect his state and people?

cj
05-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Why is a democrat from Colorado getting involved in the laws surrounding the sport of horse racing? How does it affect his state and people?

Arapahoe Park.

Saratoga_Mike
05-01-2015, 12:27 PM

New Mexico, I believe

cnollfan
05-01-2015, 01:17 PM
This Udall represents New Mexico.

Somehow I suspect this is tied into Joe Drape's New York Times articles a while back about horse racing in New Mexico. Similar story line and language.

Why Udall is going nationwide rather than attempting to clean up his own state is unclear.

Fortunately (I think) they took such a broad swipe that its chances of success are less than had they set their sights lower.