Exacta 3 years in a row?

boys at tosconova
04-30-2015, 03:25 PM
Exacta 3 years in a row?

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bill-cosby-no-gif.gif

depalma113
04-30-2015, 03:44 PM
only 1 more to go to get the joke of year in the derby

The joke of the year you are referring to would be a very nice closer who has a strong affinity for the Churchill surface. He broke his maiden at a mile and 3/16ths. I wouldn't put him in the winners circle, but he is going to run all day. I would definitely add him to any superfecta bet.

They didn't pay nearly a half a million dollars for dog food.

BlueChip@DRF
04-30-2015, 03:49 PM
The joke of the year you are referring to would be a very nice closer who has a strong affinity for the Churchill surface. He broke his maiden at a mile and 3/16ths. I wouldn't put him in the winners circle, but he is going to run all day. I would definitely add him to any superfecta bet.

He would anchor my exacta - ALL/22. This is not a skilled bet.

boys at tosconova
04-30-2015, 04:07 PM

yes..i'm a joke for calling tale of verve a joke in the KD..

ty for setting me straight

Giacomo05
04-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Corey Nakatani confirmed to ride Frammento

Lemon Drop Husker
04-30-2015, 04:08 PM

I believe he is referring to the Verve horse being next in line to get in if we have another scratch.

He just broke his maiden a few weeks ago at Keeneland.

JustRalph
04-30-2015, 04:41 PM
If the race falls apart, he looks a lot better.........conundrums abound

minethatbird08
04-30-2015, 04:51 PM
I believe he is referring to the Verve horse being next in line to get in if we have another scratch.

He just broke his maiden a few weeks ago at Keeneland.

At 1 3/16.

Derby trivia: 3 horses broke their maiden in the derby, one a triple crown winner. Can you name them?

Answers:
Buchanan 1884
Sir Barton 1919
Brokers Tip 1933

They are actually easy to remember. One is a president, one is the first TC winner, and ones name goes with the time period (stock market crash).

The last maiden to run was nationalore and finished 9th.

JustRalph
04-30-2015, 04:52 PM
At 1 3/16.

Derby trivia: 3 horses broke their maiden in the derby, one a triple crown winner. Can you name them?

Answers:
Buchanan 1884
Sir Barton 1919
Brokers Tip 1933

They are actually easy to remember. One is a president, one is the first TC winner, and ones name goes with the time period (stock market crash).

Is there going to be a ****ing test?

BlueChip@DRF
04-30-2015, 04:55 PM

You know damn right there is, so you better hit those books!

minethatbird08
04-30-2015, 04:55 PM

Ha, no

I just like knowing the history of things that interest me.

depalma113
04-30-2015, 05:13 PM

Danzig Moon, Keen Ice, Frammento and Tale of Verve all are only maiden winners.

People are drueling to bet money on three of them because they are closers, but the one with the longest odds who has raced at a mile and 3/16s and can close also is the joke of the year.

I just see that as strange.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-30-2015, 05:42 PM
At 1 3/16.

Answers:
Buchanan 1884
Sir Barton 1919
Brokers Tip 1933

And he ran 1 mile and 3/16ths in a blistering 2:00.23. That puts him maybe within 30 lengths of the Derby winner this year.

boys at tosconova
04-30-2015, 07:44 PM
And he ran 1 mile and 3/16ths in a blistering 2:00.23. That puts him maybe within 30 lengths of the Derby winner this year.

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/imported_assets/2139621/gk51Rmo.gif

Matt Bryan
04-30-2015, 08:57 PM

Seriously. How did this horse even qualify? Running some crappy maiden races, with less than exceptional figures. The only reason I'd bet on this horse would be so I could be in on the joke.

boys at tosconova
04-30-2015, 09:00 PM
Seriously. How did this horse even qualify? Running some crappy maiden races, with less than exceptional figures. The only reason I'd bet on this horse would be so I could be in on the joke.

hence the saying..."the jokes on you"

-sound of drum stick on cymbal

Lemon Drop Husker
04-30-2015, 09:03 PM

He didn't qualify.

He has 0 points.

However, every other available horse with actual KD points passed on the race.

The owner and trainer slipped him in late for a "chance". Nobody else enters, they take the next available horse.

You think Mine That Bird was a story?

How about a horse that broke his Maiden roughly 100 miles down the road 2 weeks before the Derby in seriously unimpressive fashion, and then improves by 30 BSF points, (or any rating system on the planet), rolling home at 200/1 odds.. or more. :eek:

Matt Bryan
04-30-2015, 09:06 PM
He didn't qualify.

He has 0 points.

The owner and trainer slipped him in late for a "chance". Nobody else enters, they take the next available horse.

How about a horse that broke his Maiden roughly 100 miles down the road 2 weeks before the Derby in seriously unimpressive fashion, and then improves by 30 BSF points, (or any rating system on the planet), rolling home at 200/1 odds.. or more. :eek:

It wouldn't be a joke then, would it!

Lemon Drop Husker
04-30-2015, 09:11 PM
It wouldn't be a joke then, would it!

No.

And I would be first on board to congratulate those who did fire that wager.

Please excuse my skepticism.

horses4courses
04-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Yesssss.....

At least I can tear up my $30 in futures tickets on Frammento @ 100-1
after the race instead of beforehand. What a relief...... :lol:

minethatbird08
04-30-2015, 10:34 PM
He didn't qualify.

He has 0 points.

Only in horse racing is such a story possible.

For the record I wouldn't wager on the Verve. Earlier I was just pointing out that horses have actually broke their maiden in the Derby. Wonder if that will ever be done again? I guess you would need a trainer like Wayne Lucas