PDA

View Full Version : Who do you listen to on CNBC?

_______
04-29-2015, 10:09 AM
My wife refers to it as the "blah blah" channel and 90% of the time that's all it is. I have it on in the background while doing other things. But I do stop and listen when I hear these voices:

Art Cashin, Bob Pisani, Mohamed El-Arian, and Bill Griffeth.

Cashin and Pisani are insiders who have done what they do for years and are good at explaining their point of view on the markets. El-Arian is a frequent guest with deep knowledge of a part of the market I still struggle to understand (fixed income). Griffeth gets in just because I've been listening to him since FNN days and he sounds like a calm elder statesman compared to the gesticulating screaming clowns that fil most of the other hours.

If you watch Bloomberg of FBN instead, who do you like there?

Robert Goren
04-29-2015, 11:34 AM
I generally watch Squawk Box in the morning. I have to put with a lot of chatter on it just to hear what some really smart people have to say. Buffet is on quite a bit. Bill Gross is worth a listen when he is on. So is Paul McCulley. I like it a lot more when the guest CEOs talk about their marketing plans rather than their company's stock price.

badcompany
04-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Your wife is spot on, Don.

There's rarely anything of value, with the exception of contrarian indicators. The media is usually very bullish/bearish at intermediate highs/lows.

A good recent example is the "March to Parity" we kept hearing about when the eur/usd was at ~105. It's at 110 now with zero talk of parity.